Flashing with odin not working

voldoverse

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Good day all, i hope you can help me with my problem

I got a note 10+ and it has terrible vodacom carrier firmware on it (XFV) ive downloaded XFA and XFE in an attempt to get it with simple standard samsung firmware.

The problem is that i load it with odin and according to odin all goes well and reports pass, but when the phone restarts it goes to the blue android installing sytem updates screen, then it says erasing and then the phone restarts again and sure enough there it is again... that damned vodacom splash screen.

When i go into odin on the phone it also still reports XFV, am i missing something obvious?

voldoverse

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
Try going in recovery do factory reset.

hi, thanks for the prompt response, i have already tried doing factory reset and even cache wipe but still when i boot that thing up, there is that vile vodacom spash screen and sure enough under software information still there it is XFV, just for reference ive tried doing this without a sim and with a sim from another carrier that is not vodacom obviously.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hi, thanks for the prompt response, i have already tried doing factory reset and even cache wipe but still when i boot that thing up, there is that vile vodacom spash screen and sure enough under software information still there it is XFV, just for reference ive tried doing this without a sim and with a sim from another carrier that is not vodacom obviously.
Sim wont matter until phone boots up and recognize it.

You extract the firmware and put them in all 4 slots in Odin?
Your welcome!

voldoverse

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Yep, exactly as all guides indicate, each of them in their matching boxes and NOT using the home csc.

its as if my phone takes it and decided not to install it or something

i have even tried using completely different ones from different countries, my security patch date changes in the information menu but csc stays and splash screen with voda bloatware remains

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, exactly as all guides indicate, each of them in their matching boxes and NOT using the home csc.

its as if my phone takes it and decided not to install it or something
Yeah not using home CSC just wipes the phone like factory reset .

Where did u get the files from?

voldoverse

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Ok which is a reputable place.
Now if you have multiple files on your computer before you load them to Odin slots make sure u grab the correct files and not your stock ones

I only have the correct XFA stock files downloaded from sammobile, dont have any XFV files on my PC , so im 100% sure its the correct ones im loading in, just to be sure i quadruple checked now and started another flash, but still the same result, here are the names of the files im using

AP_N975FXXU1ASHE_CL16618471_QB25719660_REV01_user_low_ship_meta_OS9.tar.md5
BL_N975FXXU1ASHE_CL16618471_QB25719660_REV01_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CP_N975FXXU1ASHE_CP13719276_CL16618471_QB25719660_REV01_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC_OMC_OXM_N975FOXM1ASHE_CL16618471_QB25719660_REV01_user_low_ship.tar.md5

voldoverse

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Ok which is a reputable place.
Now if you have multiple files on your computer before you load them to Odin slots make sure u grab the correct files and not your stock ones

I will even give you teamviewer access to my pc to see if you can see any issues, if that will help?