11-19-2019 02:35 AM
142 ... 456
tools
    I continue with my iPhone X and my Note10+, using both when I feel the need to swap. Best setup. Now I'm typing in the Note. In some minutes I'll go outside, when I won't need all this screen, so I'll change my SIM for my iPhone. Both are great devices. Couldn't be more satisfied.
    11-09-2019 11:56 AM
    I recently switched from an iPhone 7+. I've been using iPhones since they became available in Canada in July of 2008.

If your bored with the Note 10, you'll die of boredom with the iPhone. No customization capabilities make it pretty bland to use.
    Golurk likes this.
    11-09-2019 01:37 PM
    I switched from the pro max to the note 10. About the only thing I miss really is the battery life. The battery life in the pro max is amazing. It's crazy good.

But for the money the overall package offered by the note 10 plus for me is better. I'll sacrifice battery life for all the features I enjoy more on the Note.

Everyone's milage will vary of course. Good luck with the choice. Both a great devices.
    11-09-2019 02:08 PM
    I find the note to be the best and fastest device to date for me. I also own a new iPhone 11 as a second line which is a close second to the note just not nearly as fast. For me the note just works so well the UI kills Apples IOS in so many ways. But Apple kills android as far as watches go I tried both and ended up with the Apple Watch. What they say about Apple “ it just works” is so true when it comes to how well their iPhone and watch functions. It’s nice to have both Apple and android but in a few years I will only need one device and will have to make a decision on which to carry.
    11-09-2019 03:13 PM
    I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?
    Don't do it!!

I get to play around with her iPhone 11 pro from her job. You're going to miss the note 10 plus!!

But go ahead to each his own.
    11-09-2019 04:19 PM
    Why are we trying to change their mind?
    Why not just say Adios and let them learn?
    11-09-2019 09:13 PM
    I'm using the Note 10 plus and an iPhone 11 pro max. When I get bored I swap my sim back and forth. They're both great in their own right, but I have to say for the record, the iPhone triggers pwm headaches in my case. I can't look at it for too long or i get a headache and the muscles under my eyes twitch. First time it's ever happened. I don't get that when I'm using the note. Only thing that sucks is lack of an equally good smart watch for the samsung.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-10-2019 11:32 PM
    You can get the iPhone but you say you're bored with the Note than you'll be really bored with iOS. Try it to see if it works for you. You can use both.
    wbcolon, Golurk and kevinpleasants like this.
    11-11-2019 12:57 AM
    I picked up an 11 Pro Max yesterday. Still have my N10+. I'm going to use the iPhone for a week or two before deciding. It really is looking to be a tough call. The Note is objectively superior in many areas. The screen real estate is noticeable. It is easier to handle despite being bigger. Sleeker. More modern. Feature packed. Interestingly, the iPhone screen looks brighter to me in everyday use. The iPhone just works. It is smoother. Animations are top notch where the Note animations stutter even at .5x. A lot of my home stuff is apple so it makes life a little easier. A big issue for me is battery life. My note gets me through a day provided I used dark mode. Today is day 2 so I haven't tested battery yet but most are reporting its a 2 day phone. I'd love to keep them both but $2000 in phones seems excessive ...
    11-17-2019 09:04 AM
    I have both. iPhone XS and Pixel 3XL. Great phones but I'm bored. I had a Note 8 and had it set up like a Google phone, so switched to Pixel.
    11-17-2019 09:48 AM
    I picked up an 11 Pro Max yesterday. Still have my N10+. I'm going to use the iPhone for a week or two before deciding. It really is looking to be a tough call. The Note is objectively superior in many areas. The screen real estate is noticeable. It is easier to handle despite being bigger. Sleeker. More modern. Feature packed. Interestingly, the iPhone screen looks brighter to me in everyday use. The iPhone just works. It is smoother. Animations are top notch where the Note animations stutter even at .5x. A lot of my home stuff is apple so it makes life a little easier. A big issue for me is battery life. My note gets me through a day provided I used dark mode. Today is day 2 so I haven't tested battery yet but most are reporting its a 2 day phone. I'd love to keep them both but $2000 in phones seems excessive ...
    Best 2 phones on market. I think you will end up with apple just because you have other apple products in your life. Me on the other hand have everything Google. So while would love to get an 11 pro max, I really have no interest in getting pulled into apples eco system. I like my Android.
    Bkdodger1 likes this.
    11-17-2019 10:37 AM
    Best 2 phones on market. I think you will end up with apple just because you have other apple products in your life. Me on the other hand have everything Google. So while would love to get an 11 pro max, I really have no interest in getting pulled into apples eco system. I like my Android.
    My biggest peeve with iOS is the lack of an app drawer. I HATE a cluttered home screen.

Having an iPhone when family does makes everything a little easier. The screen is really impressive. My note has some yellow tint and was a little dim in comparison.
    Golurk likes this.
    11-17-2019 08:47 PM
    Best two phone out right now IMO... 11 Pro Max / Note 10+

I keep my iOS clean as can be .. don't like clutter on home screenLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213120.jpegLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213207.jpegLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213216.jpegLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213131.jpegLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213149.jpegLongtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone-20191117_213156.jpeg
    11-17-2019 09:34 PM
    How do you do that? Is there an app?
    11-19-2019 12:07 AM
    Most people use their phone as a tool for sending or receiving information of various sorts. The world's supply of interesting information is inexhaustible, so that never gets old.

But some users--especially here in these forums--are primarily interested in the phone itself as a source of entertainment. They enjoy the process of configuring the phone, modifying its software or even just its visual presentation, buying decorative accessories for it, etc. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

If someone considers the phone itself to be a source of entertainment, then when they start running out of new tweaks to try, they can get bored.
    I get that - It's a new toy. To me it's strictly a tool that I use all day and as I said, to me there's the Note and everything else. The first time I saw somebody with one (a Note 2 or 3) I knew I had to have one. I got one of the 1st Note 4's my local Verizon store got in and it was the 1st phone I really "took to" and customized, put music on, etc.

I'll date myself here and mobile tech certainly went through a decade of unbelievable advancements but the Note was everything and more that I'd ever dreamed a Palm-Pilot could be.
    kevinpleasants and Golurk like this.
    11-19-2019 01:51 AM
    this ^^^
    Thanks for confirming, lol. I thought it was just me and maybe there was some functionality. I'd rather have a flat screen that allows me to use the whole thing. The S-pen won't work on the curved part and the cursor disappears when typing.
    11-19-2019 02:01 AM
    I'm curious about your consistent, all-day use of the S-Pen. How are you using it? I upgraded to a newer Note from a previous Note thinking I would get more use out of the S-Pen now that it has more functions...only to find that I still don't use it much! Other Note owners have shared the same experience. I still like the Note because of the size (and occasional S-Pen use).

As far as iPhone 11 Pro Max versus Note 10, I hear you on wanting to switch it up. I almost got an iPhone but, in the end, stuck with the Note. I find that this Note is so much different than my older Note that I might as well have switched operating systems, though! You could always switch back if you don't like the iPhone. While other users report being bored with iPhone, if you've never had one, you might not be.
    Maybe "all day" is a stretch but I use it a LOT. I'm writing a book right now and as I'm reading/researching I'm constantly taking handwritten notes or copying/pasting into a note along with handwritten details, I make to-do lists, shopping lists, take notes while I'm on a call (which links to the call history automatically), I've taken orders from customers (again, links to the call), am always taking notes during a face to face conversation (could be as simple as a book title or movie or other details that I'd forget), I keep a daily log from time to time of sleep, calories, exercise, etc. I used to carry a small notebook & pen all the time before getting a Note.

But what I've really liked is using it for is sketches of projects along with a material list, sketches of setups for machines, the ability to easily convey information via a sketch, the ability to embed a picture into a note or draw on a picture, draw on a screenshot, add a sketch or note to an email, etc.

I actually came on here tonight to post a S-Pen question. On my Note 4, I could draw a line, circle, etc. freehand, then select it and do a "transform to shape" and it would turn it into a straight line, actual circle, etc. Was super handy for making custom charts & sketches. I'd fully expected the Note 10+ to have even BETTER capabilities but I don't see it AT ALL - I'm sure there's an app I can use, but... I could also create a template on my Note 4 and then just "Savs-As" with a different file name every time I used it and retain the original template for future use and I don't see how to do that on the 10+. I haven't even begun really to maximize the new S-Pen features (have barely fooled w/ the button's potential or gestures) but so far, these are my biggest disappointments and hopefully I'm just missing something.

Hope this helps - You can see why to me, that there's the Note and everything else and why this question baffles me, but I took to the S-Pen like a fish in water.
    11-19-2019 02:35 AM
142 ... 456