11-19-2019 02:35 AM
142 ... 3456
tools
    Agreed. Having see photo comparisons the difference (if any) is minimal. In terms of speed both are equal, despite Apple sheep and marketing trying to convince you that Apple CPUs are the best in the world and benchmarks blah blah blah.

In terms of display I prefer the slightly more saturated colours of Samsung displays to the more muted ones of the iPhone but it comes down to personal preference.

However if you really want a phone that has everything including the kitchen sink and excels at multitasking, note taking etc then the Note 10+ is the one to get (S Pen and Android is way better at multitasking in my experience).

The iPhone 11 Pro is an excellent device as well but falls short in a couple of areas (but also is better in others)
    Why all of the name calling? You don't like that some choose the iphone?
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-16-2019 01:56 PM
    Why all of the name calling? You don't like that some choose the iphone?
    Name calling? I haven’t insulted anybody on this thread, nor have I said that the Note 10+ beats the 11 Pro in every area or that the iPhone 11 Pro is a bad device.

Idk what you’re talking about...just voicing my opinion. I don’t see why anybody should be offended.
    10-16-2019 02:46 PM
    Name calling? I haven’t insulted anybody on this thread, nor have I said that the Note 10+ beats the 11 Pro in every area or that the iPhone 11 Pro is a bad device.

Idk what you’re talking about...just voicing my opinion. I don’t see why anybody should be offended.
    You literally said Apple Sheep...
    10-16-2019 02:57 PM
    Could you tell me what’s not true? Seems everyone is on the same page as I am.
    Obviously not everyone. Many of your comments are subjective; and you stated as such, when making about image and sound quality, and keyboard comparisons.
    NIZMOZ44 and jimboblarry like this.
    10-16-2019 04:18 PM

Yes. Referring to people as apple sheep is derogatory . Just like calling people android sheep , etc. In the end we all like technology that works for us and it may be different than what someone else likes.

I use both my Note10+ and my iPhone X. Good smartphones but I use then for different things.
    10-17-2019 11:39 AM
    I didn’t call anybody on this thread an Apple sheep. It is a derogatory term, but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Plenty of people on this forum have used the term without any issues being raised. No need to be overly sensitive. As far as I’m aware I’m not breaking any rules.

Geez
    10-17-2019 03:38 PM
    I didn’t call anybody on this thread an Apple sheep. It is a derogatory term, but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Plenty of people on this forum have used the term without any issues being raised. No need to be overly sensitive. As far as I’m aware I’m not breaking any rules.

Geez
    Totally agree. We are on android forum. We have the rights to have little fun. 😁
    Golurk and jimboblarry like this.
    10-17-2019 04:21 PM
    How about this. We on this android forum show better manners.
    10-18-2019 12:33 PM
    100% +1

it's about being kind. anyone can be unkind. the whole world is unkind. let's be better.
    10-18-2019 12:41 PM
    No need to argue about this...you’re making a mountain out of a mole hill. I’ll make sure to try and not say anything ‘offensive’ if you’re on the thread (it wasn’t intended to be or is offensive, but since you’re getting really triggered over it I’ll make an effort).

Sometimes, we have to be realistic. We’ve already wasted too much time arguing about something that really shouldn’t be an issue...people don’t want to join this thread and see an argument over something so minor.
    gyounk and jimboblarry like this.
    10-18-2019 01:16 PM
    I think for a lot of people (including me) phones in general have gotten boring. There's not much new to discover, no new killer apps, features or something like that. Switching to iOS is a very temporary solution though, as it's different enough for a bit, but then it gets even more boring...

Other than the frustrating FPS on my Note 10+, it's basically same as my old Note 9. Screen is a bit bigger, and noticeably enough that I'm keeping it, but really, in day-to-day operations, I've had the basically same phone in my pocket since Note 8 (except for battery life of course).
    10-18-2019 02:40 PM
    Fun is different from insulting. If we are fair with our views it (the word biased/sheep) doesn't point to us. Of course pointing someone is definitely wrong.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-18-2019 03:45 PM
    I've had the Note 2, 4, 8 and 10+, the N10+ is worlds different then the N8. Have fun with the iPhone, bye.
    10-24-2019 12:40 PM
    I think for a lot of people (including me) phones in general have gotten boring. There's not much new to discover, no new killer apps, features or something like that. Switching to iOS is a very temporary solution though, as it's different enough for a bit, but then it gets even more boring...

Other than the frustrating FPS on my Note 10+, it's basically same as my old Note 9. Screen is a bit bigger, and noticeably enough that I'm keeping it, but really, in day-to-day operations, I've had the basically same phone in my pocket since Note 8 (except for battery life of course).
    I agree - phones are definitely becoming a bit harder to choose between because they are all so similar. Of course, you can buy a phone from a different manufacturer and try out their skin and see if you like it - and then go for things like bigger screen size, fingerprint scanner location, etc.- but at the end of the day, phones are often comparable and it's worth waiting for a while before getting a new one.

Of course, when you're a phone addict like me and need to change things up every 14-18 months... That's another story.
    Golurk and polbit like this.
    10-24-2019 02:19 PM
    Yea. Too difficult. Makes me just want to go back to a flip tbh
    10-24-2019 02:24 PM
    For all the criticism of phones like the Note 10 (+) and P30 (Pro), especially the former, they sound like the ideal devices for me...they have all the features possible and then throw in the kitchen sink. As somebody who likes exploring the cool features of a device I could never get bored with something like the Note 10+...of course I’ll probably end up disagreeing with myself 6 -12 months later if I bought it lol
    10-24-2019 02:57 PM
    For all the criticism of phones like the Note 10 (+) and P30 (Pro), especially the former, they sound like the ideal devices for me...they have all the features possible and then throw in the kitchen sink. As somebody who likes exploring the cool features of a device I could never get bored with something like the Note 10+...of course I’ll probably end up disagreeing with myself 6 -12 months later if I bought it lol
    While I generally agree, the problem is when these features are half-baked. Unlocking the phone for example - facial recognition is completely insecure and not suitable for financial transactions, fingerprint scanner (assuming they can actually fix the current little fiasco with the screen protectors) is cumbersome and not reliable enough. I just got an iPad Pro 12.9, and I have to admit, Face ID just works. I'd be happy with the Note 9 fingerprint scanner though, that worked fine too...
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-25-2019 09:59 AM
    While I generally agree, the problem is when these features are half-baked. Unlocking the phone for example - facial recognition is completely insecure and not suitable for financial transactions, fingerprint scanner (assuming they can actually fix the current little fiasco with the screen protectors) is cumbersome and not reliable enough. I just got an iPad Pro 12.9, and I have to admit, Face ID just works. I'd be happy with the Note 9 fingerprint scanner though, that worked fine too...
    Agree. But if you look at the same Samsung documentation on the fix it says something like the textured surface of a folding case may unlock the phone.... WTF?? Are you serious Samsung??
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-25-2019 10:12 AM
    Agree. But if you look at the same Samsung documentation on the fix it says something like the textured surface of a folding case may unlock the phone.... WTF?? Are you serious Samsung??

this falls under the category "just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should", as so many of Samsung's ideas do.
    10-25-2019 10:29 AM
    True. Hopefully they will fix that. On the other hand you have Apple and Google, where features that people want are not included at all (or in Google’s case they just get the battery life wrong).

srgonu likes this.
    10-25-2019 10:46 AM
    OP Here...

So, after keeping the 11 Pro Max for 14 Days, returning it and buying it again to get another 14 days, I gotta say, iOS is something special. Fun, super user friendly and just clean. Whether it be Air Dropping photos with my girlfriend, Facetiming my family or having fun with my Memoji (again, with and only with my girlfriend), the iPhone 11 Max Pro was a delight.

That being said, with today being my 14th and last day to return it again, I did just that and am back in my Note 8. The speech-to-text was atrocious, Siri couldn't hold Google Assistant's jockstrap on her best day and at the end of the day, I just needed my basic functionality back. The thing about iPhones is that everyone has them. EVERYONE. I'm sure I'll miss certain features, but I'll probably go pick up a Note 10+ in the morning and take it back around Black Friday if any really killer deals are out there.

Again, iPhone is crisp, clean, super user friendly and just fun. Cannot deny that whatsoever, but at the end of the day, I just missed Samsung.
    evohicks and Golurk like this.
    11-09-2019 01:14 AM
    So, after keeping the 11 Pro Max for 14 Days, returning it and buying it again to get another 14 days, I gotta say, iOS is something special. Fun, super user friendly and just clean. Whether it be Air Dropping photos with my girlfriend, Facetiming my family or having fun with my Memoji (again, with and only with my girlfriend), the iPhone 11 Max Pro was a delight.

That being said, with today being my 14th and last day to return it again, I did just that and am back in my Note 8. The speech-to-text was atrocious, Siri couldn't hold Google Assistant's jockstrap on her best day and at the end of the day, I just needed my basic functionality back. The thing about iPhones is that everyone has them. EVERYONE. I'm sure I'll miss certain features, but I'll probably go pick up a Note 10+ in the morning and take it back around Black Friday if any really killer deals are out there.

Again, iPhone is crisp, clean, super user friendly and just fun. Cannot deny that whatsoever, but at the end of the day, I just missed Samsung.
    Last week I went and bought an iPhone pro max. I still have my note 10+ though.

My work phone recently got upgraded from a 5c to an XR. And that upgrade really blew my mind because prior to the upgrade I detested iOS and iPhones.

The main thing that changed my perception was their version of Face ID. I work in construction so it’s always been a huge problem with fingerprint sensors. My hands are always dirty and sometimes I couldn’t even unlock my android phones. (Been a diehard android user since the og droid).

Their Face ID is just perfect. And I feel so much more secure using it. Not just for unlocking the phone but across the board on all my banking , credit card apps. The way wallet is so cohesively tied into the phone makes purchasing seamless.

Things i like better on the pro max vs the note:
    -All and every app I use is smoother, better looking
    -battery life is about 30% better
    -I know longer have to worry about updates (in just 1 week already received 2)
    -no carrier bloat!!
    -scrolling or reading on any site, or within an app never stutters(note 10 did)
    -camera is noticeably quicker , I’d say quality of actual photos is a little better
    -audio blows away the note
    -I just feel so much safer in the iOS ecosystem

Things I miss about android :
    -Nova!
    -my s pen- but i hardly use it

The number one thing that’s driving me insane is not being able to have widgets and the nice uncluttered home screen. But I’m slowly getting on without. I’m getting older and the need to constantly tweet and tinker has gotten less over the years. At the end of the day my phones purpose is to do all the things I need to do and it does.

The pros for me far outweigh the cons.

Android has come such a long way, but it will never be the cohesive experience of iOS. It can’t be! Because they’ve given the keys to anyone and everyone who wants to develop a phone.
    Yes they have some guidelines (I’m also an android developer) but there’s just too many variables to get that cohesive experience.

Peace out!
    11-09-2019 05:40 AM
    I have both phones.....the Note 10+ and 11Pro Max. Love them both for different reasons.
    I can relate to the OP and getting bore with a phone. That is why i have both. I get bore with one phone i swap sims and go onto the next phone.
    This setup works very well for me. There are some things the Note 10+ plus does so much better than IOS and the iphone. The there are things the 11 Pro max does so much better than Android and the Note 10+. Both phones are great and IMHO this is the perfect setup....having both to switch back and forth to.
    11-09-2019 07:42 AM
    True. Hopefully they will fix that. On the other hand you have Apple and Google, where features that people want are not included at all (or in Google’s case they just get the battery life wrong).

This is where I am torn.
    As far as “features people want”, do they really? How many people and how many features? Piling on features eventually makes the phone cluttered and difficult to use. The one thing about iOS, for example, or a Pixel phone is they are clean which makes a much smoother and, for many of us, enjoyable experience.
    11-09-2019 08:29 AM
    I have been debating switching too. The cost to go from a used note 10 plus to an 11 pro max is significant. Used to used it's at least 350. Used to new is worse. Closer to 500. I'm not sure the iphone offers that much more value. I would miss the screen and the better audio codecs from samsung. And I hate the cluttered home screen. I switched to the note because ios is just stupidly boring. I'm sure within a month I would conclude the same. That said, I am drawn to that green pro max. Just looks badass.
    11-09-2019 11:41 AM
142 ... 3456