What Is The Best Note 10+ Protective Case You'd Recommend?

CemicSuns

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
This subject has been tossed around for months, and I know many people have been looking to invest in a good protective case for the Note 10+ to be reliable, but I wanted to ask upfront.

I'm planning on investing in a Note 10+ around the holidays, and I want to invest in a protective case that's going to be heavy-duty and reliable. I'm not asking for the perfect case; I'm looking for something with durability and utility that can last for several years.

I've researched several cases in question.

A. Subcase Beetle Pro
https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Designed-Full-Body-Kickstand-Protector/dp/B07TR4N14N/ref=pd_cp_107_1/143-4836337-5670337?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07TR4N14N&pd_rd_r=8edc46cf-29be-49d2-97fd-7b9f34e76f91&pd_rd_w=KMzAr&pd_rd_wg=PvWnh&pf_rd_p=0e5324e1-c848-4872-bbd5-5be6baedf80e&pf_rd_r=KQFPVR9F3Y9FX68184AD&psc=1&refRID=KQFPVR9F3Y9FX68184AD

I've seen reviews on Amazon where customers have criticized how the plastic front of the case broke after 1 fall, and others said the plastic is rather flimsy...

B. Youmaker Case w/Built-in Screen Protector
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WR822CH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1B54HAOCL5RIP&psc=1

I've heard criticism about cases with built-in screen protectors offering difficulty in the form of sensitivity issues and problems with the fingerprint scanner not working effectively. I've also seen reviews mentioning one would need to acquire a new case if you had to take the phone out as it's nearly impossible to replace the case.

C. Armadillotek Vanguard
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSCCSKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3FEZH66XIKV5G&psc=1

I've heard high praise for this particular case as it's very durable and cheaper than Otterbox cases. Though 1 thing concerns me: Is it possible a tempered glass screen protector could fit this case (removing the film protector Samsung preinstalls beforehand)?

I've also heard criticism that the case covers up the side buttons and makes it difficult to access them reliably.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible a tempered glass screen protector could fit this case (removing the film protector Samsung preinstalls beforehand)?
Remember, a glass screen protector serves only TWO purposes - it can be replaced if it gets scratched or rubbed, and if the screen breaks (or both the screen and protector break), it keeps the screen from breaking into sharp shards that can slice your fingers. It does not keep either the protector or the screen from breaking. The protector Samsung puts on does the same thing.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Remember, a glass screen protector serves only TWO purposes - it can be replaced if it gets scratched or rubbed, and if the screen breaks (or both the screen and protector break), it keeps the screen from breaking into sharp shards that can slice your fingers. It does not keep either the protector or the screen from breaking. The protector Samsung puts on does the same thing.

The 2nd this and will add that the notes seem pretty durable devices. I had a note 8 and but the concrete garage floor the 1 time I didn’t have a case. It got a minor scratch on the back. I wasn’t bother but surprised it didn’t shatter. I never used glass screen protector on the notes bc of the curved screen. Film ones have done just fine for me and they are cheaper.

I used a speck case for everyday use and when I went on vacation I alway used at otter box defender. I definitely use the defender while at the beach as it keeps sand out of the holes. I will alway have 2 cases for phones. One every day case and a otter box defender.

I will also add that a glass screen protector will decrease the chance of your screen breaking.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The 2nd this and will add that the notes seem pretty durable devices. I had a note 8 and but the concrete garage floor the 1 time I didn’t have a case. It got a minor scratch on the back. I wasn’t bother but surprised it didn’t shatter. I never used glass screen protector on the notes bc of the curved screen. Film ones have done just fine for me and they are cheaper.

I used a speck case for everyday use and when I went on vacation I alway used at otter box defender. I definitely use the defender while at the beach as it keeps sand out of the holes. I will alway have 2 cases for phones. One every day case and a otter box defender.

I will also add that a glass screen protector will decrease the chance of your screen breaking.

A glass screen protector will not decrease the chance of the screen breaking unless you installed the glass screen protector with 100% precision...

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
A glass screen protector will not decrease the chance of the screen breaking unless you installed the glass screen protector with 100% precision...

I just don’t believe that at all. Unless it lands perfectly or has a severe fall, the glass will protect it.
I know many people who break phone screens all the time. I tell them to get the glass and they never break them again.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just don’t believe that at all. Unless it lands perfectly or has a severe fall, the glass will protect it.
I know many people who break phone screens all the time. I tell them to get the glass and they never break them again.

flat screen phones yes.curved screen phones are a bit more complicated -_-

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Armadillotek is junk. Stay away. It fits loosely on the phone and moves around. Feels very cheap too.

UAG is one of the best and I enjoy mine.

This subject has been tossed around for months, and I know many people have been looking to invest in a good protective case for the Note 10+ to be reliable, but I wanted to ask upfront.

I'm planning on investing in a Note 10+ around the holidays, and I want to invest in a protective case that's going to be heavy-duty and reliable. I'm not asking for the perfect case; I'm looking for something with durability and utility that can last for several years.

I've researched several cases in question.

A. Subcase Beetle Pro
https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Desi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6672560

I've seen reviews on Amazon where customers have criticized how the plastic front of the case broke after 1 fall, and others said the plastic is rather flimsy...

B. Youmaker Case w/Built-in Screen Protector
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6672560

I've heard criticism about cases with built-in screen protectors offering difficulty in the form of sensitivity issues and problems with the fingerprint scanner not working effectively. I've also seen reviews mentioning one would need to acquire a new case if you had to take the phone out as it's nearly impossible to replace the case.

C. Armadillotek Vanguard
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6672560

I've heard high praise for this particular case as it's very durable and cheaper than Otterbox cases. Though 1 thing concerns me: Is it possible a tempered glass screen protector could fit this case (removing the film protector Samsung preinstalls beforehand)?

I've also heard criticism that the case covers up the side buttons and makes it difficult to access them reliably.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Armadillotek is junk. Stay away. It fits loosely on the phone and moves around. Feels very cheap too.

UAG is one of the best and I enjoy mine.

I think the Supcase Unicorn Beetle is better than Armadillo on these phones after using it more. Also feels nicer in the hands.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is quite good. Excellent at keeping dust/dirt out too.

Attachments

• P_20191022_131741.jpg
    P_20191022_131741.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 46
  • P_20191022_131726.jpg
    P_20191022_131726.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 44

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for true protection OtterBox Defender Pro or the SUP beetle case Pro. Both offer excellent protection the only difference is kickstand the OtterBox doesn't have a kickstand

CemicSuns

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied to this inquiry...
Ultimately, I think I might go with the Otterbox Defender/Defender Pro.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...61032%23tabbed-customerreviews&token=KfZjcxw7

Many have speculated this form of Otterbox is probably the holy grail of protective cases for the Note 10+. While it does cost a pretty penny, it offers rugged defense to safeguard the smartphone from most damage taken from drops, and I am a bit of a klutz and tend to drop my phone on accident. Plus, from what I've heard from reviews about Armadillotek is that the side buttons aren't aligned well with the case which leaves people fumbling to hit the power and volume buttons, and from what I've heard, the Otterbox has those side buttons aligned correctly.

--Though it's ironic how there's bad reviews on Amazon for the Defender case strictly because people didn't like it lacks a screen protector. I mean, the Amazon listing explicitly says its Screenless, so I don't see why 2 + 2 didn't click for some.

I've also posted another forum question asking what might be the best screen protectors (glass or film) I should use for the Note 10+ with the Otterbox Defender Pro.
Here's the link to that post: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...terbox-defender-defender-pro.html#post6676290
I'm going to have to use something stronger than the preinstalled film, and WhiteStone has a lot of negative reviews + most said it doesn't work well with Otterbox Defender Pro.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante