Android 10 upgrade regrets?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since Android 10 was released. Now that everyone has had a chance to really get into it, do you wish that you were back on 9?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It's been a while since Android 10 was released. Now that everyone has had a chance to really get into it, do you wish that you were back on 9?

I've been putting together a list since I got Android 10 on January 14th.

Rants:
1. Clunkier animations.
2. Freezes/pauses a lot.
3. Multiple touches required at times to register.
4. Apps visibly crash a lot more often Google Docs).
5. DND will turn on at the scheduled time, but will not turn off at the scheduled time if it is toggled manually sometime in between.
6. Good Lock unit apps are missing and family apps are buggy.
7. Don't care much for gestures at this point. Nova's + Good Lock (one hand +) are good enough for me (if they work 100%).
8. Gcam doesn't exit properly. Force stop required.
9. Task switcher: Clunky. Drops frames every single time.
10. Removed 3rd party app access to data usage by SIM card (in dual SIM phones)
11. Heads-up notifications cannot be expanded in place anymore.
12. Setting custom tones is more convoluted. They do not appear under media storage, even after using them once.
13. Out-of-region Samsung Pay MST payments still don't work.

Raves (Improvements):
1. Sharing menu speed
2. Camera viewfinder has toggle button for motion pictures.
3. Multiple wallpapers are back.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Never ever I wish to go back to an older version

Need the update day one asap and always have loved new updates (it's like candy for kids). Till now not regretted updates on any of my phones for over a decade

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I’m having no issues ...all is good . Also waiting on GoodLock... #hex is solid for my theme colors till then though ...

Last edited:

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could go back till good lock is updated. They say early February for South Korea, who knows for the states
I was missing Good Lock/Navistar so much that I did downgrade to Android 9/Pie. Good Lock apps really complete my setup. Only thing with downgrading is that you have to do a factory restore. OS 10 has too many different files & won't allow you to downgrade using Odin without restore. Not easy like just downgrading some firmware because even with a backup I still had a lot to re-set up. Looks like Navistar won't come with the initial Good Lock 2020 update.
https://ww.9to5google.com/1:bIS0dIN...T8zNEJxMaByMaJzM2ewc2RucH9kbz1icnSzc2mlMUFxMx

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Android 10 has been about perfect for me. Looking forward to getting Good Lock back, but other than that, it's been great. I was amazed at that laundry list of items in the post above. Other than Good Lock missing, I've had none of those issues. I realize some items are just personal preference though.

I actually prefer One UI 2 to the Pixel version of Android 10. Never thought I'd say that even though I've been a Samsung user for years.

rajhyd

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
For me it's been an improvement since last version.. the dark mode is a nice feature..small small additions like share data when i use the app permission is also a security feature..overall i see a better performance though there are few issues which are manageable and not too much to point..10 has been a thankful update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci