I see no use for it, it seemed like a big deal at first but I see no practical uses. I 3d scanned a figurine once and then never used it again.... Are there any real uses for it?
    01-22-2020 09:21 AM
    Those are real uses. Might not be the ones YOU use all the time, but it's pretty real. Now, for apps that actually take advantage of those, that's another story. The sensor is used to more accurately map a 3D environment, so AR applications would be where this could shine, but at present, not a lot of devs have delved into actually using the sensor (not even sure Samsung has an API or not for that), so right now you can use it for Samsung's AR apps like Air Doodles or AR Emoji. And, of course, the 3D scanner, which if used correctly, can be used to even replicate objects in a 3D Printer.

This also more accurately allows for selectively blurring backgrounds and adding effects to pictures, including depth information that is stored within the image to further process post-shoot.
    01-22-2020 09:43 AM
    I see no use for it, it seemed like a big deal at first but I see no practical uses. I 3d scanned a figurine once and then never used it again.... Are there any real uses for it?
    You can measure with it.... Not 100% accurate but better than guessing...
    Xxwabbit likes this.
    01-22-2020 10:50 AM