Unexpected exchange !

Placebo77

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
My first time in this forum so hello everyone.

So after three years with my iPhone 6S Plus (which is still a great smartphone by the way even in 2019) I was itching for an upgrade. So on launch day I went to apple store and purchased the iphone 11 Pro Max. Whilst it was a great phone in many respect I couldn't stand the notch, lack of finger print scanner and, oh boy , the price was steep ! So there I was a week later in the apple store returning my purchase. They were very accommodating, they even refunded me the screen protector I bought in the store !

So I went back to my old iphone and one evening after work I watched a review of the note 10 by MrMobile. I have to say I've always been intrigued by the note series so I got a bit excited . Next thing I know I was in a cab to the nearest mall at 8 PM where there is a samsung shop and started playing with the note 10 plus.
10 minutes later I came out of the store with a brand new phone !

So now I've had the Note for two weeks and I couldn't be happier . The screen is just breath taking. Performance is so good it might as well be a gaming phone. Battery life is very good but still need to charge it up every night, though the fast charging makes that seem irrelevant.
And the camera is fantastic, though I think the iphone 11 pro' s camera was a bit better, but that's just nitpicking really.

I even invested in a brand new pair of samsung galaxy buds which arrived today, I never knew wireless headphone could be so convenient and pleasant to use! They sound great too.

So overall , very happy with my purchase, so this will be my phone for the next two years at least.

Looking forward to check this great forum to learn more about the device for better and more efficient utilisation.

Attachments

• 20191012_174351.jpg
    20191012_174351.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome and congratulations on now owning what is probably the most versatile device in the world of phones.
Watch plenty of YouTube videos and do read through the manual as well, there's A LOT to learn simply because Notes are like an Alladins cave of smart tricks

Placebo77

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
Couldn't agree more ! It's a brilliant photo and video recording machine, a phone , a multimedia consumption beast, and the feature that I didnt know I would love so much..taking notes with the S pen !

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more ! It's a brilliant photo and video recording machine, a phone , a multimedia consumption beast, and the feature that I didnt know I would love so much..taking notes with the S pen !

Since you are coming from the Apple World I highly recommend these 2 apps which allow you to sync Contacts and your Calendar with iCloud. I live in the Android world and Apple but have no desire to back to an iPhone as my daily driver. I have loved the Samsung Notes for years (starting with the Note 2) but have had iPhones as well. Love Macs so using iCloud was important to me.
Check out SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.caldav.icloud&hl=en_US
and
SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.carddav.icloud&hl=en_US

It will be best for you to create an Apple, app-specific password where only one is needed to log in for both apps. Works great and fast.

Also check out the Kustom suite of apps. Worth every penny to be able to customize your phone. Lost of free widgets, Lockscreen & live Wallpaper offerings or make your own. Reddit has a good Kustom subreddit and the developer (Frank Monza) is great and responsive.

Enjoy your Note 10+!

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My first time in this forum so hello everyone.

So after three years with my iPhone 6S Plus (which is still a great smartphone by the way even in 2019) I was itching for an upgrade. So on launch day I went to apple store and purchased the iphone 11 Pro Max. Whilst it was a great phone in many respect I couldn't stand the notch, lack of finger print scanner and, oh boy , the price was steep ! So there I was a week later in the apple store returning my purchase. They were very accommodating, they even refunded me the screen protector I bought in the store !

So I went back to my old iphone and one evening after work I watched a review of the note 10 by MrMobile. I have to say I've always been intrigued by the note series so I got a bit excited . Next thing I know I was in a cab to the nearest mall at 8 PM where there is a samsung shop and started playing with the note 10 plus.
10 minutes later I came out of the store with a brand new phone !

So now I've had the Note for two weeks and I couldn't be happier . The screen is just breath taking. Performance is so good it might as well be a gaming phone. Battery life is very good but still need to charge it up every night, though the fast charging makes that seem irrelevant.
And the camera is fantastic, though I think the iphone 11 pro' s camera was a bit better, but that's just nitpicking really.

I even invested in a brand new pair of samsung galaxy buds which arrived today, I never knew wireless headphone could be so convenient and pleasant to use! They sound great too.

So overall , very happy with my purchase, so this will be my phone for the next two years at least.

Looking forward to check this great forum to learn more about the device for better and more efficient utilisation.

Welcome to the Note and to the Forums!

That's a great picture! Where is this, and what building is that in the background?