Amazon or Samsung.com?

larsonage

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Has any purchase a phone on Amazon? Just wanted to know if anyone experienced any issues going through Amazon. I’m considering purchasing a Note10 plus.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Has any purchase a phone on Amazon? Just wanted to know if anyone experienced any issues going through Amazon. I’m considering purchasing a Note10 plus.

do you have a link?

if directly through Amazon, I wouldn't hesitate, but likely it's a third party seller, and maybe not even prime. I wouldn't chance it if I were you.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I purchased from Amazon before and return is easy. No restocking fee ;). If you live around Kohl's them it's added bonus, to spent money of course.

Usually, I buy my phone from Samsung.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is still offering a large trade-in bounty, in addition to the extra gifts, so be sure to consider that too, if you have an eligible phone you want to trade.

larsonage

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has one of the worst customer services. I would buy from somewhere where you can get an exchange hassle free.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased phones from some Amazon vendors that were brand new, local warranty, and a lot cheaper than anyone else. I've also purchased some that were pretty bad, like a "new" phone that was obviously very badly misused and had water damage. (Amazon accepts returns if there's anything wrong with an item advertised as being new, with no problem). So if the saving through Amazon is enough, I'd try Amazon. (The repair and any other customer service of that nature would still be through Samsung which, as koylan2k says, is about the worst there is. (Which is why I use Pixels now - the best customer service I've ever dealt with. No Notes, no one has that but Samsung, but I bought a stylus for $2 and I'm happy. [The updates are a lot more frequent too - first Monday of every month around 1 PM US eastern time. (they were a few minutes late today.)])

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has one of the worst customer services. I would buy from somewhere where you can get an exchange hassle free.

I had no issues returning a phone bought direct from Samsung. Filled out the form, got the rma, shipped it back and got the credit within days.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I have gotten all of my samsung phones through at$t but I would have no hesitations purchasing through Samsung or amazon. no matter who you get the phone from, it will still be samsung who will provide any warranty work. That is where I would sweat. too many horror stories online about samsung and their warranty.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues returning a phone bought direct from Samsung. Filled out the form, got the rma, shipped it back and got the credit within days.

They dont do exchanges like every one else, you must 1st return what you bought. They do it on purpose to screw the customers and not deal with too many returns. It's not just phones, its everything they sell. Even if you want to pay for exchange and shipping, they still refuse to do it, fcking assholes

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If the price/offers are same on Amazon and Samsung then I choose Amazon since faster prime shipping and better customer service dealing with returns/exchanges.

If Samsung.com has better price or offer I wouldn't hesitate buying from Samsung since I have had zero issues buying or trading or returning for the last few years. I have bought many phones direct from Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle