11-11-2019 12:57 AM
133 12345 ...
tools
    Apple does get some nifty benefits
    like what? thanks
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-12-2019 02:45 PM
    I have use a Note 10+ and came from 3 years with a Note8. I’m siding an iPhone pro max now. Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing. But if your bored with a phone then maybe you need a 2nd job. Honestly, I can’t even comprehend how that would occur. I know I’m sounding mean but it’s not cooking my dinner or wiping my butt.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The pro max is amazing and never misses a beat and takes the greatest pics you’ll ever see on a phone until at least next year. For only handing 4GB of ram you’ll never know it. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

People like to talk about app drawers and customization. Well in iOS there no reason to change an app drawer. They were created in the 1st place to replace the laggy or less user friendly ones back in the day.

Now on the flip side there’s not real reason to choose an iPhone unless you like quality apps, battery life, speed, reliability, longevity, security, iMessage and FaceTime, and glass creen protectors and a sweet camera (Samsung cameras are garbage vs pixels)

The major standouts between the 2 are software updates,app quality, battery, camera, and minor customization.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-12-2019 03:30 PM
    The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability.
    this ^^^
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-12-2019 03:33 PM
    like what? thanks
    Well, iMessage is one of the best messaging platforms. And if you use other Apple products, the integration between all of those products is pretty top-notch (like the Apple Watch). The OS is smooth - it just works. And you get the awesome media experience - camera, music, great display for videos.

Now, I'm definitely more of an Android person - I will probably never use Apple products. But, I give credit where credit is due!
    10-12-2019 03:45 PM
    Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

People like to talk about app drawers and customization. Well in iOS there no reason to change an app drawer. They were created in the 1st place to replace the laggy or less user friendly ones back in the day.

Now on the flip side there’s not real reason to choose an iPhone unless you like quality apps, battery life, speed, reliability, longevity, security, iMessage and FaceTime, and glass creen protectors and a sweet camera (Samsung cameras are garbage vs pixels)

The major standouts between the 2 are software updates,app quality, battery, camera, and minor customization.
    If you don't know the functionality of having an app drawer and using widgets to get things done fast, I can't educate you either. There's a reason iPad OS evolving with widgets on screen (files app, reading USB devices are other things apple is forced to implement). Curved screen is for aesthetics more than functionality and I have enough screen to play with my Spen. I love the way phone looks when seeing content or videos. Why do iPhones need a notch (ugly) instead of extending that black bar either ways. You didn't even mention that coz you don't even see it since you like that product.

Regarding quality of apps, I use only the main ones and not substandard apps and the difference between android and iOS is not much different now.

I feel note series is a power user device with Spen, big screen, split screen, DeX, secure folder, battery life and customization. IPhone doesn't even deserve pro in its name with any difference between 11 and previous years. Camera doesn't alone make a device pro and if it the case all the pixels are pros.
    Golurk and iSilas like this.
    10-12-2019 10:42 PM
    If you don't know the functionality of having an app drawer and using widgets to get things done fast, I can't educate you either. There's a reason iPad OS evolving with widgets on screen (files app, reading USB devices are other things apple is forced to implement). Curved screen is for aesthetics more than functionality and I have enough screen to play with my Spen. I love the way phone looks when seeing content or videos. Why do iPhones need a notch (ugly) instead of extending that black bar either ways. You didn't even mention that coz you don't even see it since you like that product.

Regarding quality of apps, I use only the main ones and not substandard apps and the difference between android and iOS is not much different now.

I feel note series is a power user device with Spen, big screen, split screen, DeX, secure folder, battery life and customization. IPhone doesn't even deserve pro in its name with any difference between 11 and previous years. Camera doesn't alone make a device pro and if it the case all the pixels are pros.
    What makes you think I like my iPhone anymore that my note?

No I didn’t mention the notch bc quite frankly it’s not something that has really bothered me. The only time it ever gets in the way is if I full screen a video and when that happens I’m already cropping off the top and bottom.

I never really used widgets but I also didn’t put them in my list as not everyone will use them and I’m not going to add misinformation if I was wrong. I probably should use them more. Only one I used was the weather widget and even then any of them I tried were bugged out and never refreshed. As for the app drawer I just swipe down and get a list of apps. Although I have recently seen the Microsoft app drawer and am curious about it.

I do agree with your last paragraph.
    10-12-2019 10:53 PM
    I have use a Note 10+ and came from 3 years with a Note8. I’m siding an iPhone pro max now. Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing. But if your bored with a phone then maybe you need a 2nd job. Honestly, I can’t even comprehend how that would occur. I know I’m sounding mean but it’s not cooking my dinner or wiping my butt.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The pro max is amazing and never misses a beat and takes the greatest pics you’ll ever see on a phone until at least next year. For only handing 4GB of ram you’ll never know it. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

You had the note8 three years ago? It came out only two years ago in 2017.
    iSilas likes this.
    10-12-2019 11:05 PM
    You had the note8 three years ago? It came out only two years ago in 2017.
    Typo. Wow and after re reading what I posted maybe I should go back to elementary lmao.
    10-12-2019 11:05 PM
    The iPhone is not boring if you have only owned an Android. In the beginning it's not boring. It takes a week or so then it becomes boring. iPhones instant on all the time. Remember when it took a couple of minutes to boot up an Android. Rooting and then crossing your fingers when you boot it up that you didn't brick it. Ah the good ole days.
    10-13-2019 12:04 AM
    Rooting and then crossing your fingers when you boot it up that you didn't brick it. Ah the good ole days.
    yeeesssss...
    10-13-2019 12:42 AM

I completely agree. Always sick of hearing ‘Samsung cameras are garbage vs Pixels...” argument. Are Pixel photos generally better? Yes. Are Samsung cameras good? Yes. Funny thing is using the above argument to say iPhone cameras are better makes no sense at all.

Good battery life only arrived onto iPhones this year, something Androids have had for years, so idk where that argument is going.

Quality apps? Seriously? Most apps that people use are on both, and google Play has a lot of great apps. Maybe that reasoning would have worked 5 years ago, but not now.

If you think the customisation options on Android are ‘minor’ then you either don’t use/appreciate them (in which fine an iPhone will suit you perfectly) or don’t know about half of them. On Android you can customise pretty much anything you want. IOS? Not so much.

Glass screen protectors? First time I’ve heard of it. You can get glass screen protectors on Androids and iPhones.

Reliability/Longevity/Security wise Androids are almost as good as iPhones. Android security is increasing while iOS exploits are rising but currently iPhones are slightly more secure. I say slightly because most of the so called ‘Android exploits’ you see on the tech media involve apps that few have even heard about. And then there was that iPhone throttling scandal a while back. The difference for the three listed above is negligible.

And when it comes to the curved screen...I actually like it. It’s more or less for a purely aesthetic reason (nice to look at when display content) and if you drop a phone without a case on it it’s probably going to break anyway, so using that as an excuse for potential clumsiness doesn’t work.
    Maximo_Mark79 likes this.
    10-13-2019 04:35 AM
    I completely agree. Always sick of hearing ‘Samsung cameras are garbage vs Pixels...” argument. Are Pixel photos generally better? Yes. Are Samsung cameras good? Yes. Funny thing is using the above argument to say iPhone cameras are better makes no sense at all.

Good battery life only arrived onto iPhones this year, something Androids have had for years, so idk where that argument is going.

Quality apps? Seriously? Most apps that people use are on both, and google Play has a lot of great apps. Maybe that reasoning would have worked 5 years ago, but not now.

If you think the customisation options on Android are ‘minor’ then you either don’t use/appreciate them (in which fine an iPhone will suit you perfectly) or don’t know about half of them. On Android you can customise pretty much anything you want. IOS? Not so much.

Glass screen protectors? First time I’ve heard of it. You can get glass screen protectors on Androids and iPhones.

Reliability/Longevity/Security wise Androids are almost as good as iPhones. Android security is increasing while iOS exploits are rising but currently iPhones are slightly more secure. I say slightly because most of the so called ‘Android exploits’ you see on the tech media involve apps that few have even heard about. And then there was that iPhone throttling scandal a while back. The difference for the three listed above is negligible.

And when it comes to the curved screen...I actually like it. It’s more or less for a purely aesthetic reason (nice to look at when display content) and if you drop a phone without a case on it it’s probably going to break anyway, so using that as an excuse for potential clumsiness doesn’t work.
    Samsung cameras aren’t bad in terms of hardware but they have too much post process smoothing. That makes the pictures look awful but unless someone compares them side by side then you may not notice.

iPhones had pretty good battery life since the plus series. I literally had to buy phones that had the best battery life at the time because of my job. At that times the pluses were really good and on par with the notes.

Quality apps. App quality is just plain and simple smoother and better looking on iOS.

We won’t talk about customization again. That’s been gone over quite enough and I don’t do any of that typically. Others may and some others may not.

The glass screen protector argument is only for curved screens. Not everyone is going to use a Whitestone dome due to the install process. I have only tried a zagg glass protector since the note 8. It only had adhesive on the edges and it was useless.

iOS is much more secure than android. It’s simply not slightly.

I like the curved screen for looks only. But would gladly give it up for a flat screen with slight more width.
    TgeekB and toenail_flicker like this.
    10-13-2019 08:09 AM
    iOS is not more secure than Android. That is an old isheep tale. Both are equally bad as of today.

https://www.pcmag.com/commentary/367...is-more-secure

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/android...ews-30392.html

Samsung cameras aren’t bad in terms of hardware but they have too much post process smoothing. That makes the pictures look awful but unless someone compares them side by side then you may not notice.

iPhones had pretty good battery life since the plus series. I literally had to buy phones that had the best battery life at the time because of my job. At that times the pluses were really good and on par with the notes.

Quality apps. App quality is just plain and simple smoother and better looking on iOS.

We won’t talk about customization again. That’s been gone over quite enough and I don’t do any of that typically. Others may and some others may not.

The glass screen protector argument is only for curved screens. Not everyone is going to use a Whitestone dome due to the install process. I have only tried a zagg glass protector since the note 8. It only had adhesive on the edges and it was useless.

iOS is much more secure than android. It’s simply not slightly.

I like the curved screen for looks only. But would gladly give it up for a flat screen with slight more width.
    10-13-2019 10:51 AM
    iOS is not more secure than Android. That is an old isheep tale. Both are equally bad as of today.

https://www.pcmag.com/commentary/367...is-more-secure

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/android...ews-30392.html
    I wouldn’t say they are equal at all. Especially that those articles are months old. Each app and OS update and change how secure they are.
    10-13-2019 12:31 PM
    I wouldn’t say they are equal at all. Especially that those articles are months old. Each app and OS update and change how secure they are.
    A few months old does not equal to being a bad article. It is known both are equally as bad, and not one is better than the other. Why are you on a Android site if all you do is favor iOS?
    10-13-2019 12:56 PM
    A few months old does not equal to being a bad article. It is known both are equally as bad, and not one is better than the other. Why are you on a Android site if all you do is favor iOS?
    They have the right to come here as long as they dont break any rules ..some will favor iPhone and others will do same for android .
    tekjunkie28, Bkdodger1 and msm0511 like this.
    10-13-2019 01:07 PM
    They have the right to come here as long as they dont break any rules ..some will favor iPhone and others will do same for android .
    I agree. We may disagree with him but he is allowed here. That is something a few folks on iMore need to understand lol.

But app quality is subjective in terms of iOS vs Android. Depends on your personal taste. IPhones are more secure than Androids but it doesn’t make a difference in normal use...a lot of scaremongering and misinformation going around.
    10-13-2019 01:42 PM
    I don’t favor it at all. I’m am stating only facts here. Any fan boy couldn’t see that though.

I have used almost every note and the Og droid, droid max and galaxy S3. I prefer android in I’m also not blind from the fence that divides the OSs.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-13-2019 01:44 PM
    I don’t favor it at all. I’m am stating only facts here. Any fan boy couldn’t see that though.

I have used almost every note and the Og droid, droid max and galaxy S3. I prefer android in I’m also not blind from the fence that divides the OSs.
    In my experience, Apple sheep and Android fanboys on forums tend to ignore your argument, personally insult you, are generally hypocrites and don’t know the difference between fact and opinion.

I’m not a big fan of pressuring or kicking people out of forums because they have a different view. What’s the point of having a forum where everyone agrees and thinks the same thing? Would be very boring.
    10-13-2019 01:56 PM
    In my experience, Apple sheep and Android fanboys on forums tend to ignore your argument, personally insult you, are generally hypocrites and don’t know the difference between fact and opinion.

I’m not a big fan of pressuring or kicking people out of forums because they have a different view. What’s the point of having a forum where everyone agrees and thinks the same thing? Would be very boring.
    Right. I don’t attack someone unless they just plain deserve it. Your can’t fix stupid or ignorant. I’m not biased to one OS or the other. Android and iOS both have their faults and there one sinks the other rises. I personally use iOS as I write this but I’m going to be picking me up another note 10+... maybe even today. My first one seemed to have some issues with it. I also need the open network API for work also and the multitasking abilities with PIP for my other job. iOS is wonderful but it still has a long ways to go before I could stick with it like I used to.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-13-2019 02:01 PM
    Right. I don’t attack someone unless they just plain deserve it. Your can’t fix stupid or ignorant. I’m not biased to one OS or the other. Android and iOS both have their faults and there one sinks the other rises. I personally use iOS as I write this but I’m going to be picking me up another note 10+... maybe even today. My first one seemed to have some issues with it. I also need the open network API for work also and the multitasking abilities with PIP for my other job. iOS is wonderful but it still has a long ways to go before I could stick with it like I used to.
    No need to attack someone , just report it to a Mod , ambassador,or triangle button ...it will be handled
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-13-2019 02:42 PM

You aren't stating facts. Just your opinion. I showed you the facts with the links.
    10-13-2019 03:45 PM
    You aren't stating facts. Just your opinion. I showed you the facts with the links.
    By the numbers they state exactly what I said. iOS is more secure...
    10-13-2019 04:10 PM
    By the numbers they state exactly what I said. iOS is more secure...
    lol. And you talked about being biased, you are the one. I'm done.
    10-13-2019 04:29 PM
    lol. And you talked about being biased, you are the one. I'm done.
    I’m glad. Did you read the articles? Not sure how I’m biased though.
    10-13-2019 04:53 PM
133 12345 ...