Live wallpapers no longer work after update

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's called live wallpapers. I have an image I selected for my background prior to the update, and when you move the phone, the icons are stationary and the background moves as you move the phone. Well, at least it used to until this update, and now it's just stationary and doesn't move at all.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This update giving lot of issues I've been seeing, have you tried to clear cache in recovery?
I'm not sure how to do that? Poked around, but can't see it. Does it have any side effects, like forgetting my app preferences, usernames and passwords, default apps, and such?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK guys. Tried both suggestions. Selected image again as home screen image, but that didn't work. Cleared the cache, and that didn't work. Tried setting the image again after clearing the cache, and that didn't work.

Not sure what else to try?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK guys. Tried both suggestions. Selected image again as home screen image, but that didn't work. Cleared the cache, and that didn't work. Tried setting the image again after clearing the cache, and that didn't work.

Not sure what else to try?
Try going to settings >general mangement>reset>reset settings

Doug Van Dorn

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Yeah it's not there either on mine motion , live wallpaper you can get into though.

I have an A71, and indeed, nothing I can do will make the animated wallpapers work since getting this new Android build. There are animated wallpapers in the Play store, as well as one in the new set of complimentary wallpapers, and in all cases they now all have little asterisked notes that say "on lock screen" whenever the animations are mentioned.

And yes, I can get any animated wallpaper, whether I made it out of a video or downloaded it from the Play store, to work perfectly. On the lock screen. Not on the main screen. There are options to click and such that show the basic support for applying animated wallpapers has not gone away, but they are suddenly non-functional. Pull up a short video in Gallery and try to select to make it your wallpaper -- the option is there, but you can mash it to your heart's content, nothing happens when you do.

I demand my phone have a static lock screen and an animated main wallpaper. It seems that the developers have decided that no one can have that, that no one could ever want that, and that we will take the reverse and ENJOY IT!!!

Tell me, do I have to junk this brand new Samsung phone and buy a 5-year-old Apple phone that will at least DO WHAT I TELL IT TO DO???!!! Since when did Android hire a bunch of ex-Microsoft executives who insist that everyone MUST use their systems they way THEY ARE TOLD??? With absolutely no room for, or acceptance of, personal preference?

Heavy, heavy sigh.

Is there any way possible to go back to the previous Android build, until the developers get their heads out of their butts and fix this one???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781