Samsung Pay on Note 10+

Rw1016

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello fellow Samsung note 10+ users! Having issues adding my TD Bank his debit card to Samsung Pay. I've been a long time user of Samsung phones and Samsung pay and never had these issues before. I keep getting an invalid cars info message. Both TD Bank and Samsung have been bouncing me around back and forth between them. I've tried to reset the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, clearing data and cache but nothing has worked. Any ideas or suggestions? Tyia!

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
are you scanning the card or manually typing the info? any change of address? do other cards work? has the card ever worked on samsung pay?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine works flawlessly with Chase bank. Make sure your bank is supported by Samsung Pay - some banks are not. You shouldn't have any issues with it if they are supported.

Rw1016

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
are you scanning the card or manually typing the info? any change of address? do other cards work? has the card ever worked on samsung pay?

I've scanned the card and manually typed the info in. No change of address. My credit cards work but not my TD debit card. Also, whenever I try to set up Samsung Pay Cash, I get a message to enter a verification code that was sent to my number but no code is sent. Any idea what the deal is with that? Tyia!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've scanned the card and manually typed the info in. No change of address. My credit cards work but not my TD debit card. Also, whenever I try to set up Samsung Pay Cash, I get a message to enter a verification code that was sent to my number but no code is sent. Any idea what the deal is with that? Tyia!!
Make sure the phone # is good on there - I know some cards auto-detect those codes and activate the card. Make sure the app is updated. Go into the app also, clear cache (App Info / Storage / Clear Cache).

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello fellow Samsung note 10+ users! Having issues adding my TD Bank his debit card to Samsung Pay. I've been a long time user of Samsung phones and Samsung pay and never had these issues before. I keep getting an invalid cars info message. Both TD Bank and Samsung have been bouncing me around back and forth between them. I've tried to reset the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, clearing data and cache but nothing has worked. Any ideas or suggestions? Tyia!

I'm guessing you are in the US because TD in Canada does not support Samsung Pay, period.

Second, something I've learned with experience, is that if you want to use a debit card on Samsung Pay, you will need to use a Samsung variant from the same region as the bank. Credit cards seem to be working fine, as long as Samsung Pay supports them, in general.

Rw1016

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm guessing you are in the US because TD in Canada does not support Samsung Pay, period.

Second, something I've learned with experience, is that if you want to use a debit card on Samsung Pay, you will need to use a Samsung variant from the same region as the bank. Credit cards seem to be working fine, as long as Samsung Pay supports them, in general.

Yes, I'm in the US. Really not sure what's going on here with my note 10+. I've been using Samsung pay from 2015 and never encountered these issues. I've cleared the data, cache, etc. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work at all. Real bummer.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm in the US. Really not sure what's going on here with my note 10+. I've been using Samsung pay from 2015 and never encountered these issues. I've cleared the data, cache, etc. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work at all. Real bummer.

Do you have an N975U or U1?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
is this a visa debit card? I know when my bank first allowed mobile payments, I had to call they would manually verify me for samsung pay. which was a pain since I had a to do this for both my watch and my phone. seems to be TD Bank could do this if for some reason you cannot get verified automatically.

Rw1016

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
is this a visa debit card? I know when my bank first allowed mobile payments, I had to call they would manually verify me for samsung pay. which was a pain since I had a to do this for both my watch and my phone. seems to be TD Bank could do this if for some reason you cannot get verified automatically.

Yes it's a Visa debit card. I've spoken to them and they claimed to have verified it but I guess another call wouldn't hurt. Ty!

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's a Visa debit card. I've spoken to them and they claimed to have verified it but I guess another call wouldn't hurt. Ty!

if it has been verified, then there should be nothing else for you to do. what happens if you tried to use it? give it a try. just get ready to use it like you would at the store, slide up for samsung pay, type pin or use finger print for the card. what happens at that point? if error message, please post the exact message.

Rw1016

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
if it has been verified, then there should be nothing else for you to do. what happens if you tried to use it? give it a try. just get ready to use it like you would at the store, slide up for samsung pay, type pin or use finger print for the card. what happens at that point? if error message, please post the exact message.

Thanks for your response - I can't even load the card. I keep getting an Invalid card info message - very frustrating.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response - I can't even load the card. I keep getting an Invalid card info message - very frustrating.

I get the same error for my Visa debit card, but my N9750 is from Hong Kong, so there's a plausible "cause", whereas in your case, it should work.

Have you tried submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app? If there's a deep-rooted issue, no time better than the present to get the investigation started.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
just a thought, are you able to use that same card on another payment service like android pay, walmart pay or another on that phone. how new is the card, was it in samsung pay on your old phone? have you done anything to your phone like root it or install third party apps from other sources than the authorized stores.

unless you have some bad information either at the bank or in samsung pay regarding the account number, the security code, expiration date, your address and phone number, it really should work.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
just a thought, are you able to use that same card on another payment service like android pay, walmart pay or another on that phone. how new is the card, was it in samsung pay on your old phone? have you done anything to your phone like root it or install third party apps from other sources than the authorized stores.

unless you have some bad information either at the bank or in samsung pay regarding the account number, the security code, expiration date, your address and phone number, it really should work.

Yes, I can use all the same cards that I have in Samsung Pay in Google Pay. If Samsung Pay happens to not work I'll sometimes switch to Google Pay a see if that works. There's an option when NFC is turned under Settings - Connectioins - NFC and payment - Tap and pay where you can set Samsung Pay as the default and turn on Tap and pay with open apps. That way Google Pay will work if the app is open. I even have all the same cards setup in Google Pay on my Pixel 4 and also on my iPhone for Apple Pay.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
You are being too general which is confusing. I am specifically asking about the problem card. Is it currently in google pay on that specific phone? you also did not answer the other questions, one of which is the second time I asked and not get an answer.

My apologies, I didn't even read the previous comments about the issue. I was just referencing only your comment.

But to add to the OP having the issue adding the card and you know (you bank has verified) that it is compatible with Samsung Pay, if it's not being added you may need to try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work then I would just do a warranty exchange. Sounds like you've already tried an uninstall and reinstall of Samsung Pay so that might be your only options going forward.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
My apologies, I didn't even read the previous comments about the issue. I was just referencing only your comment.

But to add to the OP having the issue adding the card and you know (you bank has verified) that it is compatible with Samsung Pay, if it's not being added you may need to try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work then I would just do a warranty exchange. Sounds like you've already tried an uninstall and reinstall of Samsung Pay so that might be your only options going forward.

I should have looked at the user name. thought the response was in answer to my post. its been deleted

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol