OK, so know this is dumb question but here it is anyway. Lol
    Always on my other phones when I sent a text in stock messinger my photo would show as sender after I sent text. But it's not and I have Googled it but can't find what I want. My photo is in my Google acct but not in Samsung acct.
    Should it be in Samsung and if so, how do I put it there. I looked up acct on phone but didn't see how.
    Just wondering.
    11-25-2019 04:55 PM
    Always on my other phones when I sent a text in stock messinger my photo would show as sender after I sent text.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify?
    11-25-2019 05:44 PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify?
    Well, when I go to text someone on my stock or fb messinger, who ever I click on there photo is beside there name, mine is not when I text, at first there is a check mark that it sent, but not my profile photo. My sis says on fb messinger my photo shows up on there but it doesn't to me. On just texts to her only shows my initials.

Hope this makes sense. Lol
    11-25-2019 05:56 PM
    Well, when I go to text someone on my stock or fb messinger, who ever I click on there photo is beside there name, mine is not when I text, at first there is a check mark that it sent, but not my profile photo. My sis says on fb messinger my photo shows up on there but it doesn't to me. On just texts to her only shows my initials.

Go to Contacts and click on your name. Upload a photo there and see if that works. I don't remember it ever showing my profile pic on my end, but it should show on her side when she receives texts from you.
    B. Diddy and nonie like this.
    11-25-2019 09:51 PM
    It might also be able to pull the photo associated with your Google account profile, so try adding one there.
    nonie likes this.
    11-26-2019 02:05 AM

Are you referring to having both your recipient's photo and your photo show up next to your respective chat bubbles in a conversation?

That depends on what texting app you're using. Google Messages, Samsung Messages, and Facebook Messenger don't show your picture (as the sender) in a conversation. They only show the picture of whom you are having the conversation with (when you get a reply).

Other apps like Push Bullet do show pictures on both sides of the conversation thread, but that seems to be the exception more than the rule when it comes to most texting apps.

Also, the picture of you that the other person sees will depend on whether you two are having the conversation in an SMS texting app (like Google Messages or Samsung messages) or an instant messaging app (like Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, or iMessage).

For SMS texting apps, they will see whatever picture THEY have for you in THEIR contacts database. So, the reason your sister is only seeing initials for you is because she doesn't have your picture in her contacts database. You have no control over that. It's up to her to add a photo if she wants to see your face in the conversation thread.

For instant messaging apps (which use a central profile database on the service) they will see your profile picture (whatever YOU uploaded to Facebook as your picture). In this instance, your sister would see your profile picture from Facebook. She wouldn't be able to change that because you control what image is set as your Facebook profile picture.

Hope that answers your questions.
    kevinpleasants and Trees like this.
    11-26-2019 04:38 AM
    It might also be able to pull the photo associated with your Google account profile, so try adding one there.
    Yes I thought of checking my photo before I ask question.
    I was just thinking that before my photo always was where I could see it.
    It's no big deal if I can't, just thought if it was suppose to, I wanted it to. Lol..

Thanks to everyone for the replys.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-26-2019 08:10 AM