I finally got around to getting smart lock with trusted places working at home. I want to be able to tell google to turn on the TV and I am also getting some outlets so i can control my floor lamps.

i got up this morning and went to the living room and said ok google turn on the TV. My phone woke up and there was a notification that smart lock wouldn't work because I hadn't used my phone in 4 hours. It worked fine after i used my fingerprint to open it the first time.

Is there away to get out of this 4 hours of inactivity?

I'm thinking it may just be easier to get an echo dot or a google home mini. (both are 25 bucks right now)
    TodaySteve likes this.
    12-05-2019 09:30 AM
    Yup, that's how Smart Lock works. No way around it on the phone, unfortunately, other than using automation apps to keep your phone 'awake', say, every hour or two.
    Borgie and sweetypie31 like this.
    12-05-2019 10:55 AM
    Bixby unlock with your voice maybe
    12-05-2019 02:57 PM
    That's the reason? I really hate that every morning I have to reset my trusted place. It doesn't work again right after I unlock it, which I have to put in my code because the fingerprint reader is crap to unlock the phone, works great fortunately to open programs. Very fed up with smart lock.
    12-05-2019 10:13 PM
    That's the reason? I really hate that every morning I have to reset my trusted place. It doesn't work again right after I unlock it, which I have to put in my code because the fingerprint reader is crap to unlock the phone, works great fortunately to open programs. Very fed up with smart lock.
    Screenshot:Smart lock stops working after 4 hours of phone inactivity?-20191206_002344.jpeg
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-06-2019 12:24 AM
    How do you restart your trusted place? This has been an issue with Smart Lock for a couple years now....not working at all after a day or two. I'm at home all day and unless I have a Bluetooth connected, I'm having to unlock the phone every single time I go to use it-horribly annoying!!

I would love to 'restart' it each morning so it worked throughout my day.

Thnx in advance
    12-06-2019 09:55 AM
    How do you restart your trusted place? This has been an issue with Smart Lock for a couple years now....not working at all after a day or two. I'm at home all day and unless I have a Bluetooth connected, I'm having to unlock the phone every single time I go to use it-horribly annoying!!

I would love to 'restart' it each morning so it worked throughout my day.

Thnx in advance
    Restarting the phone usually re-enables Smart Lock location for me.
    12-06-2019 10:29 AM
    Problem solved. Got a google nest mini
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-07-2019 12:36 PM
    Those are so cheap and practically being given away for free in everything now. Good choice!
    12-07-2019 03:33 PM
    Those are so cheap and practically being given away for free in everything now. Good choice!
    Its actually a pretty slick little device. Setup was super easy, you can do a ton of things with it. Routines were easy to set up. And it sounds surprisingly decent playing music for a little speaker. Sounds better than my TV speakers.
    12-07-2019 07:57 PM
    Price-wise it wouldn't matter now since Boogle is desperate to sell their inventory and 'new' branding (although according to the latest numbers, most analysts agree that it isn't looking pretty for Boogle hardware when it comes to smart speakers, but that's a different thread), but I'm reaaaally bummed Insignia stopped selling theirs. Sure, they're a bit bulkier, but they had AMAZING sound for the price (at the time prior to 'dying', 20 bucks for the small one and 30-35 for the bigger one which also has a 6-hour battery!). The small one sounded like Google Home, and the big one sounded like a Home Max. And both came with a clock/weather display. I'm glad they're still being supported and updated, but man I wish I had gotten more if I knew they would stop selling them! I have a mini and a 'small' Insignia one in one room and the difference is night and day.
    12-07-2019 11:23 PM