Anyone else having Live Focus just not work 99% of the time when using the front camera? The preview says the Effect is Ready and shows the blur, but once I hit the shutter (or click the SPen button) the effect is gone on the saved pic. I included a saved image and then a screenshot of the live camera right before hitting the shutter.

http://imgur.com/a/WvhCB9w

Is it maybe something with my beard causing the computation to freak out or something? This happens with hat on or off, glasses on or off. SOMETIMES it will work. Back camera doesn't have this problem when taking pics of other people, and admittedly I haven't tested it on myself. Just trying to see if it's a phone issue I should care about or a software issue that might get fixed?
    10-08-2019 10:42 AM
    Supersaf said the same thing and explains why he thinks so in this video at about the 9:20 mark.

Chorazin likes this.
    10-08-2019 08:23 PM
    I'm a beardo as well. I haven't even used the FFC on my 10+ that I can remember though. I'll give it a try tomorrow when there is better light out.
    Chorazin likes this.
    10-08-2019 08:28 PM
    I just took several with and without my glasses. As long as I took the photos straight on I didn't have any issues. However, if I held my head at an angle even if the camera app said the effect was ready, it wouldn't always work. When it did work some strange things happened. I buzz my hair so it's short, but my hair completely disappeared for example.

And no, I'm not gonna subject you guys to my ugly mug, so don't ask. LOL
    10-09-2019 12:09 PM
    Supersaf said the same thing and explains why he thinks so in this video at about the 9:20 mark.

Thank you so much for this! It's exactly my problem, and I'm glad to know it's not just me.

I really hope they can fix it with camera updates, because 99% of the time if I'm taking a selfie I'm using Live Focus.
    10-09-2019 12:39 PM
    I just took several with and without my glasses. As long as I took the photos straight on I didn't have any issues. However, if I held my head at an angle even if the camera app said the effect was ready, it wouldn't always work. When it did work some strange things happened. I buzz my hair so it's short, but my hair completely disappeared for example.

And no, I'm not gonna subject you guys to my ugly mug, so don't ask. LOL
    Come to think of it, the only time it's worked for me was when I was looking dead on at the camera, which I usually don't do. Thanks for testing it out and confirming us Beardos are getting crummy results from the camera!
    10-09-2019 12:41 PM
    Come to think of it, the only time it's worked for me was when I was looking dead on at the camera, which I usually don't do. Thanks for testing it out and confirming us Beardos are getting crummy results from the camera!
    I wonder though if it's the beard or just that the subject has to be looking straight at the camera. I'm not gonna shave my beard to test it.

Maybe someone without a beard can shoot a live focus selfie from an angle to test out if it works or not.
    10-09-2019 12:46 PM
    I wonder though if it's the beard or just that the subject has to be looking straight at the camera. I'm not gonna shave my beard to test it.

Maybe someone without a beard can shoot a live focus selfie from an angle to test out if it works or not.
    it worked for me. I have a small goatee.
    10-09-2019 03:03 PM