Huge disappointment on Note 10 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I came to the Note 10 + (Unlocked) from a Google Pixel 2 XL and basic functions on this device are not working properly. Wifi calling and also texting are two major issues. I made a video about some of my issues

https://youtu.be/vVw8kP1qS8o

I just put in a pre-order for the Pixel 4 XL 128GB today and will be selling off my Note 10 + due to the major issues with this phone.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
sorry it's not working out for you. clever way to flog your vid and get viewers. I need to remember that for the future.

Thanks. My main purpose for posting the video is so that others are aware of the issues I am having. It's very frustrating to pay $1,100 + for a device and not have basic functions working properly. I mean I have two other devices on the same network (Pixel 2 XL and an iPhone XR) and they work flawlessly. I thought I had 30 days to return the device but I only had 15 and I was just a couple days past that when Samsung denied me on returning it. I just don't want anyone else to go through this.

If you aren't happy with the device make sure you return it before those 15 days are up.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't work properly you must have at least a year warranty.
And shame on you for selling a device that you know there are issues with

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you on where the wi-fi isn't working? Mine has been flawless. Thankfully so as Verizon had an outtage the other day in my area and I was forced to strictly rely on WiFi...

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
If it doesn't work properly you must have at least a year warranty.
And shame on you for selling a device that you know there are issues with

They are software issues. There is nothing I can do about software issues on the device and I can't continue to use the device when it doesn't work this way. It may work better for someone else who is on a different carrier or who wants to flash a carrier firmware to it.

I suspect the device would work better with the T-Mobile firmware on it, but, flashing that will not work for me because I do not have a T-Mobile SIM....my SIM is from Mint Mobile. Flashing the T-Mobile firmware will only work if you have a T-Mobile SIM card and will not work with MVNO SIM.

I don't understand what the problem with Samsung is because the Pixel and the iPhone can pickup that it is using the T-Mobile network and all the T-Mobile features work on their unlocked devices. I imagine Samsung will eventually get around to pushing software updates that make these features work more reliably for an MVNO but I am not able to wait around for software updates....I need a phone that works and is reliable for me on the daily. In heinsight I would have been much better off just to hang onto my Pixel 2 XL but it's too late to cry over spilled milk at this point.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
What carrier are you on where the wi-fi isn't working? Mine has been flawless. Thankfully so as Verizon had an outtage the other day in my area and I was forced to strictly rely on WiFi...

I have Mint Mobile which is an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network. Is your device the Verizon branded or unlocked?

As I said above I suspect these devices will work much better with one of the big four carriers ...but it just isn't working out for me with an MVNO. I was talking with someone who has a regular Note 10 with T-Mobile firmware on the T-Mobile network with a T-Mobile SIM and his device seems to work as I would expect my device to work.

There are other things I don't like about the phone as well such as the curved edges causing accidental touch and slow software updates but those things weren't really deal breakers for me like the WiFi calling and the texting. I have literally tried everything such as different APN settings and I have worked with Samsung support on numerous occasions. Samsung either stops responding to my feedback and in one case they told me it was a carrier issue. Then Mint Mobile tells me they don't support WiFi calling on the Note 10...but the worst part about it is that Mint is selling the Note 10 devices on it's store and those folks probably have no idea the device doesn't play well with Mint.

I read through many many discussions about Samsung devices and the Note 10 and there appear to be a lot of people having issues and honestly I just don't want to deal with all these issues. I would rather have a device that just works and does what I need it to do.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I think you all need to take his video with a grain of salt. This video was made up of nothing but screen shots and it seems to be severely cherry picked. There is not actual video of the device malfunctioning. This is nothing more than a hit piece.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I think you all need to take his video with a grain of salt. This video was made up of nothing but screen shots and it seems to be severely cherry picked. There is not actual video of the device malfunctioning. This is nothing more than a hit piece.

Take it however you want to take it. As I explained the problems are random and I don't have the time to screen record for hours waiting for a malfunction. I also have personal information on the device which I do not wish to share with the public. My intent is to warn others of the problems I have experienced so that they can make an informed decision. Based on my experience with the device, Samsung support, and my research I would not purchase this device. If someone else has a device that works for them great but to me these are basic functions that other manufacturers such as Google and Apple have taken the time to test and validate. Someone coming from an iPhone or Pixel device like I did may expect the unlocked version of this device to work like the above products do....and if they expect that they will be disappointed...unless of course they are running carrier firmware and a SIM from one of the major carriers.

Make of it what you will. It is a truthful account of my experience with a very expensive device that I expected to perform similar to an Apple or Google device and in my case it does not perform. Purchasing this device was a mistake.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an unlocked note 10 plus since launch on Tmobile and don't have any of those issues. Mint mobile is your problem IMO get a post paid carrier and you will see the difference. MVNO's don't get the same service as the main carrier give to their post paid customers. I have used mint Mobil for a few months on a second line and I saw the differences between the two. As far as the Note 10 goes it's the best , fastest device I have owned to date it even beats the iPhone 11 pro max which I also own. I would put my money on the note before any other device out there.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
It is a truthful account of my experience with a very expensive device that I expected to perform similar to an Apple or Google device and in my case it does not perform. Purchasing this device was a mistake.

you got to be able to know how to use the phone and know the carrier limitations in order to get the best experience. I personally would never post a video that showed my limitations.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
you got to be able to know how to use the phone and know the carrier limitations in order to get the best experience. I personally would never post a video that showed my limitations.

Carrier limitations are not the issue here. Is is limitations of the device. All the features that I speak about work perfectly fine on the Apple and Google devices ...but then....when I try to use the Samsung device things do not work. That is a limitation of the device and not the carrier.

As far as my limitations I really don't understand what you are talking about. I mean we all have our limitations, but I know enough about what I am doing to be able to deduce that this is a device problem and not a carrier problem.

I expect devices to work. If you know how to get the best experience with it more power to you. For me, I am happy with Mint Mobile service and it has worked out well on the four lines that I have with them. My choice is to go with a device that works with the carrier I already have as my other devices do. To each his/her own.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I came to the Note 10 + (Unlocked) from a Google Pixel 2 XL and basic functions on this device are not working properly. Wifi calling and also texting are two major issues. I made a video about some of my issues

I just put in a pre-order for the Pixel 4 XL 128GB today and will be selling off my Note 10 + due to the major issues with this phone.

This Video is all wrong telling people DO NOT BUY the Note10 Plus will not fix the issue you have , Since no one has theses type of issues, So (Do Not Buy) is not a good thing why would you even say that just because it doesn't work for you only, Just saying , and no one will even go for this , people are gonna buy the Number 1 Phone , There's no other Android Phone that will ever be better than the Note Series, Just had to say it , So next time you make a video stop adding lies, just cause it didn't work for you does not mean that it won't work for others which it does work for everyone , so the DO NOT BUY is false Advertising.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

What a click bait vid..
I have 3 Note 10+'s and they work flawlessly.
Enjoy your downgrade to the iPixel.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm happy for the folks who are happy with their device. You have made up your mind and there is nothing wrong with that. I'll let you all know how the "Pixel downgrade" goes.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What a click bait vid..
I have 3 Note 10+'s and they work flawlessly.
Enjoy your downgrade to the iPixel.

Definitely a downgrade lol. but his choice. If that's what makes him happy then all good for him, we here will still enjoy the number one phone Note10+

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Buying a unlocked device and expecting wifi calling to work is a bad choice. Because it's known with some carriers wifi calling is not supported on unlocked devices. Not sure about tmobile, but AT&T doesn't allow it and neither do they allow hd calling. You have to get the branded carrier model.

Wifi calling works fine, it is a user issue or carrier not a device issue period.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I also have personal information on the device which I do not wish to share with the public......

......My intent is to warn others of the problems I have experienced so that they can make an informed decision.

But here I am sharing my video with the public.

But I titled the video "DO NOT BUY THE GALAXY NOTE 10" so I could push my agenda on people and force their decision.

Enjoy your pixel and don't bother reporting back, not to be rude, but we just don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance