Huge disappointment on Note 10 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked note 10 plus since launch on Tmobile and don't have any of those issues. Mint mobile is your problem IMO get a post paid carrier and you will see the difference. MVNO's don't get the same service as the main carrier give to their post paid customers. I have used mint Mobil for a few months on a second line and I saw the differences between the two. As far as the Note 10 goes it's the best , fastest device I have owned to date it even beats the iPhone 11 pro max which I also own. I would put my money on the note before any other device out there.
I have an unlocked Note 10+ on TMobile and don't have any problems what so ever. Either it's MINT mobile, or you had an issue with your particular phone but don't blame the entire Note line as a bad phone. They are many satisfied Note owners. As mentioned before you could have used the warranty and maybe swapped for a working one.
It's unfair to post a video telling others to "not buy a note phone" because your phone has problems. Anyone could do that for every piece of gear out there

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have an unlocked Note 10+ on TMobile and don't have any problems what so ever. Either it's MINT mobile, or you had an issue with your particular phone but don't blame the entire Note line as a bad phone. They are many satisfied Note owners. As mentioned before you could have used the warranty and maybe swapped for a working one.
I agree there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Buying a unlocked device and expecting wifi calling to work is a bad choice. Because it's known with some carriers wifi calling is not supported on unlocked devices. Not sure about tmobile, but AT&T doesn't allow it and neither do they allow hd calling. You have to get the branded carrier model.

Wifi calling works fine, it is a user issue or carrier not a device issue period.
True ..

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Buying a unlocked device and expecting wifi calling to work is a bad choice. Because it's known with some carriers wifi calling is not supported on unlocked devices. Not sure about tmobile, but AT&T doesn't allow it and neither do they allow hd calling. You have to get the branded carrier model.

Wifi calling works fine, it is a user issue or carrier not a device issue period.

It half works and half doesn't in my case. When you say unlocked devices Apple and Google would have to be the exception because I can confirm it works on those unlocked devices. WiFi calling is only part of the issue here. Another essential function of the phone which is texting sms and mms do not work properly. I have to reboot the phone over and over again to get it to work. Like I said I have tried changing the APN and have done a factory reset as well and the texting issue still persists.

If the unlocked device a feature limited then why isn't this advertised? Why even offer the unlocked version of the device in the first place? Why are the features there, work sometimes, and other times don't work? I understand where you are coming from but it shouldn't be this way IMO.

I am not going to continue to argue my point. I have removed the video so now this is just a single complaint on this board about my experience. Like I said before take it as you will. If you buy a Note 10 or not is inconsequential to me. There are a lot of folks who apparently enjoy their devices and to that I say good for you.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
But here I am sharing my video with the public.

But I titled the video "DO NOT BUY THE GALAXY NOTE 10" so I could push my agenda on people and force their decision.

Enjoy your pixel and don't bother reporting back, not to be rude, but we just don't care.

That is not my intent. My intent was to warn people that the device may not work as they expect it to. As I said in my previous post I have removed the video.

As for your last sentence I think I knew that already by your responses.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Just curious. You posted this 23 days ago and knew the answer but then you blamed the phone? It's the carrier. Lol.

https://community.mintmobile.com/mint-features-18/wifi-calling-not-working-on-on-galaxy-note-10-1914

9ab8b1904dc41acae6779c676f895f26.jpg

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Just curious. You posted this 23 days ago and knew the answer but then you blamed the phone? It's the carrier. Lol.

https://community.mintmobile.com/mint-features-18/wifi-calling-not-working-on-on-galaxy-note-10-1914

9ab8b1904dc41acae6779c676f895f26.jpg

it is good that you bring that up. This is mis-information actually. WiFi calling is supported by T-Mobile and that has been confirmed by others in and out of this thread. That is the problem there is so much mis-information out there and contacting Samsung and the carrier only furthers the confusion. I am done folks this isn't going anywhere productive. I had a bad experience and I am done...so it is what it is.

It's good to know at least that there are a good number of people who are happy with their purchase.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Actually it's not supported by mint Mobile on the note 10.and neither is text. You bought a device before checking with mint to see if it was supported by them yet. They will eventually support it like their other devices but not right now .. like we said it isn't the device. It's your carrier.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it is good that you bring that up. This is mis-information actually. WiFi calling is supported by T-Mobile and that has been confirmed by others in and out of this thread. That is the problem there is so much mis-information out there and contacting Samsung and the carrier only furthers the confusion. I am done folks this isn't going anywhere productive. I had a bad experience and I am done...so it is what it is.

It's good to know at least that there are a good number of people who are happy with their purchase.
Definitely not good to have a bad experience with a device , but you make a thread on this you know your going to get mixed feelings from members , some you'll like and others not . Best thing is move on and enjoy your new phone. Hopefully might return to Samsung down the road with better experience.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Since your video can't be played and you said that you are done here I think there's no much point keeping this thread running. Good luck with your new phone.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad