I'm so appreciative of the Note 10+ now that I don't have it

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought a pre-owned S7 to use while my Note 10+ is having a new motherboard installed at Samsung and it's painful to use. I didn't realize how lightening fast the 10+, especially compared to this snail of a phone. The quick charging, downloading speed, app opening, are all so appreciated now. Can't wait until it's returned to me.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
New motherboard? Wow what happened?

I had S7 Edge years back. Lag hell and couldn't wait to get rid of it.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
New motherboard? Wow what happened?

I had S7 Edge years back. Lag hell and couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I was looking for a cheap option to get me through but it's optimal. As to my Note, there's a hardware glitch where the display goes black and nonresponsive during a phone call. YouBreakIFix ruled out the proximity sensor and the LCD and narrowed it down to the motherboard, which only can be repaired/replaced by Samsung. So, it's packed up for shipping tomorrow. Hope they have a quick turnaround.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I was looking for a cheap option to get me through but it's optimal. As to my Note, there's a hardware glitch where the display goes black and nonresponsive during a phone call. YouBreakIFix ruled out the proximity sensor and the LCD and narrowed it down to the motherboard, which only can be repaired/replaced by Samsung. So, it's packed up for shipping tomorrow. Hope they have a quick turnaround.
Good luck. I shattered my Note 9 screen just few weeks after I got it last year. Samsung did an amazing job getting the phone looking like BRAND NEW. they did an excellent job.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Good luck. I shattered my Note 9 screen just few weeks after I got it last year. Samsung did an amazing job getting the phone looking like BRAND NEW. they did an excellent job.

That's really good to hear. How long was the turn around for you to get your phone?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That's really good to hear. How long was the turn around for you to get your phone?
Shipping is what takes the longest. 2 days there and 2 days back. I think it was fixed in about couple days. So about week and a half and had the phone back in my position.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't this just be a straight warranty replacement instead of a repair?

That's a really good question. From what they tell me they have to try to repair it first. My concern with a replacement, also, is that it would be a refurb. So, I welcome any advise.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought a pre-owned S7 to use while my Note 10+ is having a new motherboard installed at Samsung and it's painful to use. I didn't realize how lightening fast the 10+, especially compared to this snail of a phone. The quick charging, downloading speed, app opening, are all so appreciated now. Can't wait until it's returned to me.

hi,i remember your thread about the screen going black...didnt suspect the motherboard as its a new phone.well i hope your N10 gets well so you can rock with it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That's a really good question. From what they tell me they have to try to repair it first. My concern with a replacement, also, is that it would be a refurb. So, I welcome any advise.
I would not worry too much. As I said, when they fixed my note 9, I initially thought they gave me a new one lol. Hope they do that type of a job on yours.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What a garbage move. What’s your carrier? Who do you have insurance through? If it was me and I had to send my phone off like that I would be looking at a different manufacturer or carrier. Is this a know hardware issue that is going to be fixed with upcoming builds of the note 10?

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
What a garbage move. What’s your carrier? Who do you have insurance through? If it was me and I had to send my phone off like that I would be looking at a different manufacturer or carrier. Is this a know hardware issue that is going to be fixed with upcoming builds of the note 10?

My carrier is Verizon but I bought an unlocked version from Samsung directly. I'm insured through Samsung. I think what upset me the most was that I had to buy another phone to use while my Note is being repaired. The only thing that insurance is good for is accidental breakage (I've never broken a phone) and coverage out of the warranty period, so if I only keep the phone a year it's useless to me. But that's another issue.

It isn't a known hardware issue. Both the Samsung rep at Best Buy and IBreakYouFix said that they had not seen another phone with this issue. This isn't the fault of Verizon and I certainly don't want to abandon the Note line. So, I'm at their mercy.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought an S7 Edge after the Note 7 debacle. I hated that phone probably more than any other phone I've ever had.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had one S7 Edge Special Olympics Edition... It was astonishing but... Terrible experience as well. Loving my Note10+, my first Samsung try since then...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital