Data still not working.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday u made a post about my cellular data not working on my 10 plus. I thought I found a fix by putting my phone in flight mode for a few minutes and then turning it off. It worked , but only temporarily. Will a total reset maybe fix this or should I have AT&T exchange ? I really don't want to reset my phone but I also don't want to pay a $200 deductible. Either way I'm setting up my phone again.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday u made a post about my cellular data not working on my 10 plus. I thought I found a fix by putting my phone in flight mode for a few minutes and then turning it off. It worked , but only temporarily. Will a total reset maybe fix this or should I have AT&T exchange ? I really don't want to reset my phone but I also don't want to pay a $200 deductible. Either way I'm setting up my phone again.

If it is defective then you won't have to pay a deductible. Since it's within the 1 year manufacturer warranty they would do a warranty exchange unless you have physical damage done to the device. Did you try doing a reset of just your network settings? And also checking connectivity in Safe Mode? You also might want to try a new SIM card too. If you've tried all that then just call AT&T Support to file a warranty claim amd make sure you tell them that you've tried everything including a factory reset that way you don't have to spend hours on the phone with them troubleshooting and they just send out a replacement device to you.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
And now it's not working again. Lol

Could be a SIM card problem. If you have another SIM card put it in the same slot and see what happens. If the second card works fine them it's not a phone defect. Oops ! I forgot that your phone is a carrier phone. My bad. It's epileptic pattern still makes me think it's a SIM card issuer. Keep us posted.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
And its not working again. Let me prepare myself for this phone call . AT&T's customer service has not been the best in the last few years. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked fine , but *** soon as I took it out of safe mode it went back to not working. Does that mean something I've downloaded could be the issue ?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry . I didn't see your response. Thank you as well.
No worries lol
I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked fine , but *** soon as I took it out of safe mode it went back to not working. Does that mean something I've downloaded could be the issue ?
Yeah sounds like a software issue. Something is messing up your network connections.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've uninstalled the last apps I downloaded, wiped cache, and reset the network still nothing.
I know you'll hate reading this but Honestly a factory reset may be your only option since you now know the hardware is good in Safe Mode. You can still do a backup and restore just don't restore any system settings. Home screen settings should be fine to restore.

OR

Since you know you have to factory reset maybe still pursue a warranty replacement. Just let them know you've tried everything under the sun and they typically don't fuss about and just process the warranty replacement.