Vibration is sorely lacking!!

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Why did Samsung change the vibration motor for the Note 10 line? I don't even feel it vibrate if I get a text with my phone on vibrate only.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, have you gone into sounds in settings and adjust the slider up for vibration intensity
Why did Samsung change the vibration motor for the Note 10 line? I don't even feel it vibrate if I get a text with my phone on vibrate only.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes other apps premission can change those
I have the Vibration intensity at the Max and in my pocket, I can't even feel the vibration. Nothing like my Note 8. I've seen this complaint on other forums. So no one else here thinks the vibration when getting a text, is too subtle to be felt?

Which app permissions could affect Vibration? I've not heard of this. My Note 10+ is mirrored to my previous Note 8 and I did not have this issue with vibration intensity when receiving texts on my Note 8.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Vibration intensity at the Max and in my pocket, I can't even feel the vibration. Nothing like my Note 8. I've seen this complaint on other forums. So no one else here thinks the vibration when getting a text, is too subtle to be felt?
Mine works , it's pretty strong vibration.
Can you try this in safe mode if still happening?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can feel strong vibration just tapping keyboard keys , on full gestures the swipe up home ,recent,back buttons also

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Safe mode the same. Barely feel it vibrate in my pocket for texts. Is this my new norm? If I'm holding the phone, then yeah I feel it vibrate for about a second and that's it.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For text, yeah from the start. I didn't think much about it until I started seeing more post over on Samsung forums.
When you guys get a text, and with your phone on vibrate only, how long does your phone vibrate? It doesn't matter which vibrate pattern I pick, when it's on vibrate, the phone will do a subtle vibrate for no more than 2 seconds and that's it. On the stock messaging app as well as Verizon messages+ app. If there's something I'm missing in my settings then I'm at a loss. As I said my Note 8 had a nice strong steady vibration that lasted way longer than 2 seconds. The only way I know I have a text is from the alert on my watch, which I can feel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For text, yeah from the start. I didn't think much about it until I started seeing more post over on Samsung forums.
When you guys get a text, and with your phone on vibrate only, how long does your phone vibrate? It doesn't matter which vibrate pattern I pick, when it's on vibrate, the phone will do a subtle vibrate for no more than 2 seconds and that's it. On the stock messaging app as well as Verizon messages+ app. If there's something I'm missing in my settings then I'm at a loss. As I said my Note 8 had a nice strong steady vibration that lasted way longer than 2 seconds. The only way I know I have a text is from the alert on my watch, which I can feel.
I'll have to pay more attention and let you know. Hopefully you don't have a bad vibration motor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Couple steps I want you to try:
Go settings >general>reset
Reset settings
Reset accessibility

If still problem :

Go to settings >apps>tap 3 dots upper right corner >scroll to reset app preferences

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01