I purchased a N10+ 5G on T-Mobile to replace my pixel. One of the reasons I opted for 5G over the standard N10+ was for the better reception in doors. I fully understand I wont get the crazy fast speeds, but thought I would have a better signal indoors. However, I noticed a problem, I apparently never connect to 5G even though it shows 5G on the phone and full bars. Every speed test I do, it stays on LTE and only once I captured 5G. The T-Mobile coverage map shows my area is fully covered, thinking about exchanging for the non 5G and save some money. Anyone else have this problem? Now I do get better reception than my pixel 4XL did, but kinda disappointing spending the extra cash if my phone rarely connects to 5G. Any Note 10+ 5g users have this issue?-screenshot_20200116-190322_gallery.jpeg
    01-16-2020 08:04 PM
    The problem it's not fully spread out yet 5g even though the maps say its covered, I wouldn't return it back for that if you keep it once its fully deployed your ahead of the game
    01-16-2020 08:07 PM
    True, just odd that in my building at work, it connected to 5G once (that I captured, I suppose I could be on 5G more than that) but hasn't since. Also, if I'm really running on LTE, why does the phone show 5G. I do really love the phone, more than I thought I would, I was skeptical but man the display is gorgeous. Also a big fan of the squared design, hate how everything has to be rounded these days.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2020 08:16 PM
    I have the same phone on the same network, and I have the same problem.

I thought about exchanging it but decided to keep it.....for now.

The phone is larger than I like, the screen is first rate and the rest of the phone is excellent. But, I'm getting tired of being both Google and Samsung's target for data collection and ad pushing/targeting. I'm considering moving away from Samsung and possibly even Android sometime later this year. I'm really thinking about and wondering if I could tolerate and live within the Apple walked garden.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2020 08:17 PM
    I have the same phone on the same network, and I have the same problem.

I thought about exchanging it but decided to keep it.....for now.

The phone is larger than I like, the screen is first rate and the rest of the phone is excellent. But, I'm getting tired of being both Google and Samsung's target for data collection and ad pushing/targeting. I'm considering moving away from Samsung and possibly even Android sometime later this year. I'm really thinking about and wondering if I could tolerate and live within the Apple walked garden.
    That's why I keep my Samsung, google,apple,one plus phones lol bounce between the 4
    01-16-2020 08:19 PM
    Its disappointing for sure, hopefully it gets better. I carry both an iPhone (11 pro, the smaller of the 2) and then an android variant. I've been using the pixel 4 xl, great phone but kinda lackluster. Always wanted to try a Note out but havn't until now, really loving it. I thought the phone was going to be too big as well but because it's so light, its comfortable to use.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2020 08:21 PM
    Ha, I havnt sold my pixel yet, the geek in me wants to keep all 3 but my wife is starting to give me funny looks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2020 08:22 PM
    Ha, I havnt sold my pixel yet, the geek in me wants to keep all 3 but my wife is starting to give me funny looks
    Hahaha ...I know that look I get same from mine
    01-16-2020 08:24 PM
    I purchased a N10+ 5G on T-Mobile to replace my pixel. One of the reasons I opted for 5G over the standard N10+ was for the better reception in doors. I fully understand I wont get the crazy fast speeds, but thought I would have a better signal indoors. However, I noticed a problem, I apparently never connect to 5G even though it shows 5G on the phone and full bars. Every speed test I do, it stays on LTE and only once I captured 5G. The T-Mobile coverage map shows my area is fully covered, thinking about exchanging for the non 5G and save some money. Anyone else have this problem? Now I do get better reception than my pixel 4XL did, but kinda disappointing spending the extra cash if my phone rarely connects to 5G. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200116-190322_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	315542
    That's a weird issue... the carriers are always full of hype and bs marketing... at&t's 5g isn't really 5g, the other carriers are using a lower frequency for their 5g which is slower... Verizon although sticking with the technology for the highest speeds us going to have to put transmitters something like 50 feet apart so it'll take forever to get good coverage. So it'll take years for anyone to really benefit from true 5g. Attached is a screen shot for fun... I use Verizon... even thought it looks impressive it's nearly impossible to find a place that has this 5g.... and also if it's so great then why is the freaking upload so slow at the same time... LOL
    01-17-2020 01:41 AM
    I have the 5G antenna box thing right outside my bedroom window but my carrier/provider can't tell when they will actually flick the switch for my area, 2 miles up the road I can get over 300mbps on 5G LOL
    01-17-2020 03:16 AM
    I have the 5G antenna box thing right outside my bedroom window but my carrier/provider can't tell when they will actually flick the switch for my area, 2 miles up the road I can get over 300mbps on 5G LOL
    Well you can be frustrated you don't have it now, then when you get it you can look forward to you body getting the related excessive radiation!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-17-2020 03:20 AM
    Well you can be frustrated you don't have it now, then when you get it you can look forward to you body getting the related excessive radiation!
    You only get that if you believe in that BS so I'm safe :-)
    01-17-2020 04:02 AM