USB-C adapter for Note 10+ (which one works for Note 10+ ?)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a USB-C adapter for the Note 10 Plus that works? I bought this adapter from Amazon (link below), but when I insert it to my Note 10+, an error message immediately displays at the bottom of the screen that says something like incompatible device or whatever. I want to attached a USB-C adapter so I can use other external devices such as a lavalier or mini shotgun microphone.

This adapter does NOT work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6673322

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a USB-C adapter for the Note 10 Plus that works? I bought this adapter from Amazon (link below), but when I insert it to my Note 10+, an error message immediately displays at the bottom of the screen that says something like incompatible device or whatever. I want to attached a USB-C adapter so I can use other external devices such as a lavalier or mini shotgun microphone.

This adapter does NOT work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6673362

Maybe I should have been more specific. I need a USB-C adapter that will fit into the Note10+ on one end and accommodate for a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other end so that an external microphone will work with the phone (see link below for the Movo mini shotgun mic below). This Movo external mic only has a 3.5mm jack. I want to create a setup per the Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Movo-Smartph...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6673362

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes. The new google ones are total trash and the apple ones won’t work bc either Samsung or Google decided they don’t want to support the drivers. I think I heard that in android 10 the Apple USB-C dongles now work. Those would be your best bet for sound quality. I have heard good things about the Samsung ones.

I too would like to know more on this.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes. The new google ones are total trash and the apple ones won’t work bc either Samsung or Google decided they don’t want to support the drivers. I think I heard that in android 10 the Apple USB-C dongles now work. Those would be your best bet for sound quality. I have heard good things about the Samsung ones.

If Samsung didn't decide to get rid of the beloved 3.5mm audio jack, this wouldn't be an issue for me. The 3.5mm jack is useful for external devices for more than simply headphones. In my case, I want to use the Movo mini external shotgun microphone (for better sound quality while vlogging). Unfortunately, this particular mic only has a 3.5mm jack (not USB-C). Hence my need for an adapter that will allow that Movo mic to work with my Note 10 plus phone. I don't know why that particular adapter I bought from Amazon simply doesn't work, so I'm guessing maybe some other brand will work. But I don't know which brand (or model number) will work, so I'm hoping someone else on this board has already tried this and can recommend an exact adapter/model number to meet my particular need. Shouldn't be so hard, but it kind of is, LOL.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Might you be referring to this Apple adapter? There appears to be many mixed and negative reviews about this item, link below.
https://www.apple.com/shop/reviews/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter#mn_p

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
For a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, I bought a Google adapter at my local Target for $6.99. I have only used it once for a podcast. It works.

Has anyone tried the official Samsung adapter?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwegus%2F&token=HCDNYNVh

Oh, cool, I didn't know Samsung had their own official adapter. I'm tempted to buy this, I'm guessing it should work since it's an official, authorized adapter, LOL.

Do you have a link or the brand name of the Google adapter you bought from Target Store? There is a Target store nearby me that I might check out.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
mine come with usb c to usb c

mine is not that if you mean small oval to small oval. mine is usb c to whatever the big rectangle end one is that most usbs are. really no idea what I would ever need it for. feels like they made it and didn't know what to do with it so they stuck it in the box.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

How did you come up with that on the Google adapters. They work fine, so do HTC and Razer adapters.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to argue but maybe you get a bad set or a different iteration because they were changed at some point.

The 1st series was slight better than the new series but neither are anywhere near as good as Apples dongle. Problem is I think, although I have no way to test, only the pixels work with the Apple dongle. You can use an Apple dongle and they do sound better but it’s not as loud so it’s still useless.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The 1st series was slight better than the new series but neither are anywhere near as good as Apples dongle. Problem is I think, although I have no way to test, only the pixels work with the Apple dongle. You can use an Apple dongle and they do sound better but it’s not as loud so it’s still useless.

The best ones inexpensive ones that I've used are the Razer ones but I bought them two years ago. There were about 20 dollars.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The best ones inexpensive ones that I've used are the Razer ones but I bought them two years ago. There were about 20 dollars.

Hmm. I will give them a shot if I get another android. I have seen Samsung make one and it’s about $15 and it relatively new. I hope it sounds good. This was one of the biggest letdowns of when I tried out the note 10 +

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, cool, I didn't know Samsung had their own official adapter. I'm tempted to buy this, I'm guessing it should work since it's an official, authorized adapter, LOL.

Do you have a link or the brand name of the Google adapter you bought from Target Store? There is a Target store nearby me that I might check out.

Update: I went ahead and ordered the Samsung adapter from their website. It's funny that this is the first time I've ever ordered anything from Samsung's website, even though I've spent thousands and thousands on Samsung devices over the past decade. I'm gonna be highly peeved if the Samsung adapter doesn't work! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs