Android 10 Beta coming Oct. 21?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been a Beta tester before with Samsung and wondering if you sign up and install the Beta is it easy to roll back if I wanted?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been a Beta tester before with Samsung and wondering if you sign up and install the Beta is it easy to roll back if I wanted?
Not that difficult. Make a backup on your computer using Smart Switch. Then you would de-register the beta profile on Samsung Members app. Restore via computer with the backup you made before joining the beta program.

Note: All data that was backed up before installing the beta software can be recovered, however there may be limitations in recovering data that was created after installing the Beta software. So make sure any files or photos you take after installing the beta are backed up to Google Photos, Drive, or somewhere before exiting the beta.

If you use Samsung Cloud you could create a backup just before installing the beta and restore from that as well. It just doesn't save quite as much as a Smart Switch backup from a computer.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I think with beta there won't be any monthly security updates until the final build (that's how Google does on pixel). Is that right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz