I just realized yesterday (don't laugh), that if you pull down the screen, there's a power button you can press on screen to shut off the phone. It's probably been there since day 1.
    robpz16 likes this.
    12-03-2019 10:34 AM
    It has! And in case you didn't know that either, you can change the Power Button default action in the Settings! I really wish Samsung would just accept Bixby's demise and let us use that button for Assistant or just plain old Power.
    mustang7757 and ezdoit like this.
    12-03-2019 10:59 AM
    I just realized yesterday (don't laugh), that if you pull down the screen, there's a power button you can press on screen to shut off the phone. It's probably been there since day 1.
    Yeah it's a hidden little button
    12-03-2019 11:00 AM
    Not everyone would like that. I use Bixby everyday.
    It has! And in case you didn't know that either, you can change the Power Button default action in the Settings! I really wish Samsung would just accept Bixby's demise and let us use that button for Assistant or just plain old Power.
    12-03-2019 12:00 PM
    Yup. Also documented in the User Manual pdf and in the phone's Settings | Tips & Help (good resources).
    12-03-2019 12:24 PM
    Loads of people use Bixby a lot so I don't see it dissappear anytime soon
    12-03-2019 01:35 PM
    With both Siri and Assistant pegged at 36% usage each (in the US, 2019), Alexa at 25% (although in 'Smart Speakers' Amazon claims to have almost 70% of the market there) and Cortana at 19%, that leaves Bixby in the 'Others' category to fight for the remaining 1%. So 'loads of people' might not be that 'loaded'.
    https://advertiseonbing-blob.azureed...oicereport.pdf
    kct1975 and bhatech like this.
    12-03-2019 01:52 PM
    Just noticed the power button option...-giphy.jpg
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    12-03-2019 08:04 PM
    Hahaha. Ever since i found that digital power button.i felt there was no need for the physical button...
    12-03-2019 08:08 PM
    With both Siri and Assistant pegged at 36% usage (in the US, 2019), Alexa at 25% (although in 'Smart Speakers' Amazon claims to have almost 70% of the market there) and Cortana at 19%, that leaves Bixby in the 'Others' category to fight for the remaining 1%. So 'loads of people' might not be that 'loaded'.
    The assistants you mentioned have far better external applications than Bixby and Cortana is on the way out. I think of Bixby as more of an assistant to handle phone features, ie. adjusting volume, reminders, etc. Use Bixby for doing things on the phone and Google Assistant for everything else.
    acs326, Laura Knotek and j_hansen like this.
    12-04-2019 08:32 AM