11-14-2019 08:51 AM
108 123 ...
tools
    I wasnt sure where else this should be posted, so I'm putting it here...

But it really amazes me that places, like most fast food places, still dont know about mobile payments, especially Samsung pay. And everytime I go to use it, they try to tell me they dont accept it.

End rant.

Thanks for listening.
    10-04-2019 02:06 PM
    The look on their faces when it beeps successful though.
    10-04-2019 02:56 PM
    I wasnt sure where else this should be posted, so I'm putting it here...

But it really amazes me that places, like most fast food places, still dont know about mobile payments, especially Samsung pay. And everytime I go to use it, they try to tell me they dont accept it.

End rant.

Thanks for listening.
    That still happens to me too. I was making a purchase the other day and the cashier said "we don't accept Apple Pay". I told her it wasn't Apple and she was surprised when it went through.
    10-04-2019 03:08 PM
    That still happens to me too. I was making a purchase the other day and the cashier said "we don't accept Apple Pay". I told her it wasn't Apple and she was surprised when it went through.
    Yes!! This is exactly what happened to me today (and almost every other time I use it)!

I went to pay, and the girl was like, "Oh do we take Apple Pay?" I said, "It's Samsung Pay."
    Her manager walks by and she says to her manager, "Do we take Samsung Pay?" to which her manager replied, "No, we're not setup for that either." And I hold my phone up to the CC machine, and it beeps. And the Cashier says, "Oh, I guess we do take it?"

Smh. It's not like this is brand new. This has been around for years now. Not just Samsung Pay, but mobile payments all together. It's not new, just let us pay and move on with our day already! lol
    10-04-2019 04:22 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay for 4 years now. In the beginning I got reactions about it but I haven't shopped in a place that doesn't accept phone payment methods (all phones) for a couple of years now. I haven't seen a reaction for quite a while.
    10-04-2019 04:27 PM
    A cashier at Don Quijotes actually cancelled the transaction after it went through saying, "We no take Apple pay." She made me use my actual card.
    10-04-2019 04:27 PM
    A cashier at Don Quijotes actually cancelled the transaction after it went through saying, "We no take Apple pay."
    wow
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-04-2019 04:54 PM
    A cashier at Don Quijotes actually cancelled the transaction after it went through saying, "We no take Apple pay." She made me use my actual card.
    That's the first time I've ever heard of that kind of thing happen!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-04-2019 05:19 PM
    I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?
    10-04-2019 05:53 PM
    Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined.
    walmart doesn't take them
    10-04-2019 05:56 PM
    I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?
    I have used it at walmart before but at a self checkout. might have to give it another try. been using walmart pay.
    10-04-2019 05:57 PM
    walmart doesn't take them
    I've use Samsung Pay at Walmart all the time. Was it declined because it didn't work, or was it declined because your flat broke?
    10-04-2019 05:57 PM
    I would have went to the manager on that.
    10-04-2019 05:59 PM
    I've use Samsung Pay at Walmart all the time. Was it declined because it didn't work, or was it declined because your flat broke?

when it was declined for me, ton of bucks available, they told me they don't
    10-04-2019 05:59 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay for 4 years now. In the beginning I got reactions about it but I haven't shopped in a place that doesn't accept phone payment methods (all phones) for a couple of years now. I haven't seen a reaction for quite a while.
    I only started since may when my bank started supporting it. before that had a prepaid card that would work but got tired of filling it.
    10-04-2019 06:02 PM
    Yes they do. Even when I walk into Walmart it sends me a notification telling me Samaung Pay accepted at walmart use it now. But regardless same issues at Walgreens. Pull out same card that is linked and will process.
    10-04-2019 06:08 PM
    Yes they do.
    probably my area
    10-04-2019 06:12 PM
    probably my area
    Yeah some Walmart’s still have old readers where it doesn’t work for some reason. If your Walmart has a self check out it should definitely work there as those are newer machines.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-04-2019 06:25 PM
    probably my area
    The Walmarts here don't have NFC readers and it still works. I use the MST capability.
    Serkle K and VidJunky like this.
    10-04-2019 06:32 PM
    I would have went to the manager on that.
    I was buying hotdog buns. It wasn't worth the time or effort.
    10-04-2019 06:40 PM
    The Walmarts here don't have NFC readers and it still works. I use the MST capability.

I'm pretty sure they haven't upgraded their software. I live in the boonies. also doesn't matter anymore. stopped using.
    10-04-2019 06:40 PM
    I'm pretty sure they haven't upgraded their software. I live in the boonies
    The software shouldn't matter if you are using the magnetic strip reader. It should be no different than swiping a standard credit/debit card.

For the record, Hawai'i is considered "boonies" for a lot of things.
    10-04-2019 06:43 PM
    The software shouldn't matter if you are using the magnetic strip reader. It should be no different than swiping a standard credit/debit card.

For the record, Hawai'i is considered "boonies" for a lot of things.
    also doesn't matter anymore. stopped using.
    10-04-2019 06:49 PM
    I quit using Samsung pay and just us my card. No place I went accosted Samsung pay. It just says error or declined. The only place that was consistent was Best Buy. You got to have an ID on you so you might as well have your cards too I figure. Hahaha. Oh well, then I got to thinking. I haven’t been anywhere in weeks to actually use any payment type and gas pumps don’t work.
    10-04-2019 07:00 PM
    If you go to a cashier make sure they select Debit/Credit before you try and use it. On self checkout do the same thing. It will work on about half of the registers without hitting credit/debit first and the other half do not.
    Vizi and tube517 like this.
    10-04-2019 07:02 PM
108 123 ...