I have a new Galaxy Note10+ and looked in the online manual for charging specifications and there was nothing. I have Google searched and cannot find much information on the aftermarket Note10+ chargers(wireless or otherwise) that are acceptable. It seems Samsung just wants you to buy their overpriced charging equipment (pads and power supplies) and then you know you're safe.

I am interested in getting a wireless charging pad. I would be happy with either a 10W or a 15w wireless charging pad or stand. Is the 25W stock charger that came in the Note10+ box compatible to use with these pads or is it too high of wattage?

Secondly can I simply plug my Note10+ into a standard usb 3.0 outlet on my PC or USB hub and charge it the old fashioned way directly or use one of my many old smaller standalone USB wall chargers and charge it slowly that way? I really don't care about super fast charging.

It's all very confusing and Samsung is short on information.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-02-2019 04:26 PM
    If you get the newest Samsung wireless charger that came out at the same time as note 10 plus it comes with 25w plug like note 10 plus and charges the phone wirelessly up to 15w
    12-02-2019 04:55 PM
    I have a new Galaxy Note10+ and looked in the online manual for charging specifications and there was nothing. I have Google searched and cannot find much information on the aftermarket Note10+ chargers(wireless or otherwise) that are acceptable. It seems Samsung just wants you to buy their overpriced charging equipment (pads and power supplies) and then you know you're safe.

I am interested in getting a wireless charging pad. I would be happy with either a 10W or a 15w wireless charging pad or stand. Is the 25W stock charger that came in the Note10+ box compatible to use with these pads or is it too high of wattage?

Secondly can I simply plug my Note10+ into a standard usb 3.0 outlet on my PC or USB hub and charge it the old fashioned way directly or use one of my many old smaller standalone USB wall chargers and charge it slowly that way? I really don't care about super fast charging.

The Note 10/10+ uses the USB-C PD specification. This means that if a charger (any charger) that is using USB-C PD's programmable power supply (PPS) specification, will work. The key is making sure the charger is fully USB-C PD compliant. Not all third party chargers are fully USB-C PD compliant.
    12-02-2019 05:12 PM
    The Note 10/10+ uses the USB-C PD specification. This means that if a charger (any charger) that is using USB-C PD's programmable power supply (PPS) specification, will work. The key is making sure the charger is fully USB-C PD compliant. Not all third party chargers are fully USB-C PD compliant.
    All that applies if you want to "fast charge" the device wirelessly at 15W for the Note 10+. You then need the appropriate rated equipment. I get that. My question is if you simply want to slow charge the device with a wired USB charger, is it backward compatible with older smart USB phone chargers? Most of the older phone wall chargers don't put out 3A/5V. So if I'm in my car and I need to charge my phone I want to know if a standard USB charger will slow charge a Note 10+?
    12-02-2019 07:28 PM
    All that applies if you want to "fast charge" the device wirelessly at 15W for the Note 10+. You then need the appropriate rated equipment. I get that. My question is if you simply want to slow charge the device with a wired USB charger, is it backward compatible with older smart USB phone chargers? Most of the older phone wall chargers don't put out 3A/5V. So if I'm in my car and I need to charge my phone I want to know if a standard USB charger will slow charge a Note 10+?
    Ah.

Short answer: Yes
    ezdoit likes this.
    12-02-2019 07:29 PM

Depends... On your device.SD or Exynos?
    12-03-2019 10:29 AM
    Depends... On your device.SD or Exynos?
    Since I am in the USA I believe it is SD if you are referring to the chipset.
    12-03-2019 06:13 PM
    Ah.

Short answer: Yes
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Much appreciated friend. The last thing I want to do is damage my brand new Note10+ by using the wrong chargers.
    gernerttl likes this.
    12-03-2019 06:16 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Much appreciated friend. The last thing I want to do is damage my brand new Note10+ by using the wrong chargers.
    No worries.
    12-03-2019 07:03 PM