Galaxy watch or Galaxy watch Active 2 to go with Note 10+?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Definitely keep an eye out. I got my S3 Frontier new for less than $200.00 not even a month ago.

Black Friday is coming up. Hopefully you can get a good deal.

Thanks but it will be a long while before I could afford one even discounted heavily. When I first got the phone I had a little money I could burn and Sprint stuck it to me for the last time. As soon as things get figured out with my pops and his job we will be switching carriers.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but it will be a long while before I could afford one even discounted heavily. When I first got the phone I had a little money I could burn and Sprint stuck it to me for the last time. As soon as things get figured out with my pops and his job we will be switching carriers.

Sorry to hear Sprint mistreated another one of it's customers. I would do the same and switch as soon as possible. Good luck:)

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up the active 2 LTE and so far it's a great watch easy to use. I tried apple for a while and couldn't handle their watch I prefer the galaxy better plus there are more apps for the galaxy.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Black stainless all LTE are stainless and they look like a regular watch not like apple watches. Works great I can go out without my phone and still get calls and messages. Battery lasts a day and a half.
c31ceb28141ce9fd9a5d74231c84b56d.jpg

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Black stainless all LTE are stainless and they look like a regular watch not like apple watches. Works great I can go out without my phone and still get calls and messages. Battery lasts a day and a half.

I haven't seen the LTE stainless ones in person yet. I knew the LTE were stainless, and I have the original Watch Active. It's just too darned small to use. If I get one it'll def be black LTE.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've thinking of selling my Galaxy watch 46mm BT and getting the 44mm Active 2 with ECG and lte but currently the lte part seems to be locked to EE in the UK where I would have to get it from ( Ireland sucks when it comes to these thing) Vodafone didn't even get the 5G version of the Note 10 even though they launched 5G at the same time the Note 10 was released

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I get about 2 1/2 right now. I really wish my watch had LTE though. I miss the LTE from my Apple Watch. I hate not being able to do a quick errand without my phone. Heck, my watch doesn't even stay connected if my phone is in my bedroom and I go to the other end of my house.
I love the LTE version. I don't have to have the phone with me all the time, like you said, quick trip to the store you can leave the phone home, out working in the yard, leave the phone inside. I wouldn't leave the LTE version.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I love the LTE version. I don't have to have the phone with me all the time, like you said, quick trip to the store you can leave the phone home, out working in the yard, leave the phone inside. I wouldn't leave the LTE version.

If I switched to the Watch Active 2 the main reason would be for LTE. It's the only thing I don't like about my S3 Frontier.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 10 plus and the Galaxy Watch. They work perfectly together. I was told buy the sales guy at Best Buy the Active 2 was a piece of junk and they have had a lot of people bring them back. My wif and I really like our Galaxy Watch.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I went with the Galaxy Watch because the Active 2 didn't come out until late September and I really wanted a watch for exercise tracking. I like the GW but it's kinda heavy. I wish the auto wifi connection worked all the time. As it is, it's very dicey.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely nice to have the LTE version and it's only 10 bucks a month.

Xfinity mobile doesn't suppport samsung watches yet. With a phone bill thats only 14.50 after taxes I guess I will have to live without the LTE version. It would be nice to have, but at the present time its not available for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I went with the Galaxy Watch because the Active 2 didn't come out until late September and I really wanted a watch for exercise tracking. I like the GW but it's kinda heavy. I wish the auto wifi connection worked all the time. As it is, it's very dicey.

What do you think of the band on the Galaxy Watch? The one that came with my S3 Frontier is pretty awful. It's not a huge deal as there's plenty of places to get 22mm bands, but I would've liked something better.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Xfinity mobile doesn't suppport samsung watches yet. With a phone bill thats only 14.50 after taxes I guess I will have to live without the LTE version. It would be nice to have, but at the present time its not available for me.

Did you say 14.50?!?! They use Verizon towers, correct?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
yep. I keep data under 1GB a month so my bill is 12.00 plus taxes. I'm usually on wifi at home and work, and sometimes out and about with the Xfinity hotspots.

That's crazy cheap! Do they charge for the amount of data you use, or is it tiered where you pick an amount of data for a specific price?