On my wife's new Note 10+, I enabled the phone for "Require open eyes". But she later balked at this saying it takes more tries for the phone to recognize her face sometimes. So I dis-abled that feature, but she said the problem still persists for sometimes needing extra tries for facial recognition.

So I noticed an extra feature on top of the menu screen after doing Settings search for "Face recognition". There is an option to add an "alternative look". So I tapped that button and the phone scanned her face for adding an extra facial recognition in addition to the previous original scan. Sure enough, the "alternative look" feature works great for her. Now the phone responds more quickly for recognizing her face. She thinks the alternative look is turning out to be useful cuz the additional look is showing her face with-out makeup on.

I enabled the same "alternative look" feature on my own Note 10+ phone and also found it to work great. Seems to work better now in indoor low light too. And no, I don't wear make-up, LOL!
    01-15-2020 11:46 AM
    Awesome!!
    On my wife's new Note 10+, I enabled the phone for "Require open eyes". But she later balked at this saying it takes more tries for the phone to recognize her face sometimes. So I dis-abled that feature, but she said the problem still persists for sometimes needing extra tries for facial recognition.

So I noticed an extra feature on top of the menu screen after doing Settings search for "Face recognition". There is an option to add an "alternative look". So I tapped that button and the phone scanned her face for adding an extra facial recognition in addition to the previous original scan. Sure enough, the "alternative look" feature works great for her. Now the phone responds more quickly for recognizing her face. She thinks the alternative look is turning out to be useful cuz the additional look is showing her face with-out makeup on.

I enabled the same "alternative look" feature on my own Note 10+ phone and also found it to work great. Seems to work better now in indoor low light too. And no, I don't wear make-up, LOL!
    01-15-2020 06:29 PM

Thank you for this. Now i can have 2 looks. With and without glasses.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    01-16-2020 05:02 AM
    Thank you for this. Now i can have 2 looks. With and without glasses.
    Or with and with-out makeup on! :-)
    01-16-2020 12:07 PM
    My alternative look pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Face Recognition - "Alternative look" feature-alternative-look-pic.jpg  
    01-16-2020 12:22 PM
    Or with and with-out makeup on! :-)
    Hahahahahaha.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    01-16-2020 02:41 PM
    My alternative look pic...
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    01-16-2020 03:12 PM
    Is this new? I did not know this was a thing. This is why I come to the forums
    01-16-2020 07:09 PM
    Is this new? I did not know this was a thing. This is why I come to the forums
    Dunno. It's possible the alternative look is a new feature with the Android 10 update. If you don't have it, then update to Android 10. I personally dis-like Android 10 and wish I never did the firmware update. It's hard to find something you're looking for in the Settings app with the new Android 10 version. Downright frustrating.
    01-17-2020 11:36 AM