02-12-2020 01:36 PM
30 12
tools
    It's been a while since Android 10 was released. Now that everyone has had a chance to really get into it, do you wish that you were back on 9?
    01-23-2020 12:46 AM
    It's been a while since Android 10 was released. Now that everyone has had a chance to really get into it, do you wish that you were back on 9?
    I've been putting together a list since I got Android 10 on January 14th.

Rants:
    1. Clunkier animations.
    2. Freezes/pauses a lot.
    3. Multiple touches required at times to register.
    4. Apps visibly crash a lot more often Google Docs).
    5. DND will turn on at the scheduled time, but will not turn off at the scheduled time if it is toggled manually sometime in between.
    6. Good Lock unit apps are missing and family apps are buggy.
    7. Don't care much for gestures at this point. Nova's + Good Lock (one hand +) are good enough for me (if they work 100%).
    8. Gcam doesn't exit properly. Force stop required.
    9. Task switcher: Clunky. Drops frames every single time.
    10. Removed 3rd party app access to data usage by SIM card (in dual SIM phones)
    11. Heads-up notifications cannot be expanded in place anymore.
    12. Setting custom tones is more convoluted. They do not appear under media storage, even after using them once.
    13. Out-of-region Samsung Pay MST payments still don't work.

Raves (Improvements):
    1. Sharing menu speed
    2. Camera viewfinder has toggle button for motion pictures.
    3. Multiple wallpapers are back.
    Mattdels likes this.
    01-23-2020 02:12 AM
    Never ever I wish to go back to an older version

Need the update day one asap and always have loved new updates (it's like candy for kids). Till now not regretted updates on any of my phones for over a decade
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-23-2020 02:44 AM
    I think point 8 is hilarious....
    01-23-2020 03:28 AM
    no differences for me. use smart launcher and don't use gestures. guess I really did not need the update.
    01-23-2020 05:44 AM
    Wish I could go back till good lock is updated. They say early February for South Korea, who knows for the states
    Pynk_moscato_18 likes this.
    01-23-2020 06:38 AM
    I’m having no issues ...all is good . Also waiting on GoodLock... #hex is solid for my theme colors till then though ...
    Pynk_moscato_18 likes this.
    01-23-2020 07:25 AM
    Wish I could go back till good lock is updated. They say early February for South Korea, who knows for the states
    If your on a carrier Snapdragon can go back to Android Pie with Odin process.
    EMGSM likes this.
    01-23-2020 07:31 AM
    If your on a carrier Snapdragon can go back to Android Pie with Odin process.
    At this point it isn't worth doing it now
    01-23-2020 07:36 AM
    At this point it isn't worth doing it now
    Yes your right , just thought i would let you know tho.
    01-23-2020 07:38 AM
    I'm good on Android 10. My phone is working well . All I need is my good lock back and everything will be straight.
    01-23-2020 08:04 AM
    I'm good on Android 10. My phone is working well . All I need is my good lock back and everything will be straight.
    Soon We will Have GoodLock 2020 Which i'm sure that you know this.
    01-23-2020 08:10 AM
    I was missing Good Lock/Navistar so much that I did downgrade to Android 9/Pie. Good Lock apps really complete my setup. Only thing with downgrading is that you have to do a factory restore. OS 10 has too many different files & won't allow you to downgrade using Odin without restore. Not easy like just downgrading some firmware because even with a backup I still had a lot to re-set up. Looks like Navistar won't come with the initial Good Lock 2020 update.
    https://ww.9to5google.com/1:bIS0dIN6...cnSzc2mlMUFxMx
    01-23-2020 05:54 PM
    No. I love the native dark mode. Now I don't have to use the PixelizeD theme anymore.
    01-23-2020 07:43 PM
    No. I love the native dark mode. Now I don't have to use the PixelizeD theme anymore.
    I also love dark mode. It's nice to be able to use it automatically when the sun sets and not have to use special themes.
    01-23-2020 08:30 PM
    Android 10 has been about perfect for me. Looking forward to getting Good Lock back, but other than that, it's been great. I was amazed at that laundry list of items in the post above. Other than Good Lock missing, I've had none of those issues. I realize some items are just personal preference though.

I actually prefer One UI 2 to the Pixel version of Android 10. Never thought I'd say that even though I've been a Samsung user for years.
    srgonu, waqqas31 and EMGSM like this.
    01-23-2020 09:24 PM
    Still waiting on the update on xfinity on an unlocked device from Samsung.
    01-23-2020 11:21 PM
    No regrets here. Everything is much better and smooth. Just waiting for good lock.
    01-24-2020 10:59 AM
    I have no regrets just that the animations could be worked on to be more smooth and better haptic feedbacks.
    EMGSM likes this.
    01-24-2020 12:12 PM
    For me it's been an improvement since last version.. the dark mode is a nice feature..small small additions like share data when i use the app permission is also a security feature..overall i see a better performance though there are few issues which are manageable and not too much to point..10 has been a thankful update
    EMGSM likes this.
    01-25-2020 01:31 AM
    No regrets whatsoever. My Note 9 and Note 10 Plus are both working fine. I didn't even need to do a hard reset. I disliked GESTURES on Android Pie but now use them on both phones. Battery life has improved. Most importantly there's DARK MODE (which still needs improvement especially in the email app. I don't like the OUTLOOK app and still use BLUE MAIL)
    EMGSM likes this.
    01-25-2020 06:11 AM

Overall my experience has been good. I don't notice too much of a change. However after a while. My phone lags a bit, or freezes. Then a black screen. The worst is my text messages. I master reset my phone thinking it was my phone and not the update. The freezes and lags so bad now. I wish I had kept the previous version. Being a google pixel device I get the updates immediately.
    01-25-2020 06:51 AM
    Overall my experience has been good. I don't notice too much of a change. However after a while. My phone lags a bit, or freezes. Then a black screen. The worst is my text messages. I master reset my phone thinking it was my phone and not the update. The freezes and lags so bad now. I wish I had kept the previous version. Being a google pixel device I get the updates immediately.
    My texting freezes to occasionally also.
    01-25-2020 07:10 AM
    A few things weren't working/freezing on me so I went back to December firmware. I'll switch back once more bugs get ironed out.
    burrzoo likes this.
    01-25-2020 07:22 PM
    I was missing Good Lock/Navistar so much that I did downgrade to Android 9/Pie. Good Lock apps really complete my setup. Only thing with downgrading is that you have to do a factory restore. OS 10 has too many different files & won't allow you to downgrade using Odin without restore. Not easy like just downgrading some firmware because even with a backup I still had a lot to re-set up. Looks like Navistar won't come with the initial Good Lock 2020 update.
    https://ww.9to5google.com/1:bIS0dIN6...cnSzc2mlMUFxMx
    I missed good lock so much I went out and bought a new note 10+. Needless to say, there's no updating to Android 10 until good lock is updated, and who knows, maybe I won't update it till I'm forced, there really wasn't that much differences in the update.
    mustang7757 and burrzoo like this.
    01-26-2020 07:55 AM
30 12