Help, Constant Idle Battery Drain

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
As you can see from the screen shot. My battery is constantly draining. I took this screen shot at 7:30 AM just when I woke up. I have not used the phone since 10:30 PM last night but the battery constantly trending down even with no use at all. I even put the phone on Medium Power saving mod with no difference.

I have restarted the phone few times and cleared memory with no success. This has been going on for about 2 weeks.

Device idle, Android OS and Android System all top battery consumers. My wifi and Data signals are strong (shown in the screen shot). So frustrating. Don't want to do factory reset.

How can I nail down what is sucking the life out of my battery when phone is idle? Screenshot_20191123-072445_Settings.jpeg

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Here is how my Tab S6 acted overnight. A straight line. Android OS is at the bottom when compared to my phone. Seems that OS has some runaway process on my phone? How can I find what is going on?
Screenshot_20191123-075511_Settings.jpeg

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I just cleaned cached data under setting > Storage and also Wiped partition cache. I'll report back how idle time looks like overnight tonight.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just cleaned cached data under setting > Storage and also Wiped partition cache. I'll report back how idle time looks like overnight tonight.
From your stats nothing stick out abnormal , so I would concentrate on WiFi or data giving a issue and do you have AOD always on ? And do you receive lot of notifications that can keep waking the screen up?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
From your stats nothing stick out abnormal , so I would concentrate on WiFi or data giving a issue and do you have AOD always on ? And do you receive lot of notifications that can keep waking the screen up?
AOD off overnight and I don't get a lot of notifications. Also phone on Medium Power saving mode when I am asleep. Tab s6 connected to the same wifi.

This started about couple weeks ago. Have had the phone since it came out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
AOD off overnight and I don't get a lot of notifications. Also phone on Medium Power saving mode when I am asleep. Tab s6 connected to the same wifi.

This started about couple weeks ago. Have had the phone since it came out.
So overnight drain what you say it is about 5 percent or way more ?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
After clearing cached data and wiped partition cache, I had about 7% battery drain from 10:30 PM to 6 AM. seems that has helped. Will continue to monitor for now. But that was much better than the 20+% drain I was having.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo