AT&T HD Voice

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have a kluge to activate AT&T HD Voice on an unlocked Note 10+? AT&T Tech Support says they cannot provision it.

Suggestions? TIA.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T HD Voice

Does anyone have a kluge to activate AT&T HD Voice on an unlocked Note 10+? AT&T Tech Support says they cannot provision it.

Suggestions? TIA.
If they don't support HD voice on an unlocked model you're most likely out of luck. It usually has to be enabled at the carrier end first. I'm not sure about AT&T but there's a couple of things they don't support on unlocked models Just to be sure call them again to see if you get a different answer and ask for a Tier 2 tech if you haven't already gone that route. Your other option might be to install the AT&T firmware.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site

If they don't support HD voice on an unlocked model you're most likely out of luck. It usually has to be enabled at the carrier end first. I'm not sure about AT&T but there's a couple of things they don't support on unlocked models Just to be sure call them again to see if you get a different answer and ask for a Tier 2 tech if you haven't already gone that route. Your other option might be to install the AT&T firmware.

Thanks. I've tried 2X and the second time went up to a Level 2. No luck. It's really a shame for such an expensive phone.

Funny thing is that my previous HTC10 phone was also unlocked, but HD Voice worked on it just fine.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Yeah,. They support certain unlocked phones but not others.
@mustang7757 can help you if you're interested in trying to install the AT&T firmware but you probably didn't want the added software and that's most likely why you didn't get it to begin with unless it was because of a better trade-in deal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

As of right now on note 10+ unlocked it doesn't show hd calling on and from what I hear to enable this is put someone sim from a att phone and will register your IMEI to Att servers to activate , or flash the Att software on your unlocked device

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As of right now on note 10+ unlocked it doesn't show hd calling on art from what I hear to enable this is put someone sim from a att phone and will register your IMEI to Att servers to activate , or flash the Att software on your unlocked device
So if the SIM was from another unlocked phone that supported HD that wouldn't help?

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Thanks guys. A bit of a disappointment for such an expensive phone.

My wife has a locked ATT iPhone. Would putting her SIM in my Note 10+ enable the HD Voice on it? Or would the fact that her iPhone is locked preclude that?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

My wife has a locked ATT iPhone. Would putting her SIM in my Note 10+ enable the HD Voice on it? Or would the fact that her iPhone is locked preclude that?

I don't think iPhones are locked. It's worth a try

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

That might work. Put the SIM in the iPhone and make sure AT&T provisions the iPhone on your account. Once that is done then put the SIM back into your Note. I swap between Android and iPhones often that HD Voice and WiFi calling will continue to work. This includes swapping with an Unlocked Pixel 2XL and Pixel 4.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That might work. Put the SIM in the iPhone and make sure AT&T provisions the iPhone on your account. Once that is done then put the SIM back into your Note. I swap between Android and iPhones often that HD Voice and WiFi calling will continue to work. This includes swapping with an Unlocked Pixel 2XL and Pixel 4.
With regard to the Pixel, I read somewhere that HD works on AT&T normally. That could be bad information.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
With regard to the Pixel, I read somewhere that HD works on AT&T normally. That could be bad information.
From my understanding HD Voice is supported on unlocked Pixels but not WiFi Calling. Unless you get it working on an AT&T branded device first.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Got it.... Thanks. Sure wish they made compatibility easier or least more transparent.
For real. Depending on who you talk to it's always different. But since most customer service reps don't even know themselves they just say that no Unlocked device is supported on any feature.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I'm confused, so I but an Unlocked N10+ From samsung and my Advanced Messages, HD Voice, Wifi Calling isnt working on my network. Which is att. I'm curious as to which other carriers are like that in which they dont support unlocked phones or which ones do support unlocked phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs