Yesterday, I was trying to use Quick Measure for the first time. It prompted to updated the app, which I did. Then, I tried to use it outside on my firepit, and it was around dusk, so it said there wasnt enough light.

So, I went to exit the app, and it not only crashed, but it rebooted my Note10+. Here's the weird part. My battery was around 40% before the reboot. And then after the reboot, it dropped significantly to 29%.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen with their battery after a crash or reboot? 11%+ drop in battery life is pretty significant. It was really odd.

Here's a screen shot of my battery right after the reboot.
    Attached Thumbnails Weird Battery Behavior-14636.jpg  
    10-09-2019 09:13 AM
    My 10+ has never crashed like that. Maybe an app, but never into a full reboot. After the first few weeks I stopped paying attention to my battery life honestly. I just throw it on my charger when I think about it. Especially since I've gotten my wireless charging car mount, I've worried less and less about battery life. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    10-09-2019 09:20 AM
    My 10+ has never crashed like that. Maybe an app, but never into a full reboot. After the first few weeks I stopped paying attention to my battery life honestly. I just throw it on my charger when I think about it. Especially since I've gotten my wireless charging car mount, I've worried less and less about battery life. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    I thought it was just very strange for it to drop like it did after a crash and reboot. I've never noticed anything like that before. I'm not usually worries about battery life either. Especially on the Note10 +.
    10-09-2019 11:22 AM
    I thought it was just very strange for it to drop like it did after a crash and reboot. I've never noticed anything like that before. I'm not usually worries about battery life either. Especially on the Note10 +.
    That's a head scratcher for sure.
    10-09-2019 11:24 AM
    I have heard of this happening before but not to a note10+. Keep an eye on it but it’s probably from some poor coding in the app. Did you notice the phone getting really hot?
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-10-2019 07:40 AM
    I have heard of this happening before but not to a note10+. Keep an eye on it but it’s probably from some poor coding in the app. Did you notice the phone getting really hot?
    No, it was not hot at all.
    10-10-2019 07:47 AM
    No, it was not hot at all.
    That’s weird. Just keep an eye on battery. I’m not saying it’s bad. Could simply be a sw bug
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-10-2019 07:48 AM
    Same app crashed on me again, and rebooted my phone, as I was trying to close out of the app. after reboot my battery was down about 12% from before the crash. Maybe it's an issue with Quick Measure for sure, as I haven't had any other app do this.
    10-12-2019 03:35 PM
    Same app crashed on me again, and rebooted my phone, as I was trying to close out of the app. after reboot my battery was down about 12% from before the crash. Maybe it's an issue with Quick Measure for sure, as I haven't had any other app do this.

trying it now
    10-12-2019 03:49 PM
    Maybe it's an issue with Quick Measure for sure, as I haven't had any other app do this
    I used the app as best I could given a dog in my lap. and I know this doesn't help, but I didn't have an issue closing it or anything else. I'm sure you've given all the permissions, cleared the cache, force closed it, reinstalled it, etc., and all that can be done.

sorry you're dealing with this.
    10-12-2019 03:54 PM
    I can only think of two things to cause this. Either the battery meter was hung up and not reporting updates before the reboot, or the battery itself is weak and losing capacity.
    10-12-2019 07:34 PM