What has happened to my battery

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Cell signal can have a major impact. We should let that issue rest. You don't have to believe it, but it's a fact.

I don't dispute that some Samsung phones can have random battery drain issues -- but really, any phone can. It could be due to many reasons, including firmware glitches, hardware defects, a bad batch of batteries, poorly coded apps, etc.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I think if anyone is suffering abnormal battery drain issues with their phone, they should send it in for warranty repair or replacement, whether it is a Samsung or any other phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think if anyone is suffering abnormal battery drain issues with their phone, they should send it in for warranty repair or replacement, whether it is a Samsung or any other phone.
That's after all troubleshooting steps is tried first , what if the same situation happens with the replacement phone .

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That's after all troubleshooting steps is tried first , what if the same situation happens with the replacement phone .

It then means that the person owning the phone is a thick plank :)
Sorry, my point was more that if people are 100% convinced it's the phone then there is no point arguing about it on a web forum, send it in and have Samsung test it for faults, not everyone feels comfortable doing troubleshooting themselves

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It then means that the person owning the phone is a thick plank :)
Sorry, my point was more that if people are 100% convinced it's the phone then there is no point arguing about it on a web forum, send it in and have Samsung test it for faults, not everyone feels comfortable doing troubleshooting themselves
I agree , if they don't feel comfortable themselves have Carrier or the phone manufacturer try help . But you understand what I'm trying to say .

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree , if they don't feel comfortable themselves have Carrier or the phone manufacturer try help . But you understand what I'm trying to say .

Actually the carriers are often a better first port of call as Samsung themselves can be horrendous to deal with (I'm speaking from experience with my first Note 8)