Edge lighting not working after recent update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Note 10+ on Verizon. Just got the new update yesterday.

Edge lighting doesnt work anymore. The screen wakes up and goes straight to the A.O.D. screen and shows the icon of the app on the AOD. But no edge lighting...

Also, before, notifications would wake the screen and skip the A.O.D. Now it's not doing that either... I've looked through all the settings and cant find out how to fix this.

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
You can try resetting settings in settings>general managment>reset>reset settings .
I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Sorry I thought I was logged in... anyway... some apps were working with the edge lighting like Snapchat. However a lot of them still werent working.

I did a factory reset and still those apps that werent working, are still not working. But what's more annoying to me is the verizon message+ app used to wake the screen when I got a text. Now I just get the message icon on my A.O.D. screen and nothing else. So that's really annoying because it used to go right to the lock screen and I could see a preview of the message.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I thought I was logged in... anyway... some apps were working with the edge lighting like Snapchat. However a lot of them still werent working.

I did a factory reset and still those apps that werent working, are still not working. But what's more annoying to me is the verizon message+ app used to wake the screen when I got a text. Now I just get the message icon on my A.O.D. screen and nothing else. So that's really annoying because it used to go right to the lock screen and I could see a preview of the message.
You check if the other apps are toggled on in edge lighting? So after the AOD screen the lock screen doesn't show the preview when you tap it just icon there also?

Last edited:

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
It will show it on the lock screen yeah but I want the phone to wake up and go straight to the lock screen when the text comes in. Cause that's what it did all the time until this update yesterday.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It will show it on the lock screen yeah but I want the phone to wake up and go straight to the lock screen when the text comes in. Cause that's what it did all the time until this update yesterday.
I moved your thread to the Note 10 forum for better visibility.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so recap
Only the message app you need to get going now ?

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok so recap
Only the message app you need to get going now ?

Gmail and Verizon Message+ dont work with edge lighting. Verizon Message+ no longer wakes the screen and goes straight to the lock screen like it has in the past. It just vibrates for the notification and then shows the message icon on the AOD screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Gmail and Verizon Message+ dont work with edge lighting. Verizon Message+ no longer wakes the screen and goes straight to the lock screen like it has in the past. It just vibrates for the notification and then shows the message icon on the AOD screen.
Have you enable them in edge lighting?
Long press the message + all tap info then notifications check all the menus there some you might have to tap to get into another sub menu .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton