I just upgraded to the Note 10 from N9 and so far I'm enjoying it (the size is just perfect for my petite hands). I only have 2 major issues with it. My biggest issue is with the FPS. It's driving me nuts, I can't register any fingerprints no matter how hard I press or leave it on, as I speak my fingers are sore from trying repeatedly. It's a big issue for me cos that's my preferred security method and I need it for Samsung pass as well instead of having to sign in every single time apps and websites. I hate having to enter password every single time I pick up my phone, it's driving me crazy and face unlock is unreliable at best.
    Another issue I'm pissed with is the display quality, looks like a watered down version when I compare it to my N9. I loved the 9 for the headset jack, memory card, fast fps response and awesome display. With the N10 I'm feeling underwhelmed to be honest. I chose the 10 over the 10+ strictly because of the size.
    Pls any proven tips on how to resolve fps? I've watched videos on youtube but so far none has worked.
    12-05-2019 10:23 AM
    I just upgraded to the Note 10 from N9 and so far I'm enjoying it (the size is just perfect for my petite hands). I only have 2 major issues with it. My biggest issue is with the FPS. It's driving me nuts, I can't register any fingerprints no matter how hard I press or leave it on, as I speak my fingers are sore from trying repeatedly. It's a big issue for me cos that's my preferred security method and I need it for Samsung pass as well instead of having to sign in every single time apps and websites. I hate having to enter password every single time I pick up my phone, it's driving me crazy and face unlock is unreliable at best.
    Another issue I'm pissed with is the display quality, looks like a watered down version when I compare it to my N9. I loved the 9 for the headset jack, memory card, fast fps response and awesome display. With the N10 I'm feeling underwhelmed to be honest. I chose the 10 over the 10+ strictly because of the size.
    Pls any proven tips on how to resolve fps? I've watched videos on youtube but so far none has worked.
    Maybe use some lotion might help for fingerprint , and for display try changing it to vivid if it's on natural
    12-05-2019 10:36 AM
    FPS on Note10 series is a tragedy. I'm using a Note10+ and still suffer with it, too. Granted it became better since that specific FPS update, one month ago, but it's still ages behind anything that can be called "reliable". The thing is so serious that even Samsung is seriously considering ditching the ultrasonic technology for good, as rumours are stating. For me this simple decision would me consider upgrading for Note11 when it'll be released. But I'm afraid that's nothing you can do to really solve the issue, you can only minimize it.
    12-05-2019 11:03 AM
    Maybe use some lotion might help for fingerprint , and for display try changing it to vivid if it's on natural
    I'll need an ice pack for my fingers at this rate lol. I've changed the display to vivid but doesn't do much for me tbh. Side by side the N9's display looks way better to me.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-05-2019 11:33 AM
    FPS on Note10 series is a tragedy. I'm using a Note10+ and still suffer with it, too. Granted it became better since that specific FPS update, one month ago, but it's still ages behind anything that can be called "reliable". The thing is so serious that even Samsung is seriously considering ditching the ultrasonic technology for good, as rumours are stating. For me this simple decision would me consider upgrading for Note11 when it'll be released. But I'm afraid that's nothing you can do to really solve the issue, you can only minimize it.
    Phew, that sucks! I hope Sammy does something soon. I hate the fact I can't use Samsung pass biometrics, ****ty move Samsung.
    12-05-2019 11:35 AM
    I'll need an ice pack for my fingers at this rate lol. I've changed the display to vivid but doesn't do much for me tbh. Side by side the N9's display looks way better to me.
    Yeah some have struggled with the new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor unfortunately I dont have my Note 9 anymore but from what I remember it was more punchier the color calibration on the screen as the Note 10+ is toned down a little more
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    12-05-2019 11:37 AM
    Three (*edit*) words of advice if you having issues with the fingerprint sensor:
    1. Make sure you have scanned each finger you intend to use twice.
    2. Go to display settings and flip on the "Touch Sensitivity" toggle
    3. If you are still having issues remove the screen protector.
    12-05-2019 11:41 AM
    Two words of advice if you having issues with the fingerprint sensor:
    For me point no.3 makes the most difference...
    dendron01 and kevinpleasants like this.
    12-05-2019 11:45 AM
    Agreed. That's the only option left to try now cos I tried the other 2 options. I'm just nervous about damaging my screen ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    12-05-2019 11:52 AM
    Oops....just realized I said have said 3 words. Haha
    12-05-2019 11:59 AM
    Personally I find it just a bad joke to obligate us to remove or screen protectors in order to have a proper working device. So, then, the screen scratches and, at the time to sell it or change it for a new one in the Samsung upgrade program they value it lower because of that. I won't remove it, I'm still using the original one that came with my Note.
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    12-05-2019 11:59 AM
    Personally I find it just a bad joke to obligate us to remove or screen protectors in order to have a proper working device. So, then, the screen scratches and, at the time to sell it or change it for a new one in the Samsung upgrade program they value it lower because of that. I won't remove it, I'm still using the original one that came with my Note.
    Samsung upgrade program or any trade in only care about if the screen is cracked or not. No one bothers if there are scratches on the screen.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-05-2019 12:02 PM
    I've had mine off for months. I don't have any scratches except perhaps some micro scratches I practically need a magnifying glass to see.

My phone is in my pocket most of the time so its already fairly well protected. And a thin leather case for an anti slip grip. For more dangerous outings I use an Otterbox Defender and holster clip which I find is more than adequate to keep the screen safe.

Plus the screen is so nice...doesn't do it justice to cover it up. Enjoy it!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-05-2019 12:03 PM
    I've had mine off for months. I don't have any scratches except perhaps some micro scratches I practically need a magnifying glass to see.

My phone is in my pocket most of the time so its already fairly well protected. And a thin leather case for an anti slip grip. For more dangerous outings I use an Otterbox Defender and holster clip which I find is more than adequate to keep the screen safe.

Plus the screen is so nice...doesn't do it justice to cover it up. Enjoy it!
    I have been not using screen protectors for probably 4 or 5 years now and never had a big issue with scratches. Sure if I keep it under direct bright light I can find micro scratches but day to day use I never see scratches. I also make sure I keep phones in my pocket where there are no other item.
    Personally I hate any kind of screen protector covering up look and feel of the beautiful screens.
    dendron01 and kevinpleasants like this.
    12-05-2019 12:23 PM
    I have been not using screen protectors for probably 4 or 5 years now and never had a big issue with scratches. Sure if I keep it under direct bright light I can find micro scratches but day to day use I never see scratches. I also make sure I keep phones in my pocket where there are no other item.
    Personally I hate any kind of screen protector covering up look and feel of the beautiful screens.
    Agreed! Myself, I actually went through a phase when I was experimenting with them including dome glass etc...then I finally realized why am I putting myself through this? First off the really good ones aren't cheap. Secondly, even the good ones make the phone look uglier. Thirdly the protectors themselves get damaged, or bubbles, or some features don't work as well with them on, etc. The day to day wear and tear is minimal anyway, as long as one is reasonably careful...why bother?
    bhatech and kevinpleasants like this.
    12-05-2019 12:33 PM
    Three (*edit*) words of advice if you having issues with the fingerprint sensor:
    Thanks. Removing the screen protector was the only way. FPS works beautifully, I only have to worry about drops and scratches now. Sigh.
    bhatech likes this.
    12-07-2019 12:25 PM
    Steps I would recommend:

1. Put lotion on your finger tips so they start to smoothen and soften while you do the rest of the steps.
    2. Take off factory screen protector.
    3. Turn on increased screen sensitivity.
    4. Erase any registered fingerprints.
    5. Reregister all fingerprints.
    6. Donate to my favorite charity ๐Ÿ‘
    iPhoneTHS and kevinpleasants like this.
    12-07-2019 01:40 PM
    Thanks. Removing the screen protector was the only way. FPS works beautifully, I only have to worry about drops and scratches now. Sigh.
    Woops. Should have read through all the responses first ๐Ÿ˜‚
    12-07-2019 01:42 PM
    I'm sorry about your fingers. I won't sell my Note 9 until the Note 11 has been out for some time. So I'm loving using both phones daily. I didn't even bother to LEARN the location of the Note 10 Plus FPS. I just double tap the screen and then press the FPS. "Open sesame" as Ali Baba said ๐Ÿ™‚. I hope you're not trying to register your fingerprints with a case on the phone?
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    12-07-2019 02:03 PM
    Woops. Should have read through all the responses first ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Haha no problem, thanks for your help. It's working fine now after removing the screen protector ๐Ÿ˜Š
    12-08-2019 01:42 AM
    I'm sorry about your fingers. I won't sell my Note 9 until the Note 11 has been out for some time. So I'm loving using both phones daily. I didn't even bother to LEARN the location of the Note 10 Plus FPS. I just double tap the screen and then press the FPS. "Open sesame" as Ali Baba said ๐Ÿ™‚. I hope you're not trying to register your fingerprints with a case on the phone?
    Hi Gbenro, thanks. I'm enjoying the Note 10 a lot now! Removing the screen protector resolved both issues I complained of, the screen resolution is awesome now. I'm not sad to let my N9 go, the size wasn't for me. I love the petite N10 and I hope I'll always have that size option for the note.

Ps: Are you in Nigeria too?
    12-08-2019 01:47 AM
    Hi Gbenro, thanks. I'm enjoying the Note 10 a lot now! Removing the screen protector resolved both issues I complained of, the screen resolution is awesome now. I'm not sad to let my N9 go, the size wasn't for me. I love the petite N10 and I hope I'll always have that size option for the note.

Ps: Are you in Nigeria too?
    Yep. I live in Lagos. I'm hoping the Note 11+ won't be larger than its predecessor. The prevailing rumor is that the S11+ will have a larger screen than the Note 10 Plus ๐Ÿ˜ฒโ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿคจ
    12-08-2019 03:15 AM