Hi folks. I had the Note 9 for over a year! Wow what an accomplishment lol. Still a good phone but the camera was lacking and I am a photographer so this camera impressed me. I have to say after using the phone for a day it's amazing.
    Do we need screen protectors on this? I heard it has a built in one but I can't tell.
    kevinpleasants and LadyEpic like this.
    01-15-2020 01:42 PM
    The built-in one is not very good and the finger print reader works best without one. I personally don't like screen protectors and if I do use one I like the anti glare ones best.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-15-2020 01:49 PM
    The one that it comes with pre installed is just a plastic film, first thing I did was rip it off and then set up my device, used with no screen protector since I got it in September and not a scratch on it
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-15-2020 03:38 PM
    Hi folks. I had the Note 9 for over a year! Wow what an accomplishment lol. Still a good phone but the camera was lacking and I am a photographer so this camera impressed me. I have to say after using the phone for a day it's amazing.
    Do we need screen protectors on this? I heard it has a built in one but I can't tell.
    Had the preinstalled screen protector on since launch, it has a few microscratches on it. But just yesterday noticed a little divit in it, driving me crazy! I know I am going to remove it, but can't bring my self to do it. LOL
    01-15-2020 07:25 PM
    I am rocking the original screen protector from day one and its performance has been nothing but stellar when I have dropped my note.
    01-15-2020 08:59 PM
    I am rocking the original screen protector from day one and its performance has been nothing but stellar when I have dropped my note.
    Same. I find the built in protector works great. I have had mine on since I received my phone a day or two before the launch date.

I find the fingerprint reader is working now better than ever. No problem with the built in SP.
    01-15-2020 09:09 PM
    The problem with the free screen protector is that... Its impossible to clean it...
    01-15-2020 10:04 PM
    I still have mine on. I figure I'll leave it there till I can't stand the scratches, as it's plastic so it's going to scratch. Most screen protectors aren't going to work good with the curved screen and a case, for some reason Samsung's cheap plastic one works fine, apparently the third party screen protectors can't duplicate the cheap Samsung factory installed one. Some also report bad performance of the finger print scanner with third party screen protectors. A lot of people say the white dome screen protector works the best, but there's complaints on that one also and it's expensive.

If you don't notice the installed screen protector, I would just run with it until you notice the scratches and can't stand them, just my opinion.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-16-2020 04:17 AM
    I mean no offense when I say this but I am really confused by how you claim to be a photographer and the camera really impressed you when it's essentially an identical camera. On paper it's not any better than the Note 9, although it may be an updated image sensor I'm not sure.

Personally as a photographer I've been disappointed in the fact the S7, Note 8, and Note 9 all shoot almost identical images. Note 10 camera left me with no reason to believe it would be better. Keep in mind I mostly shoot RAW and edit the files myself rather than use auto.

What's so much better about this camera? I'm curious to know photographer to photographer what you find better about it.
    Tigrisan likes this.
    01-16-2020 04:38 AM
    I still have mine on. I figure I'll leave it there till I can't stand the scratches, as it's plastic so it's going to scratch. Most screen protectors aren't going to work good with the curved screen and a case, for some reason Samsung's cheap plastic one works fine, apparently the third party screen protectors can't duplicate the cheap Samsung factory installed one. Some also report bad performance of the finger print scanner with third party screen protectors. A lot of people say the white dome screen protector works the best, but there's complaints on that one also and it's expensive.

If you don't notice the installed screen protector, I would just run with it until you notice the scratches and can't stand them, just my opinion.
    Thanks!
    01-17-2020 03:25 AM
    I mean no offense when I say this but I am really confused by how you claim to be a photographer and the camera really impressed you when it's essentially an identical camera. On paper it's not any better than the Note 9, although it may be an updated image sensor I'm not sure.

Personally as a photographer I've been disappointed in the fact the S7, Note 8, and Note 9 all shoot almost identical images. Note 10 camera left me with no reason to believe it would be better. Keep in mind I mostly shoot RAW and edit the files myself rather than use auto.

What's so much better about this camera? I'm curious to know photographer to photographer what you find better about it.
    Valid question. Well maybe the camera on the Note 9 was defective because it wasn't that great. I love the colors and contrast from the Note 10 plus.
    01-17-2020 03:27 AM
    The factory screen protector has the cutout for the front facing camera so you should be able to see and feel if there is one if you run your finger over the camera. It's pretty obvious if it's there, if not it will just be continuous and smooth right across the camera.
    01-17-2020 09:11 AM
    Valid question. Well maybe the camera on the Note 9 was defective because it wasn't that great. I love the colors and contrast from the Note 10 plus.
    I am by no means a professional photographer, bit I so feel the note10 camera is a massive improvement compared to the note 9. Especially the wide angle lens is awesome. Picture quality also feels to be better.
    01-17-2020 12:35 PM
    I am by no means a professional photographer, bit I so feel the note10 camera is a massive improvement compared to the note 9. Especially the wide angle lens is awesome. Picture quality also feels to be better.
    I agree!
    01-17-2020 01:45 PM
    I also do photography. I have "real" cameras and lenses, LOL! My Note 10+ camera is definitely better versus my previous Samsung S9.

As for the built-in screen protector, I like it. Works well and I don't even notice it. I would advise to keep it on.
    01-17-2020 02:57 PM
    I also do photography. I have "real" cameras and lenses, LOL! My Note 10+ camera is definitely better versus my previous Samsung S9.

As for the built-in screen protector, I like it. Works well and I don't even notice it. I would advise to keep it on.
    Thanks! Will do.
    01-17-2020 08:34 PM