Note 10+ takes more than 1 hour 30 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I see many charging test on Youtube, the Galaxy Note 10+ only takes 1 hour and 5 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%, while my Note 10+ takes more than 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%.
When I bought note 10+
Charging was all ok but after update, I'm facing an issue with charging time it takes

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Have you enabled fast charging? Why are you letting it totally drain? You really shouldn't go below 40% charging if you don't want to damage your battery

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
If you are using the wired charger.
Turn the display off. There IS a difference between charging times with the display on vs off.
Even some YouTube "experts" have found that out.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, the charging tests you see on YouTube are the first time the battery was brought down to 0%. Constantly doing that kills the battery. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. If you can't charge it by the time it gets down to 40%, turn it off.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Also, the charging tests you see on YouTube are the first time the battery was brought down to 0%. Constantly doing that kills the battery. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. If you can't charge it by the time it gets down to 40%, turn it off.

Turn it off Haha, people don't pay all this money for a phone to turn the phone off when their battery gets to 40%. Let's be honest most people only keep their phone 12-24 months no real damage will be done to the battery in this time.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Have you enabled fast charging? Why are you letting it totally drain? You really shouldn't go below 40% charging if you don't want to damage your battery
That letting the battery get below 40% is bunk. That's now how Lithium Ion batteries work. That's garbage that was posted years ago and it still seems to be hanging around.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Agreed. I always do my best to do the 80-40% charge discharge method. Obviously sometimes it's not possible and I'll charge it at 35% to 80.-85.%
I currently also use 5W charger. Takes approx 25% an hour but nice and slow.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That letting the battery get below 40% is bunk. That's now how Lithium Ion batteries work. That's garbage that was posted years ago and it still seems to be hanging around.
Shutting off at 40% is rather extreme and I don't know anyone else suggesting that. But he is correct that Li-ion batteries are not deep discharge batteries. It's quite possible to kill one in less than a year due to poor charging habits, and Battery University has done the testing showing the difference between running full cycles and keeping it at that happy medium.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Shutting off at 40% is rather extreme and I don't know anyone else suggesting that. But he is correct that Li-ion batteries are not deep discharge batteries. It's quite possible to kill one in less than a year due to poor charging habits, and Battery University has done the testing showing the difference between running full cycles and keeping it at that happy medium.
Again, bunk.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I read it. And I think you didn't understand what you read.

It's not as simple as you seem to think.
Several of us explained our side. So how about instead of telling us we're wrong, why not do the same and explain how we're wrong and show some data to back it up (I'll gladly read it). Saying we're wrong over and over accomplishes nothing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I always charge mine between 5 to 90 or 15 to 90
You need to reach 90 to reset usage cycle in battery stats. Never let battery die often then charge it up not good for long term and keeping it out of extreme temperatures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
People can do whatever they want, but just be aware that habitually discharging your battery deeply will definitely shorten its lifespan. Call it bunk if you want, and continue doing it if you want, but if you want to preserve your battery, it's advisable to avoid those frequent deep discharges.

Let's not toss around casual insults on this thread please.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not quite true either. There is circuitry built into the battery to prevent the battery from completely discharging.

Even though the phone says 0%, there is approximately 5% of actual battery charge left.
We are all well aware of protective circuitry. I meant relative zero which is what you're describing and that's just bad.