Longtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Agreed. Having see photo comparisons the difference (if any) is minimal. In terms of speed both are equal, despite Apple sheep and marketing trying to convince you that Apple CPUs are the best in the world and benchmarks blah blah blah.

In terms of display I prefer the slightly more saturated colours of Samsung displays to the more muted ones of the iPhone but it comes down to personal preference.

However if you really want a phone that has everything including the kitchen sink and excels at multitasking, note taking etc then the Note 10+ is the one to get (S Pen and Android is way better at multitasking in my experience).

The iPhone 11 Pro is an excellent device as well but falls short in a couple of areas (but also is better in others)

Why all of the name calling? You don't like that some choose the iphone?

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Why all of the name calling? You don't like that some choose the iphone?

Name calling? I haven’t insulted anybody on this thread, nor have I said that the Note 10+ beats the 11 Pro in every area or that the iPhone 11 Pro is a bad device.

Idk what you’re talking about...just voicing my opinion. I don’t see why anybody should be offended.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Name calling? I haven’t insulted anybody on this thread, nor have I said that the Note 10+ beats the 11 Pro in every area or that the iPhone 11 Pro is a bad device.

Idk what you’re talking about...just voicing my opinion. I don’t see why anybody should be offended.

You literally said Apple Sheep...

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site

Yes. Referring to people as apple sheep is derogatory . Just like calling people android sheep , etc. In the end we all like technology that works for us and it may be different than what someone else likes.

I use both my Note10+ and my iPhone X. Good smartphones but I use then for different things.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I didn’t call anybody on this thread an Apple sheep. It is a derogatory term, but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Plenty of people on this forum have used the term without any issues being raised. No need to be overly sensitive. As far as I’m aware I’m not breaking any rules.

Geez

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I didn’t call anybody on this thread an Apple sheep. It is a derogatory term, but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Plenty of people on this forum have used the term without any issues being raised. No need to be overly sensitive. As far as I’m aware I’m not breaking any rules.

Geez

Totally agree. We are on android forum. We have the rights to have little fun. 😁

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
How about this. We on this android forum show better manners.

No need to argue about this...you’re making a mountain out of a mole hill. I’ll make sure to try and not say anything ‘offensive’ if you’re on the thread (it wasn’t intended to be or is offensive, but since you’re getting really triggered over it I’ll make an effort).

Sometimes, we have to be realistic. We’ve already wasted too much time arguing about something that really shouldn’t be an issue...people don’t want to join this thread and see an argument over something so minor.

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think for a lot of people (including me) phones in general have gotten boring. There's not much new to discover, no new killer apps, features or something like that. Switching to iOS is a very temporary solution though, as it's different enough for a bit, but then it gets even more boring...

Other than the frustrating FPS on my Note 10+, it's basically same as my old Note 9. Screen is a bit bigger, and noticeably enough that I'm keeping it, but really, in day-to-day operations, I've had the basically same phone in my pocket since Note 8 (except for battery life of course).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think for a lot of people (including me) phones in general have gotten boring. There's not much new to discover, no new killer apps, features or something like that. Switching to iOS is a very temporary solution though, as it's different enough for a bit, but then it gets even more boring...

Other than the frustrating FPS on my Note 10+, it's basically same as my old Note 9. Screen is a bit bigger, and noticeably enough that I'm keeping it, but really, in day-to-day operations, I've had the basically same phone in my pocket since Note 8 (except for battery life of course).
I agree - phones are definitely becoming a bit harder to choose between because they are all so similar. Of course, you can buy a phone from a different manufacturer and try out their skin and see if you like it - and then go for things like bigger screen size, fingerprint scanner location, etc.- but at the end of the day, phones are often comparable and it's worth waiting for a while before getting a new one.

Of course, when you're a phone addict like me and need to change things up every 14-18 months... That's another story.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
For all the criticism of phones like the Note 10 (+) and P30 (Pro), especially the former, they sound like the ideal devices for me...they have all the features possible and then throw in the kitchen sink. As somebody who likes exploring the cool features of a device I could never get bored with something like the Note 10+...of course I’ll probably end up disagreeing with myself 6 -12 months later if I bought it lol

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For all the criticism of phones like the Note 10 (+) and P30 (Pro), especially the former, they sound like the ideal devices for me...they have all the features possible and then throw in the kitchen sink. As somebody who likes exploring the cool features of a device I could never get bored with something like the Note 10+...of course I’ll probably end up disagreeing with myself 6 -12 months later if I bought it lol

While I generally agree, the problem is when these features are half-baked. Unlocking the phone for example - facial recognition is completely insecure and not suitable for financial transactions, fingerprint scanner (assuming they can actually fix the current little fiasco with the screen protectors) is cumbersome and not reliable enough. I just got an iPad Pro 12.9, and I have to admit, Face ID just works. I'd be happy with the Note 9 fingerprint scanner though, that worked fine too...

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
While I generally agree, the problem is when these features are half-baked. Unlocking the phone for example - facial recognition is completely insecure and not suitable for financial transactions, fingerprint scanner (assuming they can actually fix the current little fiasco with the screen protectors) is cumbersome and not reliable enough. I just got an iPad Pro 12.9, and I have to admit, Face ID just works. I'd be happy with the Note 9 fingerprint scanner though, that worked fine too...

Agree. But if you look at the same Samsung documentation on the fix it says something like the textured surface of a folding case may unlock the phone.... WTF?? Are you serious Samsung??

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree. But if you look at the same Samsung documentation on the fix it says something like the textured surface of a folding case may unlock the phone.... WTF?? Are you serious Samsung??

this falls under the category "just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should", as so many of Samsung's ideas do.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

True. Hopefully they will fix that. On the other hand you have Apple and Google, where features that people want are not included at all (or in Google’s case they just get the battery life wrong).

:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet