10-15-2019 07:31 PM
55 123
tools
    Thank you. This should be stock. The only reason I kept AOD on all the time was for notifications. I listed the direct link below as aodnotify is not the exact title, shows as a different name. Works good so far, I'll give it my 24 hour test before buying it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lwaysondisplay
    You will love it. Works perfectly for me. Been using it for 2 weeks. And agree, this option of AOD turning on and staying on only when there are notifications we care about should be stock.
    10-12-2019 08:04 PM
    You will love it. Works perfectly for me. Been using it for 2 weeks. And agree, this option of AOD turning on and staying on only when there are notifications we care about should be stock.
    It's working great. I bought it already.
    10-12-2019 08:45 PM
    On Samsung phones , I think it's not a issue to worry about , they know screens and how to prevent burn in out of any phones .
    But i remembered seeing a thread of a user complaining about burn in...
    10-12-2019 10:24 PM
    First question I have is, was it a third party app. Such as Google maps left on for a long time.
    10-12-2019 10:39 PM
    First question I have is, was it a third party app. Such as Google maps left on for a long time.

I remember the discussion, a quick search of burn-in should pull it up, and while I don't remember what it was that had burned in, I do remember that it was something stock. it was something that shows when the screen is off, etc., if I'm remembering correctly, but it was not a 3rd party app for sure.
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    10-12-2019 10:48 PM
    I remember the discussion, a quick search of burn-in should pull it up, and while I don't remember what it was that had burned in, I do remember that it was something stock. it was something that shows when the screen is off, etc., if I'm remembering correctly, but it was not a 3rd party app for sure.
    If im not mistaken. It was the Charging Notification...
    10-12-2019 10:49 PM
    If im not mistaken. It was a built in app. Charging Notification if i didnt remember wrongly.
    10-12-2019 10:50 PM
    Could be, Samsung internet could do it, calculator, anything that doesn't move a little, just stays lit.

Personally, I've never had a burn in and I leave my AOD on all day. I know someone that does, but he left a third party app on all day all the time.
    10-12-2019 10:53 PM
    If im not mistaken. It was a built in app. Charging Notification if i didnt remember wrongly.
    I kind of remember that now you mention it. Assuming that's why Samsung now has the AOD move. They learn from those issues.
    10-12-2019 10:55 PM
    I kind of remember that now you mention it. Assuming that's why Samsung now has the AOD move. They learn from those issues.
    But the burn in was on a Note 10 device... Thats why i was kinda anti AOD... Just activated it yesterday.... No burn ins so far...
    10-12-2019 10:56 PM
    But the burn in was on a Note 10 device... Thats why i was kinda anti AOD... Just activated it yesterday.... No burn ins so far...
    You're talking about the charging, time left at bottom of screen. I remember that also... My guess that person has the phone charging all the time. Up till today my AOD has been on all day every day and all night while charging and no burn in. I suppose there's always going to be some that can burn in. Samsung must not have that part moving, I don't know I'm no expert by any means. I know the clock area and FPS moves.
    10-12-2019 11:03 PM
    If im not mistaken. It was the Charging Notification...

that's what I thought I remembered but you know...
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    10-12-2019 11:15 PM
    I suppose there's always going to be some that can burn in.
    that's why I don't let that charging info stay on my screen. I never have allowed that to stay while charging on any of my Notes.
    10-12-2019 11:18 PM
    that's why I don't let that charging info stay on my screen. I never have allowed that to stay while charging on any of my Notes.
    I didn't know you could turn that off. I'll have to look for that setting.
    10-12-2019 11:20 PM
    The charging info showed up on the N10 series...wasnt there on the N9/N8/N7... I even made a thread about it... Only way is to disable AOD...
    10-12-2019 11:21 PM
    I didn't know you could turn that off. I'll have to look for that setting.
    If you have AOD on... It will always show... You cant have AOD on but Charging Notification Off...
    10-12-2019 11:22 PM
    The charging info showed up on the N10 series...wasnt there on the N9/N8/N7... I even made a thread about it... Only way is to disable AOD...

I don't use aod and it still wants to show so I disable it.

I'm exhausted and sick so may be remembering wrong about the battery info on the others
    10-12-2019 11:47 PM
    I don't use aod and it still wants to show so I disable it. I had screen info about charging on my notes. my note 8 had it when charging too.

it would wake the screen up too when it stopped charging but I have a fix for that too.
    10-12-2019 11:48 PM
    Who knows what caused it , user neglect or just a bad panel which can happen.
    10-13-2019 04:32 AM
    You're talking about this thread... Which I think was a bs post to scare folks because the OP never replied to anything when we called them out for pics and other questions.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
    10-13-2019 05:52 AM
    You're talking about this thread... Which I think was a bs post to scare folks because the OP never replied to anything when we called them out for pics and other questions.

Ah yes. Hahaha.
    10-13-2019 08:20 AM

That happens
    10-13-2019 09:39 AM
    I really think we can put to rest about anything being static on the AOD screen. Everything that Samsung puts up on the AOD screen moves a little. You don't even have to stare at it very long to see it move. I am surprised that people still have this question after AOD has been around for so long. Even with the new charging info on the AOD screen, it moves. It would be silly for Samsung to design everything to move except that info? lol

The only instance of screen burn-in I've seen on these forums is the one where someone seemed to get it from the navigation bar at the bottom. I think that was the Note 9 or S9 which I am guessing happened because of constant high brightness and using apps that had the navigator bar up constantly for a very very long time?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-13-2019 11:28 AM
    I really think we can put to rest about anything being static on the AOD screen. Everything that Samsung puts up on the AOD screen moves a little. You don't even have to stare at it very long to see it move. I am surprised that people still have this question after AOD has been around for so long. Even with the new charging info on the AOD screen, it moves. It would be silly for Samsung to design everything to move except that info? lol

The only instance of screen burn-in I've seen on these forums is the one where someone seemed to get it from the navigation bar at the bottom. I think that was the Note 9 or S9 which I am guessing happened because of constant high brightness and using apps that had the navigator bar up constantly for a very very long time?
    Well, i paid USD$1200 for my N10+ and i just want to make sure. As burn in IS NOT covered by warranty by Samsung Electronics Indonesia...
    10-13-2019 12:21 PM
    Well, i paid USD$1200 for my N10+ and i just want to make sure. As burn in IS NOT covered by warranty by Samsung Electronics Indonesia...
    Here in the US you have 1 year manufacturers warranty, if you develop burn in that should be covered under a screen defect in that time frame .
    10-13-2019 12:27 PM
55 123