Scored a wireless charger and earbuds with the Verizon Up promotion. Problem is, does not seem reliable. I put the phone crosswise on the charger and the phone lights up telling me it is at x% with x time left for full charge. I then turn off the lights and go to sleep. Next morning it either has worked or not. Have tried this both with the Samsung kickstand case on and off - does not make any difference. Suggestions?

Best... Steve
    01-24-2020 02:59 PM
    I'm guessing you have a case on your phone and that is part of the problem, I say... part of... because Samsungs wireless chargers have never been the best compared to quality aftermarket ones
    01-24-2020 03:08 PM
    I use a Samsung wireless Fast charger 2018 edition with the fan built in no issues, which Samsung wireless charger your using ? Do you have another wireless charger to test on ?
    1raygin likes this.
    01-24-2020 03:12 PM
    that's what I thought since the case is pretty thick but even with the case off it does the same thing. Strange part is that sometimes it will go to full charge by the next morning. The charger has a big round part that says fast charge so not sure why this is happening.
    01-24-2020 03:14 PM
    What is in Settings Device Care Battery for fast charging?
    01-24-2020 04:08 PM
    both fast cable and fast wireless charging are enabled
    01-24-2020 04:27 PM
    both fast cable and fast wireless charging are enabled
    Try changing the cable.... Might be charger or cable problem
    01-24-2020 04:37 PM
    My wife had similar issues. It turns out notifications during the night "vibrate" the phone slightly off the center of the charger and stops charging. Since she uses no disturb mode the issue went away.
    01-24-2020 11:03 PM
    Scored a wireless charger and earbuds with the Verizon Up promotion. Problem is, does not seem reliable. I put the phone crosswise on the charger and the phone lights up telling me it is at x% with x time left for full charge. I then turn off the lights and go to sleep. Next morning it either has worked or not. Have tried this both with the Samsung kickstand case on and off - does not make any difference. Suggestions?

Best... Steve
    I have been using many sorts of cases with my N10+. Never had a problem with wireless charging. Maybe you have a faulty wireless charger. I use the Samsung 15W stand type.
    1raygin likes this.
    01-24-2020 11:03 PM
    I have all Samsung wireless chargers in my house with no issues with various phones. You probably have a bad one.
    1raygin likes this.
    01-25-2020 12:59 AM
    I have all Samsung wireless chargers in my house with no issues with various phones. You probably have a bad one.
    Thats about it
    01-25-2020 01:14 AM
    Obviously the thicker a case the more accurate you need to have the phone on the charger.
    On my Samsung Duos charger I got as promo gift with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm the phone side works fine with a slim case but the smaller pad for the watch is very finicky, to the extent where im now using it for wireless earbuds instead and the original charger dock for the watch hooked up separately
    01-25-2020 03:15 AM
    If you have the phone right at the edge of the active area (to within thoudandths of an inch), even air pressure or temperature pressure changes can "move" the phone enough to keep it from charging. Move the phone round to find out where the limits of active charging are, then make sure to place the phone dead center in that circle. (The phone itself also has an active charging area. Ideally, the axes of the coil in the phone and the coil in the charger should be aligned, but since you can't see them, you'll just have to move the phone around to figure it out.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-25-2020 02:39 PM