Not sure if this had been discussed elsewhere, but I keep getting silent notifications letting me know when an app is accessing my location. I'm thinking it only occurs once for each app, but I have a feeling it's going to keep popping up for a while. Anyone know how to shut it off?
    Attached Thumbnails Android 10 app location notifications-4327.jpg  
    01-08-2020 05:36 PM
    Hi, can go to settings >apps >3 dots upper right corner tap >go to permission >find weather channel allow for access only when open the app or none
    01-08-2020 05:43 PM
    Or swipe the notification a little to the left or right (it's different with different manufacturers, and I don't have a Samsung handy) and look for a "see less" or "turn off" or a gear. If you see the geat, tap it, and look for something to turn that notification off. (If the weather app is open, but in the background, which it usually is, you can still get the notification unless you turn it off.)
    01-08-2020 05:58 PM
    To be more clear, I am getting this kind of notification for many apps. I'm thinking it's slowly going to go through each one as it detects that am so had accessed the location. I want to globally turn this type of notification off.
    01-09-2020 03:58 AM
    To be more clear, I am getting this kind of notification for many apps. I'm thinking it's slowly going to go through each one as it detects that am so had accessed the location. I want to globally turn this type of notification off.
    I didn't see any way to turn off the notification. The only thing I could do is go to each of my apps and either turn location off or set it to only run when using app. That's the only way the notifications stopped for me.
    01-09-2020 06:00 AM
    Its new on 10. Part of the revised privacy and security stuff
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-09-2020 07:54 AM