Can't Access Camera Settings After Sec Updates & Camera Update

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
headline says it all. when I try to access camera settings it comes up and immediately shuts down and goes back to camera. does it in pro mode, photo mode. anyone else.

any idea what I can do to help it? cleared app cache but didn't help.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
headline says it all. when I try to access camera settings it comes up and immediately shuts down and goes back to camera. does it in pro mode, photo mode. anyone else.

any idea what I can do to help it? cleared app cache but didn't help.

Mine seems fine. Does the app just close or does it say anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-222514_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010-222514_Camera.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 12

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You two have different phone hardware and different firmware versions, correct? And do you have different camera-software versions as well? It's difficult to compare without those details.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You two have different phone hardware and different firmware versions, correct? And do you have different camera-software versions as well? It's difficult to compare without those details.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-225449_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010-225449_Camera.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 13

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

why would I have two different phone hardware and firmware versions? I took the sec updates, first sept. then oct.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing cache, data, or both for the camera app.

all caches cleared internally and externally multiple times. and it's affecting nearly all my apps in one way or another. adding a contact took multiple saves because it would only let me enter one address line at a time. kept saying cannot save. one address line, one save. city, one save, state, one save, zip last because it kept giving issues for saving.

THIS is why I never take updates or update important apps like the camera. what a freakin' cf!

I really have to thank (who is it?) google, samsung, sprint for this. ruined a perfect device. ruined. loved it now hate it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You've tried booting into recovery and clearing the system cache too?

"all caches cleared internally and externally multiple times. and it's affecting nearly all my apps in one way or another. adding a contact took multiple saves because it would only let me enter one address line at a time. kept saying cannot save. one address line, one save. city, one save, state, one save, zip last because it kept giving issues for saving."

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Safe Mode? If that works then you may need to factory reset. If I remember correctly you use Package Disabler. Can be something conflicting with some system services you disabled.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly you use Package Disabler. Can be something conflicting with some system services you disabled.
Package-disabling is notorious for causing problems such as these. It's like performing amateur brain surgery and hoping you don't cut anything important.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Safe Mode? If that works then you may need to factory reset. If I remember correctly you use Package Disabler. Can be something conflicting with some system services you disabled.

nope not PDP. already tested that. it was disabled for all updates and still disabled when the attempt to access the camera settings took place - multiple times.

I am not doing a FR. that simple. this may be fixed with the next update or camera update. I'm not in a hurry to access camera settings. they're set the way I like them.

though I may try accessing it in safe mode.