I'm so appreciative of the Note 10+ now that I don't have it

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for a cheap option to get me through but it's optimal. As to my Note, there's a hardware glitch where the display goes black and nonresponsive during a phone call. YouBreakIFix ruled out the proximity sensor and the LCD and narrowed it down to the motherboard, which only can be repaired/replaced by Samsung. So, it's packed up for shipping tomorrow. Hope they have a quick turnaround.

Becarful regarding the water resistance once you get it back. Co-worker had the screeen replaced on his S9+ and he dropped it in a pool and the display was messed up after that. He was later told (not sure how accurate it is) that once the device is opened up, the seal is pretty much broken and it is much easier for water to get in there.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Becarful regarding the water resistance once you get it back. Co-worker had the screeen replaced on his S9+ and he dropped it in a pool and the display was messed up after that. He was later told (not sure how accurate it is) that once the device is opened up, the seal is pretty much broken and it is much easier for water to get in there.

I was thinking about this possibility on my way home tonight. I'll have to remember not to use my phone when I'm getting a pedicure. Dang it, just wish they'd give me a new phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I bought a pre-owned S7 to use while my Note 10+ is having a new motherboard installed at Samsung and it's painful to use. I didn't realize how lightening fast the 10+, especially compared to this snail of a phone. The quick charging, downloading speed, app opening, are all so appreciated now. Can't wait until it's returned to me.

I would probably feel the same if I didn't have my Note. Hope you get it back soon.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone came back from Samsung yesterday, having only updated the software and a reported replacement of the USB cable, which I didn't receive or was one needed. They didn't replace the motherboard that UBreak said it required. It continues to exhibit the same behavior as it did before it was sent in. Samsung said that I'm now entitled to a new device replacement because they won't attempt repair a 3rd time. I have Samsung Premium Support (Assurion) and they agreed to replace the phone, except they are currently on back order for about 5 days. So, I'll reconfigure my phone so I can use it for the next week or so before I get a replacment.

As an aside, when Samsung CS transferred me to Premium Support last night, the rep asked what I was calling about. I told him I was making a claim to exchange my 10+. I was completely taken aback when he asked if it was an iPhone!
After being on hold for an extended period, he couldn't find my Premium Support contract and told me to call back today. He ended the call with "thank you for calling Frontier". I think the Samsung rep transferred me to the wrong number. Frontier must provide service for Samsung appliances.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My phone came back from Samsung yesterday, having only updated the software and a reported replacement of the USB cable, which I didn't receive or was one needed. They didn't replace the motherboard that UBreak said it required. It continues to exhibit the same behavior as it did before it was sent in. Samsung said that I'm now entitled to a new device replacement because they won't attempt repair a 3rd time. I have Samsung Premium Support (Assurion) and they agreed to replace the phone, except they are currently on back order for about 5 days. So, I'll reconfigure my phone so I can use it for the next week or so before I get a replacment.

As an aside, when Samsung CS transferred me to Premium Support last night, the rep asked what I was calling about. I told him I was making a claim to exchange my 10+. I was completely taken aback when he asked if it was an iPhone!
After being on hold for an extended period, he couldn't find my Premium Support contract and told me to call back today. He ended the call with "thank you for calling Frontier". I think the Samsung rep transferred me to the wrong number. Frontier must provide service for Samsung appliances.
Glad they are replacing the phone but what a long process.

What is wrong with the phone anyway?

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Glad they are replacing the phone but what a long process.

What is wrong with the phone anyway?

This is carried over from another thread describing the phone's "wonky" behavior. To sum it up, when I answer a phone call through bluetooth or I make a call using Google (when I'm not on the call screen) and I draw down from the top of the phone to get the Call bar to use the dial pad or speaker, the display blacks out. The only way I can end the call is by using the end call icon on my S View cover. This has been duplicated by UBreakIFix. What a pain!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

With a repair coming from Sammy, it "should" be put back just like it was manufactured.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised at all the S7 hate. It was my first venture with Android and I had no qualms with it. I was pleasantly satisified with it. I'd probably still be using it if it wasn't for the wonderful S10+.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised at all the S7 hate. It was my first venture with Android and I had no qualms with it. I was pleasantly satisified with it. I'd probably still be using it if it wasn't for the wonderful S10+.

If I hadn't come from the speed of the 10+ I wouldn't have realized how terribly the s7 lags.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma