Longtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone

onlybuilt1906

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For me would be everything you listed and the aesthetics. I know some don't agree, but I find the infinity display very sexy, and the phone overall. An iPhone is just...flat (like, literally). And at least in MY case, once you don't have virtually any bezels around the screen, the ones around the screen of the iPhone look huge (I know, they're not, but they look that way when you're not used to seeing them).

And the biggest feature that I would miss (no, not the pen, I have that on the tablet and is more comfortable to write on that size) is definitely Samsung Pay. Sure, NFC terminals are gaining traction, but they're not as ubiquitous as magnetic ones.

If you're not gonna use iMessage, you pretty much lose out on half the iPhone fun...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Apple phones are 100 times more boring. ZERO customization. Good OS, but apple is not where you want to run to if you are board hehehe

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

Bro best of luck with apple...boring OS and very limited...iam sure in no time u will be back to android... Note 10 + is a beast of a phone...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My work phone is an iphone. I don't like to use it much so I sometimes take the SIM and put in a different device and use the iPhone to check company email through wifi or using the phones hotspot. With Verizon messages synched between the two I can use either device to make and answer calls.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

My last iPhone was an XS... Used it for less than a week and sold it... Why? I get bored easily... IOS is mostly same eco system different hardware... But thats for me personally....

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
You should buy one. I go back and forth. Mostly because the big iPhones had better battery life. Till now. But you should experience one just to get outta the Android rut. You will get bored of it though in the long term faster than Androids because there is no customization.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use both iOS and Android. I like iOS, and think the 11 Pro Max looks like a great phone. Good luck if you decide to try it out.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
That is funny because I went from the iPhone 11 Pro to the Note 10+ because I was bored with iPhone. So glad I made the switch and do not regret it one bit!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
The only way you going to get away from bored is carry both phones." I always come back to the Note for daily..Don't sell the Note

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have both as well. The battery life is the best on the Max Pro. It’s a great device but like others say you’ll definitely get bored with it once you get everything all setup. But who knows you may like it and stick with it for a while. It’s all up to you. The beauty of the tech world is that we have options. Just try not to get sucked into the Apple ecosystem too much that it’ll difficult to move back and forth. I stick with pretty much all google services that way it’s cross compatible. Or use services like Spotify, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. Something other than Apple or you’ll be stuck.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I own both Android and Apple phones but I mostly use Android. Making the switch to Apple will take some getting used to if you've been only with Android. You'll miss some features for sure. I think that both are great and once you get used to it, you'll see what you miss/don't miss and in turn see if you want to stick with Apple or not.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I’m currently using an iPhone 11 Pro. Came over from an S8+. iPhones are boring as well but super reliable. I grew tired of customizing & all the above etc. so if you want a device that works without having to babysit then I’d say go for it. If you want to stick w the customizations etc. I’d say look at maybe 1+ or even the pixel line.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Since you said you never had an iPhone, I think you should try it to know it. I own both an iPhone X and a Note 10+ and, if I like both a lot, I dropped iPhone for the Note 10+ because... I grew bored with iOS. But I still uses it a lot, since I still think it's the most reliable OS.

As people said, best solution is to carry both, and then decides which one fits your needs better.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

You don't want no iPhone. That's it

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a pixel 3xl to an iPhone 11 two weeks ago and I'm already back on the pixel. If you're going to use ios, you should be using iMessage and an apple watch. They're both amazing. Other than that, I found Android's usability to be vastly superior to iOS.

I didn't like the keyboard or the iOS version of gboard. Siri was sometimes frustratingly worse than Assistant. Notifications are imo a dumpster fire compared to Android. I missed picture in picture on apps like gmaps and YouTube, and the ui in general was just less convenient. Without a universal back button, i hated having to constantly reach to the top of the screen in apps to go back, or figure out where the back button would actually be from app to app. I still the the camera on my pixel produced better photos than the 11 too.

Ios performance is great though, and must of the apps i use were objectively better on iOS. There are definitely things I'll miss about the 11, but I'm pretty happy to be back on the 3xl. I really, really would like an apple watch competitor on Android though.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
You are with Samsung's android most of the time like me. You should try pixel series to get wowed instead of iOS. I had pixel 2xl for a short time to try when I had note 8 and was really impressed. I almost left my note 8 for months before returning ( only for spen which i use most at work). My dream phone would be pixel with pen. I have an iPad (for my kid) and can't even stand it for 30 mins and so never thought of trying iPhone ever. My tab is tab S4 which is awesome.

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8....Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

I don't mean this to be critical but I'm curious. To me, because of the S-pen, there's the Note series and everything else. I live on my phone all day - Work, research, writing, sketching, phone calls, texting, email, social media, hobbies, pictures, banking, shopping, selling stuff on e-Bay, projects, news, entertainment, music, etc. About the only thing I don't do is play any games on it. I'm hardly ever on my desktop, tablet, or laptop anymore and haven't been for a quite a while.

I use my S-Pen all the time and for a variety of functions. I'm looking forward to seeing what this version can do as I came from a Note 4. Lots of other little things I'm discovering every day about my Note 10+ & new S-Pen as I've only had it for less than 2 weeks - It's taking some getting used to and there are still a few things I miss from my Note 4 but I love this phone more and more every day. I probabaly haven't come close to using it to its maximum potential and efficiency but overall cannot imagine what else I would want it to be able to do.

Because of the S-Pen, it's not even a question what phone I have, just which Note version but if it weren't for the S-Pen, then sure I'd like to have the largest, clearest display and a fast processor with lots of RAM but other than that, and maybe I'm the one missing something, but I don't know that it would much matter what manufacturer or operating system it was. I've seen this argument between having a Note vs. XYZ for years and I don't get it but to me there's the Note and everything else.

1) If you wouldn't miss and/or don't use the S-Pen, why get a Note in the 1st place?

2) I'm curious what you mean by bored? What do you want it to do or maybe more to the point, what doesn't it do that would make it less boring and what do you think an IPhone is going to do to cure that boredom?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey