12-07-2019 12:48 PM
40 12
tools
    This is going on the assumption that they perform better than the other options in the same price range.

Is anyone using them with their Note 10+ and would we feel any advantage when opting for a newer generation or Pro, since we can't activate Siri (or equivalent?) nor does the remove-from-ear-to-pause work. The only advantage(s) I can imagine might relate to sound quality, battery life and charging speed.

I know what the advertised specs are. I'm seeking first-hand real-world feedback
    11-14-2019 10:18 AM
    Gonna stick to my Galaxy buds better and are made for the Galaxy Phones.
    Hermes Hidayat, 11B1P and 1raygin like this.
    11-14-2019 10:33 AM
    Gonna stick to my Galaxy buds better and are made for the Galaxy Phones.
    Saying Galaxy Buds are better than AirPods Pro is a bit much. I'd say they're probably better than the non-pro AirPods though.
    11-14-2019 10:36 AM
    I used the air pods pro with my note 10. They worked fine. I returned them because the sound quality is mediocre and not worth 250. But as far as using them with the note, no issues. It is helpful to have an iPhone around to set the stem settings but once you set them they stick.
    Hermes Hidayat and 1raygin like this.
    11-14-2019 10:40 AM
    I just gave my airpods gen 2 to the wife and bought the galaxy buds today. I like how the galaxy buds are able to read my text messages out loud for me. The air pods cannot do that obviously. So for me the galaxy buds are working out better than the air pods did.
    1raygin likes this.
    11-14-2019 07:16 PM
    1 is Apple. 1 is Samsung... Its like a Honda using a Mitsubishi part... Its not even 3rd party for example HKS or Pivot...

Long story short. If brand A sells a phone, use brand A's accessories or a 3rd party brand.

But thats my personal preference. Its not like the Apple Airpods are optimized to work with Android phones.
    11-14-2019 08:28 PM
    Saying Galaxy Buds are better than AirPods Pro is a bit much. I'd say they're probably better than the non-pro AirPods though.
    I thought the sound was similar on both airport series according to an early review.
    11-14-2019 09:48 PM
    1 is Apple. 1 is Samsung... Its like a Honda using a Mitsubishi part... Its not even 3rd party for example HKS or Pivot...

Long story short. If brand A sells a phone, use brand A's accessories or a 3rd party brand.

But thats my personal preference. Its not like the Apple Airpods are optimized to work with Android phones.
    I kinda agree with this. Apple's AirPod Pros are cool and all, but the are not optimized for anything other than iPhone/iPad. I doubt Apple did little, if any testing on Android devices, beyond basic functionality and pairing.
    Hermes Hidayat and 1raygin like this.
    11-14-2019 11:50 PM
    I wouldn't go near airplops unless I had an iPong.
    Waiting for my Jabra 75t pre-order to arrive, I'm downright refusing to pay for Samsung Galaxy Buds when I paid for my Note 10 plus 5G in full and can't get them either free or even discounted like most other people
    Hermes Hidayat and kct1975 like this.
    11-15-2019 03:37 AM
    I kinda agree with this. Apple's AirPod Pros are cool and all, but the are not optimized for anything other than iPhone/iPad. I doubt Apple did little, if any testing on Android devices, beyond basic functionality and pairing.
    Im just being realistic hahaha. Unless its like lets say Jabra or Jawbone... Or even Bose...
    11-15-2019 03:55 AM
    I only just posted here and then right after I got the email that my Jabra 75t has shipped :-)
    11-15-2019 05:36 AM
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.

Would anyone recommend a particular sub-$100 set from Amazon? I ordered and cancelled a set because despite having an overwhelming percentage of 5-star reviews, there were still numerous voices questioning their authenticity after receiving and returning multiple bad units...
    11-15-2019 10:55 AM
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.

Would anyone recommend a particular sub-$100 set from Amazon? I ordered and cancelled a set because despite having an overwhelming percentage of 5-star reviews, there were still numerous voices questioning their authenticity after receiving and returning multiple bad units...
    And yes, contradicting my first post where I was comparing AirPods with similarly-priced alternatives, I think saving money is still an option I'd like to explore
    11-15-2019 10:56 AM
    I only just posted here and then right after I got the email that my Jabra 75t has shipped :-)
    *whispering* They're watching you...
    j_hansen and kct1975 like this.
    11-15-2019 01:50 PM
    And yes, contradicting my first post where I was comparing AirPods with similarly-priced alternatives, I think saving money is still an option I'd like to explore
    My co-worker has these and he really likes them.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hea...cUvbUpU6690720
    waqqas31 likes this.
    11-15-2019 01:53 PM
    Keep us posted on what you think once you get them. I've been holding off buying any while doing exhausting research to get the best option for me. It's a little tricky for me because I use both iOS and Android daily. I also switch between Apple Watch and the S3 Frontier.
    11-15-2019 01:54 PM
    I think they're out in the US already so you might find a few reviews around.
    I liked the 65t elite but they didn't fit my right ear and were to bulky inside my helmet, not that I would use them often on the bike anyway but it's a nice option to have for longer motorway trips
    11-15-2019 04:45 PM
    Erm... Airpods Pro costs USD$350 and Airpods 2 costs USD$200 In Indonesia... With USD$350 i could get a Sony WF-1000XM3 or WH-1000XM3. With USD$200 i could get the Galaxy Buds.

But the smartest choice for me personally is to get the Galaxy Buds. As they are from the same brand.
    11-16-2019 03:56 AM
    I wouldn't buy AirPods if you don't have an iPhone. I have them, 1st, 2nd, and Pro, as well as 65Ts. 1st and second sound isn't better than 65Ts but the Pros are as good or better. When you factor in noise cancellation, and augmentation they become compelling. Those last bits probably don't happen if you don't have an iPhone. You change with the app or via Siri shortcuts. You may be able to change the stem gestures to do it, but that still requires an iPhone. Pause and play when removing one wouldn't work. Notification pane battery display wouldn't work. Some of the appeal is how they work with iPhones, iPads, Macs. If you lose all that, they aren't worth the money. You can get stuff that sounds as good for way less.
    kct1975 and Hermes Hidayat like this.
    11-21-2019 04:11 PM
    Only got the Jabra 75t yesterday so haven't used them all that much but sound is great and they are quite a bit smaller than the 65t, case is good bit smaller as well so fair play to Jabra for upping battery time as much as they have, 7.5 hours for the buds and up to 28h with the case.
    I had a discount code so got them for just under 135 quid and sold the 65t for 85 quid
    11-22-2019 03:11 AM
    I wouldn't buy AirPods if you don't have an iPhone. I have them, 1st, 2nd, and Pro, as well as 65Ts. 1st and second sound isn't better than 65Ts but the Pros are as good or better. When you factor in noise cancellation, and augmentation they become compelling. Those last bits probably don't happen if you don't have an iPhone. You change with the app or via Siri shortcuts. You may be able to change the stem gestures to do it, but that still requires an iPhone. Pause and play when removing one wouldn't work. Notification pane battery display wouldn't work. Some of the appeal is how they work with iPhones, iPads, Macs. If you lose all that, they aren't worth the money. You can get stuff that sounds as good for way less.
    That kinda sums it up hahaha. And detailed.
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-22-2019 10:52 AM
    That kinda sums it up hahaha. And detailed.
    I also have the airpods pro. I found a app called assistant trigger in the play store. It let's the airpods have almost full functionality. Give it a look if your interested.

Just info I am in no way affiliated with that app. I just downloaded it after seeing it mention on a youtube clip lol.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-23-2019 07:43 PM
    I also have the airpods pro. I found a app called assistant trigger in the play store. It let's the airpods have almost full functionality. Give it a look if your interested.

Just info I am in no way affiliated with that app. I just downloaded it after seeing it mention on a youtube clip lol.
    But it doesnt allow single tap to pause/play. Triple tap to go to previous song. Nor double tap to fast forward. Or lets say hold right to increase and hold left to decrease volume...

Airpods Pro costs USD$344 in Indonesia... I could get 3 sets of Galaxy Buds or lets say a Sony WF-1000XM3 or Sony WH-1000XM3...
    11-23-2019 09:08 PM
    But it doesnt allow single tap to pause/play. Triple tap to go to previous song. Nor double tap to fast forward. Or lets say hold right to increase and hold left to decrease volume...

Airpods Pro costs USD$344 in Indonesia... I could get 3 sets of Galaxy Buds or lets say a Sony WF-1000XM3 or Sony WH-1000XM3...
    Here's the video I watched if it helps.

11-23-2019 09:13 PM
    Not sure about the Air Pods, but I have the Beats Studio 3 Wireless over the ear headphones, geared for Apple, but sound amazinng with the NOte 10+ and have outstanding clear calling capabilities.
    11-24-2019 10:16 AM
40 12