So i was wondering. I have sweaty palms. And i have been using my Note 10+ mostly naked. How long would it take to corrode the phone bezels?
    01-13-2020 01:41 AM
    too late, there is already corrosion :-) seriously, corrode the phones bezels???? you cannot corrode glass.
    01-13-2020 05:27 AM
    I doubt you will have that problem but if it is a worry and you don't like using a slim case you could just use clear nail varnish on the frame once a week
    01-13-2020 05:36 AM
    too late, there is already corrosion :-) seriously, corrode the phones bezels???? you cannot corrode glass.
    The bezels aren't glass. Bezels. Not back.
    01-13-2020 05:58 AM
    I doubt you will have that problem but if it is a worry and you don't like using a slim case you could just use clear nail varnish on the frame once a week
    Once a week... Il just let it be then... But would Nano Coating for automobiles work? And just once? Not a weekly thing.
    01-13-2020 05:58 AM
    Once a week... Il just let it be then... But would Nano Coating for automobiles work? And just once? Not a weekly thing.
    Well, once a week is maybe a bit excessive lol
    01-13-2020 06:54 AM
    So i was wondering. I have sweaty palms. And i have been using my Note 10+ mostly naked. How long would it take to corrode the phone bezels?
    You're THE MAN !!!๐Ÿ˜‚
    01-13-2020 08:16 AM
    Well, once a week is maybe a bit excessive lol
    Yes hahaha. Cars in Indonesia can have up to 9 layers of Nano Ceramic... NINE layers... My car only has 1 layer... Dont see the need for 9 layers...
    01-13-2020 09:38 AM
    You're THE MAN !!!
    So im guessing you have been wondering too? xD
    01-13-2020 09:39 AM
    You should see a doc or derm pro for hyperhidrosis or whatever else it could be. You could try antiperspirant on palms.
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    01-13-2020 09:42 AM
    You should see a doc or derm pro for hyperhidrosis or whatever else it could be. You could try antiperspirant on palms.
    I do not want to be dependent on medicine or sprays... But thanks for the advice
    01-13-2020 09:48 AM
    This has nothing to do with your problem but I had to re-read your post because I couldn't figure out why you only use your phone naked. Then after I reread it I was like " oh he means he uses it with no case !". Lmao
    01-13-2020 11:31 AM
    I would imagine a very long time. It's an aluminum material with some type of coating. I'm not sure what the coating is, but it's unlikely to be very reactive. If you scratch the coating down to bare aluminum, the aluminum will likely oxidize and form a layer before corroding. Aluminum oxide is a very hard material that is naturally corrosion resistant. It would take some pretty strong corrosives to do any damage. I'd me more concerned with the phone slipping out of your hand when wet...
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    01-13-2020 11:55 AM
    Will never happen
    01-13-2020 12:19 PM
    Yes hahaha. Cars in Indonesia can have up to 9 layers of Nano Ceramic... NINE layers... My car only has 1 layer... Dont see the need for 9 layers...
    Salt. If you're near the ocean, and low, there's salt in the air. (Spray doesn't all evaporate, some of it atomizes and carries the salt with it. (Talk to people in Miami.)

Aluminum is also attacked by salt, but the aluminum oxide that forms on exposed aluminum is very hard, unlike rust, which is soft and powdery, so while the phone won't fall apart, it may take on a pitted look. A case won't stop that unless it's vacuum-sealed to the phone. If you're really worried, I'd look into some really good shop that puts that ceramic on cars and see if you can get them into a sideline - putting ceramic coating on phones (and let them use yours to "test" it - so you get a free coating).
    01-13-2020 04:05 PM
    This has nothing to do with your problem but I had to re-read your post because I couldn't figure out why you only use your phone naked. Then after I reread it I was like " oh he means he uses it with no case !". Lmao
    Yes... Use with no case. Not that i use the phone when im only naked xD
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    01-13-2020 06:02 PM
    Salt. If you're near the ocean, and low, there's salt in the air. (Spray doesn't all evaporate, some of it atomizes and carries the salt with it. (Talk to people in Miami.)

Aluminum is also attacked by salt, but the aluminum oxide that forms on exposed aluminum is very hard, unlike rust, which is soft and powdery, so while the phone won't fall apart, it may take on a pitted look. A case won't stop that unless it's vacuum-sealed to the phone. If you're really worried, I'd look into some really good shop that puts that ceramic on cars and see if you can get them into a sideline - putting ceramic coating on phones (and let them use yours to "test" it - so you get a free coating).
    Ah Ceramic Coating. I used to Ceramic my phones with Autotriz. But i didnt find it helpful(maybe because it didnt corrode). But ill give it a try. Because the bezels are kinda thin it might be a challenge.
    01-13-2020 06:04 PM
    So im guessing you have been wondering too? xD
    Nope. I'm just astounded at some of the questions the VESTIGES of your OCD comes up with !!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    01-14-2020 11:28 AM
    If it was the initial scenario such a person might encounter you professionally ๐Ÿ™‚
    01-14-2020 11:32 AM