12-13-2019 03:29 PM
28 12
tools
    So way back then, I was a BlackBerry user up til the Passport, then switch to Samsung S series phones, then eventually switched to the Note series.

I want to check out the Pixel, but I'm not sure how the transition is gonna be like. Never had a Pixel phone before, not sure what to expect.

Anyone else has done this transition?
    12-03-2019 02:45 PM
    Why on earth would you even consider downgrading to an ugly Plexi phone
    kj11 likes this.
    12-03-2019 03:18 PM
    Ist like going from a Tesla to a Camry. You'll miss the note very very soon
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-03-2019 03:36 PM
    @mustang7757 has both. Maybe he can weigh in.
    mustang7757 and amyf27 like this.
    12-03-2019 03:59 PM
    I do have them both
    The pixel 4 xl or pixel in general are different experience , it's pretty close to no bloat ,stock Android experience , I think the pixel 4xl is the best pixel to date . If you like features which Note 10+ then that's the way to go and the SPen a very handy tool. I believe the Note 10+ is the best all around phone but I do love pixel phones and can't break from that .
    msm0511, amyf27, Bkdodger1 and 1 others like this.
    12-03-2019 04:18 PM
    There's something special about the Pixel line. Yes they are missing a lot of standard amenities, but they're extremely smooth and the camera is hard to beat. Here's pictures from my Note 10+ and Pixel 4 XL. There's a very clear difference. From Samsung Note 10+ to Pixel 4 XL-20191128_134111.jpegFrom Samsung Note 10+ to Pixel 4 XL-00100trportrait_00100_burst20191128134146531_cover.jpeg
    ken2ts likes this.
    12-03-2019 04:33 PM
    I'd like to think I'd miss the S Pen, but I'm not a heavy S Pen user anyway.
    Also, I have a PixelBook, and I feel like it would be a better experience if I have a Pixel with my PixelBook.

Though to some other replies I've seen - is it really a "downgrade"?
    goji26 likes this.
    12-03-2019 04:37 PM
    Wow - talk about difference!
    goji26 likes this.
    12-03-2019 04:37 PM
    Also, I have a PixelBook, and I feel like it would be a better experience if I have a Pixel with my PixelBook.

It depends on what is important to you. Samsung adds a lot of features to their phones that some consider bloat, and others consider invaluable tools. Personally I wouldn't buy a Pixel. I just don't care for them b/c I don't like Google apps so I'd have to replace them all. Others love Google apps. If I were you I'd sit down and really think about what features you use on your phone the most. If those features are Samsung features I'd stick with a Samsung phone. If they're baked into Android then a Pixel might work well for you. That should help you make up your mind. Good luck!
    Bkdodger1, srgonu, ken2ts and 2 others like this.
    12-03-2019 04:42 PM

I don't think of it like that , it's what you want out of the device . Tell u the truth I can be fine with a mid-range phone today . I had the pixel 3a to see how I would like it and it was terrific phone for it's price , lacked stuff but great device.
    12-03-2019 04:59 PM
    I don't think of it like that , it's what you want out of the device . Tell u the truth I can be fine with a mid-range phone today . I had the pixel 3a to see how I would like it and it was terrific phone for it's price , lacked stuff but great device.
    You could be fine with 2 cups and a string, and a Polaroid camera
    12-03-2019 05:15 PM
    From Samsung Note 10+ to Pixel 4 XL-giphy8.jpg
    Bkdodger1 and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 05:21 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy8.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	313792
    The one with the hat is Stang
    msm0511 and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 05:23 PM
    The one with the hat is Stang
    LMFAO
    12-03-2019 05:26 PM
    U know me too well
    12-03-2019 05:27 PM
    Wow - talk about difference!
    If you get a chance play with both them like at Best buy get the feel for pixel phone see what you think
    ken2ts and goji26 like this.
    12-03-2019 05:31 PM
    I have them both as well I agree I think the Samsung Note 10 plus is the best phone but at the same time I enjoyed the Pixel and it's experience and I think it has different things that are attractive to me I always use all the Google apps on any phone so it's a lot easier for me but I also enjoy all the extras that Samsung has to offer
    ken2ts and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 06:55 PM
    Have both. Like others stated they are two different experiences. But are great and depends what you're looking for in a device. If you're looking for the best features the go with the Note10. If you just want a great phone that does all the basics right then go with the Pixel 4.
    ken2ts, Bkdodger1 and mustang7757 like this.
    12-03-2019 07:06 PM
    I also have both and I switch back and forth alot LOL, really just depends on your preference. The cameras are both great but I find myself using my Pixel 4 XL more for photos.
    Bkdodger1 and ken2ts like this.
    12-05-2019 12:35 AM
    So way back then, I was a BlackBerry user up til the Passport, then switch to Samsung S series phones, then eventually switched to the Note series.

I want to check out the Pixel, but I'm not sure how the transition is gonna be like. Never had a Pixel phone before, not sure what to expect.

Anyone else has done this transition?
    It's all up to if you like just pure android. No One UI. Its actually not bad. It can get a bit boring because in my opinion, they dont have any cool features like the Samsung series or any other android phones, but you get less bugs and you also get updates about once a month. I've been on Android 10 for months now on my Pixel and Samsung's are just starting to roll out with Android 10 on top of their One UI 2 update. But since I have a carrier version Note itll be a bit longer for the update.
    12-05-2019 10:58 AM
    While you can compare software, camera, price, ecosystem and operating system to an extent, there is one reason that stands out for me as to why I will always choose the Pixel over the Samsung...updates. With all the hacking and cyber attacks going on today, it is extremely important to me that my phone's operating system and apps get updated as soon as possible. Google updates the Pixel line every month with new security patches and software updates. While I understand no phone is completely secure, it's a bit more comforting to me to know that my Pixel 4 XL has the latest updates and that I'm not waiting weeks, months or even years to receive what in most cases is a vitally important security patch or software update. My Samsung Galaxy Tab hasn't received any updates since March 2019. I only use it to play games now as I have 0% trust in it being anywhere near secure enough to even handle my emails. If Samsung would ever just allow Google to update the OS without having to incorporate their UI interface, I might consider switching to a Samsung phone. But, until then, I'll stick with the more secure Pixel.
    B_Chadwick Ware likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:32 AM
    While you can compare software, camera, price, ecosystem and operating system to an extent, there is one reason that stands out for me as to why I will always choose the Pixel over the Samsung...updates. With all the hacking and cyber attacks going on today, it is extremely important to me that my phone's operating system and apps get updated as soon as possible. Google updates the Pixel line every month with new security patches and software updates. While I understand no phone is completely secure, it's a bit more comforting to me to know that my Pixel 4 XL has the latest updates and that I'm not waiting weeks, months or even years to receive what in most cases is a vitally important security patch or software update. My Samsung Galaxy Tab hasn't received any updates since March 2019. I only use it to play games now as I have 0% trust in it being anywhere near secure enough to even handle my emails. If Samsung would ever just allow Google to update the OS without having to incorporate their UI interface, I might consider switching to a Samsung phone. But, until then, I'll stick with the more secure Pixel.
    That is a common argument in the tech community without any apparent statistical evidence to back it up. What studies have shown that Pixel phones have been less vulnerable to attacks compared to Galaxy Note or S phones (or other flagship phones)?
    12-09-2019 11:22 AM
    I have enjoyed the Pixel 3xl, haven't used the Pixel 4 but now I have been using the Note 10+ for 2 months now and wow I am now a Samsung fanboy! I have it set up mostly with Google in the driver's seat; Google assistant, Google maps, Google photos and Samsung in the passenger seat; Bixby monitoring my work stuff, Samsung S notes and BlackBerry's Hub Inbox for emails and wow this phone is awesome! The only thing I miss with the Pixel is Google screen call when telemarketers call me. Other than that I'm enjoying the S pen, big 6.8in screen, big battery, wide angle camera, and the 91% screen to body ratio design. I recommend this phone!!
    wbcolon likes this.
    12-09-2019 02:59 PM
    It's all up to if you like just pure android. No One UI. Its actually not bad. It can get a bit boring because in my opinion, they dont have any cool features like the Samsung series or any other android phones, but you get less bugs and you also get updates about once a month. I've been on Android 10 for months now on my Pixel and Samsung's are just starting to roll out with Android 10 on top of their One UI 2 update. But since I have a carrier version Note itll be a bit longer for the update.
    I transitioned too from the BlackBerry passport but to the Pixel to Samsung Note. I can't look back now! Espwith ONEUI on the 12GB Note 10+. Wow!!
    12-09-2019 03:01 PM
    So far the note series has been keeping up with the security patches. Will that last, who knows. Pixels are great, but so is the Note series. A lot of reviewers and tech fans will say the note 10 is the best phone on the market. Not many would say that about any Pixel. Camera, stock android and updates is what pixel fans always point to. Well the note has a great still camera, and its shots aren't "doctored" as much as the pixel's Also the video recording (sound) on the note is far superior IMO.
    12-13-2019 12:00 AM
28 12