My Note 10+ funny dilemma

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Very true... But at the rate samsung {and other manufacturers} are creating notes and larger phones... I want to neat and clean look for a years to.come
Maybe you can work with a car manufacturer to design an interior that will accomodate your current phone requirements and in turn make sure the design is future proofed.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think Ford sucks at making their phone holders and wireless charges in their vehicles. My buddy got a fully loaded F150 a year ago and has the same issue. He ended up going from an iPhone XS Max to an regular size iPhone 11 Pro just so it can fit.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think Ford sucks at making their phone holders and wireless charges in their vehicles. My buddy got a fully loaded F150 a year ago and has the same issue. He ended up going from an iPhone XS Max to an regular size iPhone 11 Pro just so it can fit.
Ford isn't the only one.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just leased a Grand Cherokee Limited 2020 my note doesn't fit either. Love the car have a dash mount. Not a problem here. 20200101_155057.jpeg

tcronin89

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I am admittedly I am a NOTE fan to my core. With that said I am looking for a New truck namely a 2020 Ford Explorer ST. The truck is magnificently set up all around with 2 exceptions that may have be a deal breaker.
1. the vertical phone holder is barely wide enough to hold my N10+ with a thin case such as the Caseology Skyfall... Which is a very thin case...
2. The horizontal wireless charger is to short / small... The N10+ is too long and will not fit!
While this may seem trivial to some it has turned out to be a Deal breaker for me... The pic (wireless charger) Below is a stock photo

Yep that's my dilemma.... //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/587969ec5d729c8260b655dd07aee16c.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/18d96ea05e2be62641114cc3b505fa2b.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/18055cc57812a7fa31d76bd51c07d4dc.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/cf0bb33cdcd9ff80cfaebad07bbc376f.jpg

My 2017 Tahoe has a charger on top of the center console that my wife's S9 barely fits into and I wouldn't trade that truck for anything especially my phone!

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So I recently purchased a BMW X5 and like OP an important requirement was the wireless charger. My Note fitted perfectly so all was well in my world. The next day I noticed my phone was not charging so waited until my next visit to the dealer to inquire. Turns out mine is equipped with an NFC reader for the key card instead of a wireless charger. Was not very happy however I love every other thing about the car.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The auto industry does a decent job of creating information sheets on what phones will fit what models along with charging specs when it comes to wireless charging. Most people assess what trim level suits their needs and budget before they buy, and wireless charging and device placement should be a factor in the trim level.

Consider there are tens of thousands of people that spend all day every day in their vehicles and use it as an office. Convenient management of laptops and other personal devices IS important, I would think.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The auto industry does a decent job of creating information sheets on what phones will fit what models along with charging specs when it comes to wireless charging. Most people assess what trim level suits their needs and budget before they buy, and wireless charging and device placement should be a factor in the trim level.

Consider there are tens of thousands of people that spend all day every day in their vehicles and use it as an office. Convenient management of laptops and other personal devices IS important, I would think.
I don't think they are priorities for everyone and not everyone has a device that supports wireless charging. For me wireless charging would be a negative in a car because I use Android Auto almost every time I'm in the car. When Android Auto supports a wireless connection I might feel differently.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they are priorities for everyone and not everyone has a device that supports wireless charging. For me wireless charging would be a negative in a car because I use Android Auto almost every time I'm in the car. When Android Auto supports a wireless connection I might feel differently.
I use wireless carplay and it's so convenient. I enter my car and place my phone on the wireless charging mount and boom I'm set. Surprised Android auto doesn't support it, is it Android auto or the car doesn't support it? I know with wireless carplay not every car supports it even though it supports wired carplay.
I also wish my car supported both Android auto and car play so that I can use them whenever I switch daily drivers every often. Not supporting Android auto sometimes makes me keep my iPhone as daily driver longer

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I use wireless carplay and it's so convenient. I enter my car and place my phone on the wireless charging mount and boom I'm set. Surprised Android auto doesn't support it, is it Android auto or the car doesn't support it? I know with wireless carplay not every car supports it even though it supports wired carplay.
I also wish my car supported both Android auto and car play so that I can use them whenever I switch daily drivers every often. Not supporting Android auto sometimes makes me keep my iPhone as daily driver longer

Android Auto has the ability but I think only aftermarket head units are compatible or at least it was that way. I'm surprised your car doesn't have android auto....I thought all cars that have it have both. I have navigation built into the car but the real time traffic isn't anywhere near Android Auto.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Android Auto has the ability but I think only aftermarket head units are compatible or at least it was that way. I'm surprised your car doesn't have android auto....I thought all cars that have it have both. I have navigation built into the car but the real time traffic isn't anywhere near Android Auto.
Yeah I have navigation built in as well but it's no way near as good as Google maps in real time traffic routing or general maps.

I don't know about recent cars but it's been mostly a mess on what cars have Android auto vs car play vs both etc.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

It happens that my late model GM truck supports both. Regarding esthetics Apple does provide a much more refined experience than Android. I'm a little surprised or maybe not, that there's such disparity between the two.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm at the stage I can't be arsed with cars. Went down the lease route for both of them. Hand them back, get a new one. Rinse and repeat.

I think that's what I will do next time as well but I paid 750 quid for my last car, a Hyundai Sonata 2003 and it lasted me 4 years, then I gave it to the the dealer for 80 quid and handed him another 800 for my 2005 Hyundai Coupe, only needed a brake light bulb to go through the annual test :)

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I recently purchased a BMW X5 and like OP an important requirement was the wireless charger. My Note fitted perfectly so all was well in my world. The next day I noticed my phone was not charging so waited until my next visit to the dealer to inquire. Turns out mine is equipped with an NFC reader for the key card instead of a wireless charger. Was not very happy however I love every other thing about the car.
Dang.....

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
True.... That would be great