Clock ALARM can't be dismissed

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My Note10+ Clock ALARM has options for snooze & dismiss but dismiss doesn't work. The dismiss option works fine on my Note8. Since I can't find a setting to change this, I assume it's a bug in the Note10+. Does a setting exist to correct this on the Note10+? ​The full-screen notification that appears when the phone is asleep is the one that doesn't work. The small notification that appears at the top when the phone is awake works fine.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I use my Note 10+ as my daily alarm clock, and I'm able to dismiss from it turning on while asleep. I'm not sure why it would not work for you. I would not be happy with that problem either.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the stock---same as on Note8.
No other clock apps---Don't download apps (except for the exceptional Laridian Pocket Bible). Call me a strange ol' tech-loving human ;) but I don't like giving app vendors the access to anything on my phones so I make do with what is pre-installed on my phones---and I don't use many that are pre-installed!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the dismiss button set for sliding or just tapping to dismiss? Have you tried both actions to dismiss?

WOWSERS! You've the solution, leerandall, and how I DO appreciate your suggestion :) :) Yes, the DISMISS actually dismissed the alarm when I tried the slide just now! Very strange that the other option SNOOZE works just by pressing it . . .

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
WOWSERS! You've the solution, leerandall, and how I DO appreciate your suggestion :) :) Yes, the DISMISS actually dismissed the alarm when I tried the slide just now! Very strange that the other option SNOOZE works just by pressing it . . .

I'm glad I was able to help. I never use the snooze option, so I would have just assumed it worked the same way the dismiss button does. But good to know. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol