Fingerprint fix coming within 24 hrs.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Meh. You got it right though, it is a hoopla. Good ol' media, making a mountain out of a molehill and feeding the Apple fanboi's egos.

The initial report that was replicated is a bigger deal, but then that person did the tpu thing that may or may not be replicated that started causing a stir. At least Samsung is on it with a fix either way. Hopefully it'll be the end of it.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The initial report that was replicated is a bigger deal, but then that person did the tpu thing that may or may not be replicated that started causing a stir. At least Samsung is on it with a fix either way. Hopefully it'll be the end of it.

Yes, Samsung doing the right thing by updating the firmware for the FPS, but it is really a not a HUGE problem. Nobody could replicate this using non-silicone screen protectors or cases. That is why I said the media was making a mountain out of a molehill and not actually understanding what was going on.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
the fix is currently being released in Korea, which is tomorrow there :) we should know if it works or if it causes other issues by the time it is released here.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got the update (US unlocked). Though the instructions mention to restart and redo finger prints it does not force restart. It asks to register fingerprints without screen protector (textured) but am not sure if it applicable to Samsung screen protector.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Does this mean I have to remove the factory screen cover? If so that bulls...t I use screen covers and don't want to go without one.

Just got the update (US unlocked). Though the instructions mention to restart and redo finger prints it does not force restart. It asks to register fingerprints without screen protector (textured) but am not sure if it applicable to Samsung screen protector.

The wording is dubious at best on the notices. Being that they mention a textured inside several times I think the preinstalled will be ok as it's completely smooth.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup rolled out last night for me the fingerprint sensor update, and my fingerprint still works on dome glass with no issues at all.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yup rolled out last night for me the fingerprint sensor update, and my fingerprint still works on dome glass with no issues at all.

Does it work better after the update? I have the dome glass and mine and since installing it mine works about 50% of the time.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Does it work better after the update? I have the dome glass and mine and since installing it mine works about 50% of the time.

It was fine for me earlier but failed once in a while. After update I registered and feel it is little bit quicker and more consistent. Didn't fail to read since morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol