Longtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I do understand where you are coming from, I guess that only adds to the confusion though. If you are bored with a Note phone, I can't imagine how quickly one would get bored with an iPhone. IDK. Maybe I'm just old.

Exactly. Somebody's bored with a phone that is renowned for "throwing the kitchen sink" at its owners. Said person then goes and buys an iPhone. That is known for its lack of customisation and blandness ??!! That might make sense.....in THE MATRIX.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the main problem is Android has gotten a little boring. I went from a pixel 2 on android 10 to note on android 9. No discernable differences. Google needs to up their game. P.S Apples game is still more boring

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the main problem is Android has gotten a little boring. I went from a pixel 2 on android 10 to note on android 9. No discernable differences. Google needs to up their game. P.S Apples game is still more boring
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion so I guess my question is, what do you want from Android? What will make it less boring? What do you need from your device that you are not getting?

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Exactly. Somebody's bored with a phone that is renowned for "throwing the kitchen sink" at its owners. Said person then goes and buys an iPhone. That is known for its lack of customisation and blandness ??!! That might make sense.....in THE MATRIX.

Agreed. But if you’re bored of something that has every feature you could think of and more going to an iPhone isn’t a good idea.

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

Hey ! I was in your shoes since the 11 Pro Max came out. A long time Samsung user and before that blackberry fan.

My first iPhone was the 4 and then it was all blackberry, from Z series to Passport, and then S8 Plus, S9 Plus and S10 Plus. I loved my S10 Plus but then I just had to try the 11 Pro Max...which I did...! Give it a shot and see if you like it.

Im happy with the switch !

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

You're bored with the Note and want to jump over to iPhone? The irony.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

LOL Right? I go back to iPhone all the time and I always regret it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After you've used a phone platform for such a long time, I think it's natural to feel a little bored/ready for something new and wanting to change things up a bit. If you are thinking of making the switch, go for it! You'll miss some aspects of Google but Apple does get some nifty benefits. It's all up to you and what you think works for you at the moment!

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have use a Note 10+ and came from 3 years with a Note8. I’m siding an iPhone pro max now. Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing. But if your bored with a phone then maybe you need a 2nd job. Honestly, I can’t even comprehend how that would occur. I know I’m sounding mean but it’s not cooking my dinner or wiping my butt.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The pro max is amazing and never misses a beat and takes the greatest pics you’ll ever see on a phone until at least next year. For only handing 4GB of ram you’ll never know it. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

People like to talk about app drawers and customization. Well in iOS there no reason to change an app drawer. They were created in the 1st place to replace the laggy or less user friendly ones back in the day.

Now on the flip side there’s not real reason to choose an iPhone unless you like quality apps, battery life, speed, reliability, longevity, security, iMessage and FaceTime, and glass creen protectors and a sweet camera (Samsung cameras are garbage vs pixels)

The major standouts between the 2 are software updates,app quality, battery, camera, and minor customization.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
like what? thanks
Well, iMessage is one of the best messaging platforms. And if you use other Apple products, the integration between all of those products is pretty top-notch (like the Apple Watch). The OS is smooth - it just works. And you get the awesome media experience - camera, music, great display for videos.

Now, I'm definitely more of an Android person - I will probably never use Apple products. But, I give credit where credit is due!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

People like to talk about app drawers and customization. Well in iOS there no reason to change an app drawer. They were created in the 1st place to replace the laggy or less user friendly ones back in the day.

Now on the flip side there’s not real reason to choose an iPhone unless you like quality apps, battery life, speed, reliability, longevity, security, iMessage and FaceTime, and glass creen protectors and a sweet camera (Samsung cameras are garbage vs pixels)

The major standouts between the 2 are software updates,app quality, battery, camera, and minor customization.

If you don't know the functionality of having an app drawer and using widgets to get things done fast, I can't educate you either. There's a reason iPad OS evolving with widgets on screen (files app, reading USB devices are other things apple is forced to implement). Curved screen is for aesthetics more than functionality and I have enough screen to play with my Spen. I love the way phone looks when seeing content or videos. Why do iPhones need a notch (ugly) instead of extending that black bar either ways. You didn't even mention that coz you don't even see it since you like that product.

Regarding quality of apps, I use only the main ones and not substandard apps and the difference between android and iOS is not much different now.

I feel note series is a power user device with Spen, big screen, split screen, DeX, secure folder, battery life and customization. IPhone doesn't even deserve pro in its name with any difference between 11 and previous years. Camera doesn't alone make a device pro and if it the case all the pixels are pros.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't know the functionality of having an app drawer and using widgets to get things done fast, I can't educate you either. There's a reason iPad OS evolving with widgets on screen (files app, reading USB devices are other things apple is forced to implement). Curved screen is for aesthetics more than functionality and I have enough screen to play with my Spen. I love the way phone looks when seeing content or videos. Why do iPhones need a notch (ugly) instead of extending that black bar either ways. You didn't even mention that coz you don't even see it since you like that product.

Regarding quality of apps, I use only the main ones and not substandard apps and the difference between android and iOS is not much different now.

I feel note series is a power user device with Spen, big screen, split screen, DeX, secure folder, battery life and customization. IPhone doesn't even deserve pro in its name with any difference between 11 and previous years. Camera doesn't alone make a device pro and if it the case all the pixels are pros.

What makes you think I like my iPhone anymore that my note?

No I didn’t mention the notch bc quite frankly it’s not something that has really bothered me. The only time it ever gets in the way is if I full screen a video and when that happens I’m already cropping off the top and bottom.

I never really used widgets but I also didn’t put them in my list as not everyone will use them and I’m not going to add misinformation if I was wrong. I probably should use them more. Only one I used was the weather widget and even then any of them I tried were bugged out and never refreshed. As for the app drawer I just swipe down and get a list of apps. Although I have recently seen the Microsoft app drawer and am curious about it.

I do agree with your last paragraph.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I have use a Note 10+ and came from 3 years with a Note8. I’m siding an iPhone pro max now. Screen is amazing, battery life is amazing. But if your bored with a phone then maybe you need a 2nd job. Honestly, I can’t even comprehend how that would occur. I know I’m sounding mean but it’s not cooking my dinner or wiping my butt.

I wasn’t impressed with a note 10+ but I’m still thinking about switching back to one. The pro max is amazing and never misses a beat and takes the greatest pics you’ll ever see on a phone until at least next year. For only handing 4GB of ram you’ll never know it. The screen on notes is nice but it needs to be flat. The curve is nothing more then a look and does nothing for usability, maybe even reducing usability. The only thing really going for the note 10+ is a slightly bigger screen, a pen (if you ever use it), and google assistant (even thought Siri is better in some ways and worse in other and there’s an app if you must) and Samsung pay.

You had the note8 three years ago? It came out only two years ago in 2017.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone is not boring if you have only owned an Android. In the beginning it's not boring. It takes a week or so then it becomes boring. iPhones instant on all the time. Remember when it took a couple of minutes to boot up an Android. Rooting and then crossing your fingers when you boot it up that you didn't brick it. Ah the good ole days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11